Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Nice wedding dress stores in Boston-Providence area please! :)

I am looking for a nice store in the Boston area (Providence area is fine as well) to buy my wedding dress. The few stores I have been to looked very old, run-down and  dirty, not what i expected considering the amount of money we are spending! Any store at the mall looked better than these!  Although it is not the most important thing to consider, I would like the shopping experience to be as memorable as  the wedding itself! Yes I watch Say yes to the dress and i dream about a similar experience :)

I found Cristina's in Andover, La Reine in Waltham, Country Weddings in hingham or Ana's bridal in Attleboro but the reviews I read are not the greatest. I am totally confused! Can some of you recommend or share their experience?

Thank you so much.

Re: Nice wedding dress stores in Boston-Providence area please! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried on dresses at Country Weddings in Hingham and they were very nice, even though I ended up not buying from them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Allegria Bridal in Belmont, I didnt end up buying my dress there, but they had a very good selection, and the service was great too. I bought my dress at L'Elite on Newbury Street in Boston, I love it there, some people will disagree! But I had a great experience all around - i think theyre dresses start at around $2,000.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend bought her dress from La Reine in Waltham and had a great experience buying it.  When it came in, there was a stain on it and they sent it back and got a new one back in plenty of time for alterations.  We also got our BMs dresses there (but had them altered elsewhere) and it was all good.  It looks run down outside and it's small but they definitely listen to what the bride is looking for!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ateichmanateichman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Cristinas in Andover. I also read the reviews but kept an open mind. I had a 6pm appointment on a Wednesday night and had the salon completely to myself!

My attendant started with 5 dresses and we banged them out! I think I tried on a total of 12 dresses during my visit and ended up buying one of the first couple I selected. She was really open and patient. 

Once we decided to buy the owner came up and rang us up after hours. I had a wonderful experience and kind of hated that I didn't get to return for a second visit!
  • Options
    courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Allegria Bridal in Belmont. Very nice salon with a great selection and great staff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Camillas Bridal in Arlington.  I went there, Precious Moments in Malden and David's Bridal.  I loved the experience at Camillas, and they had the dress I really wanted to try on when I had looked at the website.  The owner is incredibly NON pushy, and told me to take some time, go home, think about the dresses, go try on others, and come back if it was what I really wanted. I did just that and ended up ordering a Maggie Sottero from Camillas.  I liked the salesgirl at PRecious Moments, but the dresses weren't what I wanted.  I felt like I was in a factory at David's Bridal, so I didn't have a good experience there.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Helene's Bridals and Tux in East Providence! Great customer service and nice selection of dresses that are reasonably priced too. Oh they don't have the luxury state tax in MA too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards