New York-Hudson Valley

Re: Recipe Tuesday

• reddamaskreddamask member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everyone has been really loving the modified mushroom casserole I make from 101 Cookbooks. The origional recipie is here, http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/mushroom-casserole-recipe.html but I make quite a few changes, so I will write mine below:

2 packages (20 ounces) baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
    1 large onion, well chopped
    5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    3 cups cooked brown rice, room temperature
    2 large eggs
    1 cup fat free riccotta
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
    1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and sliced

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Rub a medium-large baking dish with a bit of olive oil or butter and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat saute the mushrooms in a glug of olive oil sprinkled with a couple pinches of salt. Stir every minute or so until the mushrooms have released their liquid and have browned a bit. Add the onions and cook for another 4 or 5 minutes or until they are translucent. Stir in the garlic, cook for another minute and remove from heat. Add the rice to the skillet and the spinach and stir until combined, and spinach is slightly wilted.

In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, ricotta, sour cream, and salt.

Combine the rice mixture and cheese mixture in a large bowl, stir until well combined and then turn out into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and place in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 or 30 minutes more or hot throughout and golden along the edges. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and enjoy.

Seriously, so so good
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We made this last night and it was yummy:

Broccoli Chicken Divan

• 1 pound chopped fresh broccoli
    • 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken meat (we used leftover rotisserie chicken)
    • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
    • 1/3 cup milk
    • 1/2 cup sour cream
    • diced onion (if desired)
    • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    • 4 tablespoon butter, melted
    • 8 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
    Preheat oven to 450.
    Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
    Place the cooked broccoli in a 8x10 baking dish. Top with the chicken.
    In a bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and milk, and pour over the chicken.
    Top with remaining cheese.
    Mix the melted butter with the bread crumbs, and sprinkle over the cheese.
    Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown.

imageimageimage
  • probablykateprobablykate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spinach Ricotta Pasta

1 cup cooked spinach
    1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
    1 tomato
    1 pound penne pasta
    a few cloves garlic, minced
    1 onion, chopped
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    salt and pepper to taste
    (optional parmesan cheese to put on top)

In a large skillet, warm the oil over medium heat.  Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion becomes translucent.

Add the spinach, ricotta, tomato, and salt and pepper.  Mix thoroughly.

Pour over hot pasta and add the parmesan if desired

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I may or may not have shared this with you guys but I made it last night.

Lentil Pasta

Make 1 box of pasta (shells, rotini, ziti). Boil water with some salt and put 1 teaspoon of oregano in water, boil pasta

In a pan like wok or deep pan put 1/4 cup olive oil cook 3 or 4 cloves garlic (chopped) and some chopped up onions (like little onion half). Saute for a few mins (do not burn garlic) Then add 2 cans lentil soup (progresso) and cook about 15 mins when you see it start boiling, add pasta parmesan cheese to top and stir and mix together til heated through.

Super easy and YUMMY!! Makes for delicious leftovers. If I make the full pound of pasta, I get like 5 servings for us. So we have lunch!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards