New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Dj and Photographer suggestions

We need to find a DJ and photographer for our wedding.  Our reception is at the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel.  Any suggestions?  We don't want a DJ that is over the top.  We want everyone to have fun, but we don't want someone who is going to try and be center stage.  We also don't like "props".  We don't really know what we want in photography except that we don't want someone who is very expensive.  We'd appreciate any suggestions!  Thanks!

Re: Dj and Photographer suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Michelle Taylor, a DJ from Clear Channel Radio that also does weddings on the side.  My FI knows her personally and has seen her in action doing live events.  She's got a great personality, and can really get a crowd pumped up.  We are not getting any special props or lights.  Her fee includes her and an assistant.  If you want her contact info, let me know!

As for photog, we are using Benidotti Photo.  They are pretty much average price (the basic package that we're getting is about $3200 with tax and a 10% discount b/c our wedding is in November).  This includes Lou and his wife Leah as the photographers, all proofs, a proof book, 36-page bridal album, 11x14 enlargement, 2 folios, and a DVD.  Also includes an "engagement photo shoot" a month or two before the wedding so we can become more comfortable infront of the camera, and they can see how we photograph.  They do great work, and we've heard they are very easy to work with.  They also have lots of great ideas on how to do creative shots, which we were looking for!

PS- We are also having the reception at the Grand, and both vendors are very familiar with the venue, as well as the staff.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend, Gary Whitaker, Strictly Entertainment DJs.  He did our wedding at the Pok Grand.  He has a huge music catalog, & is a great DJ.  Our dance floor was never empty and everyone had a blast.  

www.strictlyentertainmentdjs.com

We used Bedinotti Photo for our phtographer. Two of the greatest people I"ve ever met.  The pictures turned our fantastic and we had the proofs back immediately. 

www.bedinottiphoto.com

Both vendors work at the Pok Grand a lot and know their stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What you want sounds very similar to what we wanted (and got!) with our DJs and photographer.

Our DJs were Steph and Jeff from the DJ Solution (www.thedjsolution.com). They were wonderful to work with before, during and after our wedding. Steph was very helpful to me during the planning process. On the day of the wedding, they kept the dance floor packed all night, and did everything we had asked.  They were not obtrusive at all, and called no attention to themselves personally. 

Our photographer was Kim Coccagnia (www.kimberlycoccagnia.com).  She was absolutely wonderful to work with, as well, and is VERY reasonably priced for the area.  I love how my pictures came out, and was so happy we went with her.

I can't recommend any of them highly enough!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using DJ Domenick for my DJ. Our reception is also at the Poughkeepsie. A friend of mine recommended him from her wedding reception last summer. He is exactly what you said...we feel the same. Wanted someone down-to-earth and non-intrusive. Domenick is all of that and on top it of very nice!

I am using Bluesky Photography for my photographer he has packages starting at $3500. He does amazing work and is very nice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am useing Next Generation Dj Entertainment, my sister and a couple of friends used them and they are amazing....check them out NextGenerationNy.com we have been dealing with Michael and he has been great....and for photo we are useing Digital Weddings they are loacted on Rt 9 in Fishkill nothing but great things to say about both of my vendors!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I **loved** my photographer: Chris Jorda.

I loved my DJ, but he's a little on the pricey side: DJ Gaza.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Our Dj was Victor Vargas he did an amazing job,
    Our photographer Was Igor from Galaxy Foto in Middletown,he was a little pricey but def worth it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Alfonso from Photography by Alfonso. We customized our package and it wasn't at any extra cost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Blazin Beatz for our wedding at the Grandview. Just from meeting with him I am so confident in his ability. He is not over the top..understands our music taste and is accomodating.

We are using Kimberly Coccagnia for photos. She is AMAZING!!! Our e-pics came out great and I know our wedding pics will as well. Her pricing is unbelievable for what you get...plus she just has an awesome personality
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ was very reasonable and was great to work with....he did not push props and that is actually a question on his list (of whether you want them or not)...we didn't want the either.  www.djbriswatek.com. He had everyone dancing from my 2 1/2 year old nephews to my 80 year old aunts and uncles...

Our photographer was Majestic Studios and I felt they were reasonable and they were wonderful to work with.  He does have varying packages...we did the middle one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dj-photographer-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:3e7ab73a-cdb6-46f5-a48e-dcb8c4630825Post:def662c9-9b76-454a-987c-28a3eb5bfb03">Re: Dj and Photographer suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our DJ was very reasonable and was great to work with....he did not push props and that is actually a question on his list (of whether you want them or not)...we didn't want the either. <strong>DJ Bri Swatek / Spinning with Style  </strong><strong><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.djbriswatek.com">www.djbriswatek.com</a></strong>. He had everyone dancing from my 2 1/2 year old nephews to my 80 year old aunts and uncles... Our photographer was <strong>Majestic Studios</strong> and I felt they were reasonable and they were wonderful to work with.  He does have varying packages...we did the middle one.
    Posted by ssage[/QUOTE]

This! Exactly!

Same DJ.Same photographer (used for video too). They both did a great job!

photo website is <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.majesticstudios.info">www.majesticstudios.info</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.digital-weddings.com check them out we booked them phenominal work at my friends wedding as well as what he showed us and had to offer. Give them a shout very easy to work with reasonably priced.
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Jimmy Dee for our DJ.. they were great, and my guests had a great time all night!!

For photography we used Kim Coccagnia.  My pictures came out amazing, and I couldn't be happier!!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in a wedding at The Poughkeepsie Grand...SO excited!! She is using:

DJ Victor Vargas www.victorvargas.com

Photographer is Scott Kretschmann Photography www.scottkretschmann.com

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards