Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Weekend Getaway Ideas! PLEASE HELP :O)

HOLA CHICAS, I want to plan a get away with FI and I, I am thinking the end of august around 8/28-8/31.  I would like to do something different since most of the time we end up going to the Cape.  Any ideas as of were to go that would not recommend buying plane tickets, and not too long of a drive? Also if you know what there is to do there would be great too!   TIA!  :O) *~Mendy~*
Anniversary Photobucket

Re: Weekend Getaway Ideas! PLEASE HELP :O)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    North Conway, NH Ogunquit, ME Cooperstown, NY Lake George, NY Most of these places have cute shops and restauraunts - North Conway has several attractions and Ogunquit has a gorgeous beach!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I just went to Quebec City for a long weekend and it was fabulous. Just like Europe except you can drive. 6.5 hour drive, not bad. Its a french speaking city, but shop owners and wait staff also speak english, too. The US dollar has picked up against CA dollar, so its a little savings there. We stayed at a VERY romantic B&B for about 100 bucks a night, I can send you the info if you like.Here are some pics of the vaca:http://tinyurl.com/ngj3pv
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Quebec City is amazing.... Niagra Falls is a good stop too. Newport RI is my fave beach locale to visitYou could head up to Maine for a relaxing weekend
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Or NYC - Go to a show & nice dinner, walk around the city
  • Options
    sprinkles2003sprinkles2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Block Island!It's actually quicker to get to then even MV or nantucket. Ferry ride's only 40 minutes out of RI.Cute B&Bs, great restuarants, fun to rent a bike and bike around, or just lounge on the beach.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mystic, CT- Lots of little shops by the water, historic seaport.Providence- Huge mall, Roger Williams Zoo, lots of bars and restaurants.York, ME- another beach town with lots of shops and beaches.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ogonquit (sp?), gloucester or rockport
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Mountain View Grand resort in NH one weekend and had a couple's massage at the spa. It was really nice, the view was beautiful and the rooms had just been all re-done. I think it's a 2 hour drive away? Food was great too! [url]http://www.mountainviewgrand.com/[/url] We also stayed at the Eagle Mountain House one year and hiked around the river and just basically enjoyed nature. It's in Mt. Washington Valley. [url]http://www.eaglemt.com/[/url] And our old standby is Newport, RI - TONS of great little romantic B&Bs - we like to visit the vineyard there for tastings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for these great Ideas!!!I am excited and cant wait!
    Anniversary Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards