New York-Hudson Valley

Abigail Kirsch brides-HELP NEEDED!

I am meeting in a few weeks with a few Abagail Kirsch venues and I am looking to find out how flexible they are with regards to negotiating? We will def make the min. guest requirement so I am hoping that this helps a little.

What have you been able to "get" from AK?  Thanks!!

Re: Abigail Kirsch brides-HELP NEEDED!

• edited December 2011

I know AK very well and know the standard of service that they provide. As far as them being flexible with negotiation...very one's expierence is different. I will say that the food and service is great and worth the cost. Good luck and if you pick an AK venue I would recommend the Botanical Gardens and ask for either Mike or Stephanie...the best AK has to offer!

Best wishes!

• edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at Tappan hill (I think they cater there). Anyway, I'm remembering the ads that AB places in magazines.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I don't know if you can "get" anything from any caterer simply by making there minimum. The minimum is what they expect you to pay for. Now if you  have quite a lot more people then they require, then you have  abetter chance of "getting" something extra. But, I'd assume for most caterers making their minimum is something they expect you to do (and pay for) with out and incentive.

But if you have more than the minimum requires, definitely try to negotiate something1

Good luck!
  • megabb13megabb13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking at AK Tappan Hill.  They have definitely dropped their pricing due to the recession.  I believe it's $230/pp which includes tax and the 20% tip.  They also charge a 1200 Mansion fee, which is a little ridiculous, but it's a beautiful place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards