New York-Hudson Valley

Old friend inviting herself to wedding...HELP!

Hey all,

So I have a bit of a dilemma.  A really old friend found me on facebook about a year or so ago, just before I got engaged.  We kept in slight contact, but really just over facebook.  Before that, I haven't seen or heard from her in about 8 years.  With 4 months to go, she basically just invited herself to the wedding, citing that she would love to go, especially since we've known each other since we were four.  Again, this is over facebook.  

Although it would be nice to invite her, our guest list is already off the charts, plus I haven't really talked to her in so long.  I hate to be "one of those people", but she really isn't someone that I wanted to get back in touch with, let alone invite to my wedding.

What do I say to her?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Old friend inviting herself to wedding...HELP!

• edited December 2011
    I completely understand where you are coming from. Honestly, it's your wedding and you need to do what you feel is best for your FI and you, and your budget.  I personally probably would not invite her, unless it's a friendship you were hoping to rekindle. If it's not, well then there's no love lost, you know? Her feelings might be hurt, but if it's explained in such a way, where you say that the guestlist has been set and financially you're not at a place where you can make additions, hopefully she would understand. Or you can fib a little and say your FI recently wanted to invite an extra person and you said no, so then it wouldn't be fair for you to... a little white lie wouldn't hurt.
    Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!  That is such great advice, I'll definitely take it into consideration and probably put it to use.

Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards