Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Buses?

I know it has been asked before-- but anyone have a super cheap bus company in Boston to cart all my drunk friends back to the hotel? TIA

Re: Buses?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know any in Boston, but I love how you called it like it is-- that is the exact reason I'm getting a bus too :)
  • Options
    ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what your  budget is, but I got a 55-passenger motorcoach from McGinn Bus Company out of Lynn for a total of 7 hrs to go from hotel to venue and back to hotel at the end of the night for $600 plus tip.  I probably called between 10 & 15 companies and that was the cheapest I could find - most were closer to $1000. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First Student or North Suburban
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used First Student and I think we paid under $300 but I can't remember.  It's a big yellow school bus but it did the trick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_buses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:8a9af939-cdcd-4b55-852f-7ae73ad8500ePost:e3289b7d-2578-4ff4-a067-5a74d9730e0c">Re: Buses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what your  budget is, but I got a 55-passenger motorcoach from McGinn Bus Company out of Lynn for a total of 7 hrs to go from hotel to venue and back to hotel at the end of the night for $600 plus tip.  I probably called between 10 & 15 companies and that was the cheapest I could find - most were closer to $1000. 
    Posted by ebigelow[/QUOTE]

Did you have to rent it for 7 hours?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ebigelowebigelow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, but I think it's either a 3 hr min or 5 hr min...they seemed like a pretty reasonable company so they may be willing to negotiate...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used McGinn and they were great.  The driver was right no time and professional.  He was also a blast!  He came to our afterparty for a bite to eat.  I would HIGHLY recommend them.  The bus was extremely clean and they were the most reasonable I found.  
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Silver Fox Coach for a 55 passenger bus.  It's $825, but we have it for a total of ~9 hours.  They are doing a shuttle trip to our ceremony, and then 2 return shuttles after the reception (one a little earlier and one a little later).  They are definitely willing to negotiate, and when we contacted them they suggested we make sure we include something in our invitation so that if we only have 20 people want to take the shuttle (or something like that), that we can downsize to a smaller bus & save ourselves some money (I thought it was cool that they were concientious of our budget).  The sales guy is Brian Fox--he's been great to work with.  Oh, and they even extended our time for no cost once we found out that there's a Red Sox game the same date/time as our wedding (and we're getting married on Newbury St) to ensure our guests make it to the ceremony on time. 
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards