Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions?

Re: Confessions?

• Options
    edited May 2010
    I confess that I'm really annoyed with FI's aunt. She asked us several times over the past year of being engaged if we wanted her to do the calligraphy for the envelopes. We said yes and two months ago, gave her the addresses and envelopes. Yesterday, she told me that she still has 40 left, while we need to mail them May 10. She is going on vacation over the next week, so they will not be done next week, either. I really can't push the mailing of these back two weeks, so we are picking them up tonight and I'm going to do my best to finish them. I confess that I'm more upset than I let FI know because I don't want to appear as if I am bashing a family member.

Edit: I'm editing because I am super appreciative of what she has done. I truly am. I just wish I knew earlier than last night that they wouldn't be finished so I could have made better alternative plans.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:2fd2c99c-0242-4983-b215-65b4c93d2d7b">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]TJ... that's slightly creepy. So, manguy, you really have NO idea what your wife's SN was?
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

I think I feel like it's a confession because it SOUNDS creepy, but I don't FEEL creepy. I just haven't had anything to SAY.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:37e02666-0452-4fb7-a47a-e64befd78b26">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Biogirl - I have an idea of how you are feeling.  I have gained close to 40lbs and I have been feeling miserable but I recently started changing things in my life (food and exercise) and I am feeling so much better.   Food is my downfall and DH doesn't help the situation much.
    Posted by Kasi80[/QUOTE]

Exactly! What is it with guys? FI knows I'm struggling(and he's not very healthy/in shape either) and yet he continues to make milkshakes and order pizza. He's driving me crazy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I confess I have been trying to lose weight for months, but I can't seem to quite drinking so it's not working at all. I have a hard time making it three days with having a drink. It's a problem.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:2f058b19-57ec-4476-85cc-89d6384d994d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I think I feel like it's a confession because it SOUNDS creepy, but I don't FEEL creepy. I just haven't had anything to SAY.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with lurking
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:67458fcf-cac5-409c-a6c0-9103f03421c4">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I have been trying to lose weight for months, but I can't seem to quite drinking so it's not working at all. I have a hard time making it three days with having a drink. It's a problem.
    Posted by miss.jawright[/QUOTE]
    I'm not trying to be snarky---but, isn't that "problem" that you speak of often referred to as alcoholism?

I confess to smoking again also. It's my vice. And, as bad as it is for me, I'm not even sure I <span style="font-style:italic;">want to</span> give it up just yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:29e241a2-3dff-4604-91b4-2d26cc537d19">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Funny story: Evie had supposedly stopped going on the knot but I hadn't, I just didn't mention it so she didn't really know, and one day she started talking about this debate she'd had with "her girlfriends" and all their different viewpoints etc, and I had just read the exact debate in the thread earlier that day. 
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]

That's actually kind of cute.  You should really talk to her about being on here tonight so you can post pictures and we can know who your wife is/was and get an idea of who you are.  It'd be cute to have a married couple on here debating.  ;) 

I'd love for T to post here.  I think he'd find it amusing and refreshing all at the same time. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:2fd2c99c-0242-4983-b215-65b4c93d2d7b">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]TJ... that's slightly creepy. So, manguy, you really have NO idea what your wife's SN was?

TJ, that is surprising and interesting.

Kiki, he said he used to post with her SN in his other thread.  So yeah he should know what her SN is.
  • Options
    I confess that I don't know what KPS means!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:a177202c-ee16-4cd1-a3b9-3fa333da1394">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? :I confess to smoking again also. It's my vice. And, as bad as it is for me, I'm not even sure I want to give it up just yet.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

I used to be a smoker but haven't been a regular smoker since quitting while pregnant.  I stopped all together for a while, but the past 6 months I smoke one cigarette after I put Jocelyn to bed.  I'd be so embarrassed to have her see me do it, or put any connections to me as a smoker.  And I just tell myself if I only smoke ONE cigarette a day, WTF is the point of doing it at all?  But I can't seem to stop. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:a177202c-ee16-4cd1-a3b9-3fa333da1394">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I confess to smoking again also. It's my vice. And, as bad as it is for me, I'm not even sure I want to give it up just yet.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

I have been thinking about quitting lately but I just don't know that I really want to <em>bad enough</em> that I actually will stick to it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:e0054e8a-9ab8-4107-8ee3-b54c86f7f8b9">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I pretty much hate myself. I weigh 40 pounds more than I did a year ago. I hate the way I look in all my clothes and I'm glad all I wear most days are my uniform for work and workout clothes. FI says it because I'm stressed about the wedding(I am for sure emotional eating) but I worry there's something wrong with me. I actually told him a couple weeks ago that I wish I was pregnant because at least then I'd have an excuse for gaining weight.
    Posted by BioGirl21[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Don't hate yourself for something as unimportant as your weight. If you're a biitch and a bad mother? okay.</div><div>
    </div><div>Curvy girls are incredibly sexy. My wife is soft and feminine with an ass that won't quit and I would probably be a little disappointed if she lost weight. If you think there might be something wrong make an appointment with your doctor. Better to know than to wonder, right?</div>
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:aa22976b-b111-44fc-a08c-6e881bc42d15">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Exactly! What is it with guys? FI knows I'm struggling(and he's not very healthy/in shape either) and yet he continues to make milkshakes and order pizza. He's driving me crazy.
    Posted by BioGirl21[/QUOTE]
    Mine says he wants to lose weight but he does exactly what you just mentioned.  It's really hard to resist the junk food when it's right in my face.  I've gotten to the point that I am so unhappy with the way I look that it's time to do something about it.  I've been through this before.  I can have motivation when I want it but it's when I'm single and there's no one to influence what I eat. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I confess that I have no clue what KPS is. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:552ab303-2d50-407b-af15-2b827fe2a050">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Don't hate yourself for something as unimportant as your weight. If you're a biitch and a bad mother? okay. Curvy girls are incredibly sexy. My wife is soft and feminine with an ass that won't quit and I would probably be a little disappointed if she lost weight. If you think there might be something wrong make an appointment with your doctor. Better to know than to wonder, right?

I'm curvy and my FI loves it =) He makes me feel better about myself all the time.
  • Options
    KPS = Knottie Post Secret
  • Options
    I've pushed beyond curvy to bulbous. 
  • Options
    I confess that I've gained weight to the point that I don't even fit into my wedding dress let alone feel beautiful in it. My drs can't figure anything out other than I'm "sick" (don't know with what) and that despite strict diet and exercise I probably won't be able to lose weight and if I stop diet and exercise I'm going to gain weight. I put a corset in my dress that I'll get back from alterations May 12, and I don't know what I'm going to do if it still doesn't fit. I feel like such a disappointment that I don't fit into my dress.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:16cca1a8-2285-4b7e-85af-5e40aa69fbaf">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I'm curvy and my FI loves it =) He makes me feel better about myself all the time.
    Posted by FutureMrsDudley55[/QUOTE]

This is how T is.  He saw a picture of me from high school and said if he met me and I was THAT skinny he'd have never, ever tried to date me.  He loves a nice bottom.....lucky for him I have a pretty big one! 
  • Options
    lizzie - If it makes you feel any better, I can't fit into my dress right now either.  I've gained 35 pounds since I bought it.
  • Options
    I confess that I keep the bottom drawer of my desk at work locked... I would really hate for a co-worker to open it and see how much junk food is in it. Haha! I truly don't have anything in it except for junk food. Sometimes I just get so stressed out here that I need to eat some comfort food.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I just honestly don't know what I'm going to do in the 9 days between the fitting and the wedding if it doesn't fit. I'll feel like such a failure if I can't fit into my original wedding dress (that fit when I bought it).

ETA: but thanks, I just always thought I was the only one that has this problem, and everybody else either loses weight during engagement, but certainly doesn't gain any. I felt like I was the only one.
  • Options

<div>
    </div><div>I know what her sn is I just have talked about her a lot today and I should prob check to see if it's okay with her before I out her. </div><div>
    </div><div>I would love to have her on here posting, especially when she's out of town. That would be cool. She's introverted though and after seeing a bunch of new posters get flamed she got trigger-shy last time. I'll let you know!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:e343f2ce-b189-4150-9569-d468bdace9b2">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just honestly don't know what I'm going to do in the 9 days between the fitting and the wedding if it doesn't fit. I'll feel like such a failure if I can't fit into my original wedding dress (that fit when I bought it). ETA: but thanks, I just always thought I was the only one that has this problem, and everybody else either loses weight during engagement, but certainly doesn't gain any. I felt like I was the only one.
    Posted by lizziemoopsc[/QUOTE]

Lizzie, you shouldn't feel like a failure, especially being sick.  You didn't "fail" at anything.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:552ab303-2d50-407b-af15-2b827fe2a050">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Don't hate yourself for something as unimportant as your weight. If you're a biitch and a bad mother? okay. Curvy girls are incredibly sexy. My wife is soft and feminine with an ass that won't quit and I would probably be a little disappointed if she lost weight. If you think there might be something wrong make an appointment with your doctor. Better to know than to wonder, right?

I agree, but there's a difference between curvy and fat. I would love to be curvy, I don't want to be stick skinny. I just want to get rid of the tire around my waist.
    And I would love to go to the doctor, but I'm currently laking insurance, so that's a no-go.
  • Options
    mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    I confess that I am little mad my brother and his girlfriend just told me yesterday that she is pregnant and due right around our wedding.  I know I only get one day and all but he's always been the one to get the attention and such from my parents despite never finishing college, getting into an truckload of debt, mooching, and the like. 

Just for once I thought I was going to be special and now it's already all abou the baby.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:2a987fd9-8558-4561-ac4c-14039b6942f0">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Damon!  ::swoon::
    Posted by SnShne322[/QUOTE]

^ I agree with this.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Both my mom and sister are stick thin, and my mom is constantly asking me if I'm working out enough, or why I can't lose weight, or why I needed to put in a corset in the first place. 

Thank you for the encouragement. I feel like it's all stuff I know, but something I can't bring myself to really believe about myself. If it were anybody else I would be saying (and believing!) the exact same things, but for some reason it doesn't count for me?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:e343f2ce-b189-4150-9569-d468bdace9b2">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just honestly don't know what I'm going to do in the 9 days between the fitting and the wedding if it doesn't fit. I'll feel like such a failure if I can't fit into my original wedding dress (that fit when I bought it). ETA: but thanks, I just always thought I was the only one that has this problem, and everybody else either loses weight during engagement, but certainly doesn't gain any. I felt like I was the only one.
    Posted by lizziemoopsc[/QUOTE]

My dress that I bought a year ago doesn't fit anymore. I purchased a new one about a month ago off David's Bridal's online store. It's one size bigger than my orginal and is precariously close to not fitting. It was sad to get a new one because I love my first dress, but I felt better getting a new one that was bigger than forcing myself to fit into my old one and being stressed about HAVING to lose weight on top of all my other stress.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0134b91a-9962-485d-a10d-7f5d9858df94Post:9e9ab673-39d5-4a84-82f9-278a4db98a8d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I used to be a smoker but haven't been a regular smoker since quitting while pregnant.  I stopped all together for a while, but the past 6 months I smoke one cigarette after I put Jocelyn to bed.  I'd be so embarrassed to have her see me do it, or put any connections to me as a smoker.  And I just tell myself if I only smoke ONE cigarette a day, WTF is the point of doing it at all?  But I can't seem to stop. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean---I'm not smoking nearly as much as I was over the winter, and I feel like I could walk away from them just like I did in January---but, I'm not sure I want to, so I don't. But? At the same time, I'm not sure why I bother doing it if I can limit myself to two a day, or something like that.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : I have been thinking about quitting lately but I just don't know that I really want to bad enough  that I actually will stick to it. 
    Posted by DanielleH910[/QUOTE]

And yup, I am just not sure I want to give it up right now---so, even if I told myself I would walk away from them, I doubt I would stick with it. Not because I can't. But because I'm not sure I want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards