New York-Hudson Valley

Did you preserve your bouquet?

I can't decide if I want to or not... for those of you who did - are you glad you did? I feel like I'll have pictures of the bouquet, but I also like the idea of hanging it up with like my invite or something?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did you preserve your bouquet?

• kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't pay anyone to do it - I just hung it upside down in a closet for a few weeks and it dried perfectly. I keep it in a vase in our office and it looks pretty.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_did-preserve-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2fdd5e26-d79d-44a2-9fe0-2f7c94f79588Post:a1e17941-b7ff-4c53-9afb-9b8c08e4d9cb">Re: Did you preserve your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I</strong> <strong>didn't pay anyone to do it - I just hung it upside down in a closet for a few weeks and it dried perfectly</strong>. I keep it in a vase in our office and it looks pretty.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

I sprayed mine with hairspray and hung it upside down. It's still intact and I plan to place it in a shadowbox at some point.

Someone here used Forever in Bloom in Mt Kisco and it came out really nice!
  • edited December 2011

Oh I didn't even think of DIY! Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I turned mine into potpouri

336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also hung mine upside down for a few weeks and (over one year later) it still looks great!!
  • edited December 2011
    i had it preserved and framed at forever in bloom. glad i did. i was debating if i was going to and ended up doing it because my bouquet was not the typical style and i really wanted to keep it. i thought about DIYing but but the flowers were a little too delicate for that, and i have dried my own flowers in the past and they didn't hold up as well as i would have liked.

forever in bloom did a great job and were really awesome.
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used forever in bloom
    Got it put in a shadow box with our invitation and J's boutineer
    Loved the way it came it!!!!! They did a great job

• MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow I never even thought of doing this! What a great idea.  For those of you that used Forever in Bloom...was it expensive?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom found a shop down in South Carolina that turns the flowers into candles which I thought was kind of a cool idea.  I guess it's more like a candle holder than a candle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_did-preserve-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:2fdd5e26-d79d-44a2-9fe0-2f7c94f79588Post:ccc55e0f-28e6-4059-a08a-d135902a8ef9">Re: Did you preserve your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow I never even thought of doing this! What a great idea.  For those of you that used Forever in Bloom...was it expensive?
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

<div>Depends on what you want. </div><div>If you want stuff with it, like i did, or what type of box you want, It can get pricey.</div><div>Here is there website</div><div><a href="http://www.foreverinbloomonline.com/">http://www.foreverinbloomonline.com/</a></div>

• Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

After all of your posts I am embarassed to say that I threw mine out the next day!

We were in a rush to pack up and check out of the hotel to meet everyone at brunch before going to the airport and with everything I was carrying and the fact I was overly exhausted, I just decided I couldn't deal with it and to the trash it went!

My justification was that I had it in lots of photographs and on our wedding video. Plus thinking about it now, I have no idea what I would do with it.

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_did-preserve-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2fdd5e26-d79d-44a2-9fe0-2f7c94f79588Post:a1e17941-b7ff-4c53-9afb-9b8c08e4d9cb">Re: Did you preserve your bouquet?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't pay anyone to do it - I just hung it upside down in a closet for a few weeks and it dried perfectly. I keep it in a vase in our office and it looks pretty.
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

This.  I hung it upside down in our basement...it still has the charms on it and is in a vase in the dining room and looks great after over a year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • akardasakardas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine turned into a painting: www.flowersintopaintings.com

I should be getting it in the next month! I can share pics when I get it. 

The shipping is expensive, but I loved this idea! I took some of my BM flowers and mine and sent them.  Much easier to dust (haha!)
    176imageInvited; 118imageYes!; 58imagehave other plans;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards