New York-Hudson Valley

St. Patrick's - Yorktown?!?!

THEY DONT RETURN MY CALLS.....getting very annoyed!!

Anybody else have this problem??

Re: St. Patrick's - Yorktown?!?!

• riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i called the rectory 962-5050 with all of my questions and so far so good with them picking up. I think they have their hours on the website, if not I would suggest trying to stop by one day and pick up the packet they give you with all the info and to make sure that your date is open. Be prepared for the third degree lol they like really question you and are a little bit of a pain.... good luck!
  • edited December 2011

We are already set of the date (which was also a process of them not returning calls), but now we are trying to set up an appointment to meet with the priest to give him our paperwork, and set a date and time for rehersal. We have spoken to very nice people in the rectory, but unfortunately its the priest who has yet to call us back : ( ... we will probably have to go in.... just like we did for setting the wedding date!

• edited December 2011

riab85 - Do you know when your rehersal is going to be? That is one of main reasons for trying to get in touch with the priest. Have you had any luck speaking with him?

• riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we were actuallly just trying to figure that out too.. we want to start telling our bridal party and more importantly figure out whos marrying us. when we went last summer in set our date, they basically said you get whoever isn't on vacation that week... which kinda sucks, but my fiance had to go back and make his confirmation and he wanted one of the priests from there to do it, but they aren't available for our date. i just don't want Bisigano; he wasn't very nice to us when we had our first meeting with him. i know when Mike (my fiance) had to take that adult ccd it was on weds nights, and the priests were all there. so i would say maybe try calling weds at 7pm or stopping by  at that time because they should all still be there.

some of my friends who have gotten married there said they do it either a day or two in advance. we're getting married on a friday like they did, i dont know if its different for saturday weddings. but its on my list of stuff that i need to do this week, and prob should have already done lol. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out, if I hear anything I'll let you know.  i want to get that investigation over with and hand in the pre cana stuff before we lose it 

which church are u getting married in, and are you doing a full mass? im a litle bummed that we can't have flowers in the church.... they have such redic rules.

ill keep you posted!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info!! Sounds like we went through the same thing!! I would say that John and I aren't big fans of Fr. Bisingano either. That's who we keep trying to get in contact with and still he has yet to return any of our calls. When we first got engaged in Aug, I called 1x-2x a week for almost 4 weeks, I left messages both on his voicemail and with various people in the rectory, and still no call back! We finally had to hunt him down after mass on a sunday, and when we asked to speak with him, he actually was annoyed with us since we didnt have an appointment!!! And now once again we have tried to call and get in touch with him over the last 2 weeks and no call back. I wish we could work with another priest, but unfortunately I think we have to go through him. We would really like to "request Fr. Augustine", but he said the same thing to us, " it depends on who's not on vacation". We're still gonna try though!!

We are getting married in the Stone Church, and we are actually on the Sunday of Columbus day weekend, Oct 9th. Which is another reason why we are trying to find out when the rehersal is going to be so that we can book a resturant, the places we had in mind (traditions or piato grill) are booking up, not to mention that most of our bridal party is from out of town! Becuase we are gettin married on a Sunday they said we MUST have a full mass, which we don't mind, but again with the "rules". The other thing that caught us off guard (but makes s ense) was that we have to go to confession at the rehersal! Freaked both of us out!! haha neither one of us had been to confession since we get our confirmation!!! We were lucky that we had the opportunity to go to confession at precana this way it won't be so bad when we go at the rehersal ;) ESPECIALLY IF ITS WITH BISINGANO!!

The flower rule is another weird one, but my friend is a florist and has done many weddings in the Stone Church and said that because its so small, most people can't see the flowers anyway. We are going to do pew bows with flowers on them to add some decoration.

Sorry for the rant!! Nice to hear I am not the only one having this issue :) I will have to go and track them down again! I'll keep ya posted! Good luck on your investigation! :)
  • riab85riab85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha anytime... and when i called today and got no one!!! i'm going to try again on monday to figure it all out, i didn't know you had to go to confession for the rehearsal dinner lol oh boy, i don't think ive gone since confirmation either!!!

we had originally booked the stone church, but switched when we found out they had no ac, since we're in the middle of august. we're doing the pew bows as well, and i think im just gonna give my flower girl a mini bouquet since she can't throw petals down the aisle.

good luck with the rest of your planning... and with the rehearsal dinner. our best man is actually the owner of traditions, lol small world. hopefully you guys are able to have it there... i have a feeling my bridal shower is there next month (my family isn't good a whispering on the phone lol)

hopefully these priests pick their vacation schedules and we can get everything out of the way in the near future lol.... my invitation sample came in today, im so excited, that was the last major thing we had to get done!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards