Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Confessions/Rants/Vents?

12346»

Re: Confessions/Rants/Vents?

• Options
    Emily, he sounds like a total disaster and you have been paying his way for quite sometime.  Money issues are serious and it seems like you are mature & he just depends on people to bail him out and never has to face to consequences of his actions. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think you did the right thing and you are better off alone. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsrantsvents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:038260de-fa34-4fc1-9baf-321334487a14Post:ded0f291-8941-495a-ba65-08ebfdba9dcd">Re: Confessions/Rants/Vents?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you did the right thing and you are better off alone. 
    Posted by pinkpinot[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. I agree.</div><div>
    </div><div>This. Right here. Right answer.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessionsrantsvents?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:038260de-fa34-4fc1-9baf-321334487a14Post:b2463dcf-81c5-4bec-bdd0-554712608e2d">Re: Confessions/Rants/Vents?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok I need advice!!! I have been with FH(well not FH as of this morning) for little over 4 years. We have been engaged for over a year. From day one his financial decisions have always bothered me bc I like to be VERY smart with my money. I like to not waste money on things and I like to be sure and have cushion for emergencies. WHICH has come in handy for HIS SAKE. ugg I feel like this is such a long story but I will try to make it short. Before I meet fh he made some bad financial decisions, over the four years he has paid a lot of the debt off BUT I have picked up the price of living and any fun we have with my money that I have worked so hard to save and sacrificed having things I would like to haev and do in order to save. So-I had to pay like $1300 off for him about 6 months bc he had a dirt bike and lost it bc he couldn't pay for it (had the bike when we met and he has rode since he was 3), his 12 year old truck crapped out so I put $1000 down payment for him about 4 months ago and since he has bad credit he got like a 10% interest rate so we sat down & budgeted out a plan w/his income vs bills to where he could double up on the payment and get rid of it bc of the high interest. He has only paid double Once!! About 3 yrs ago his cousin paid off a credit card bill for fh as a favor to keep fh from payin interest-was about $8k!! Fh's balance for that has been at $300 since Oct and he has not made a payment. He borrowed the $ from my mom!!! to buy my engagement ring and has only made 3 payments to her, and he hasn't contributed to helping buy ONE christmas gift this year!! And to top it off!! I had just put another $1,030 on my bank card for him yesterday to help him pay for his schooling until his reserve military $ came in.  SOOO on top of all this- we got into a disagreement over the weekend and he got mad and slammed his hand down on his new phone (which he did not take the FREE phone as I would have - he paid $130 about 2 months ago) so now he needed a new phone- I had a 6 month old blackberry that he could have taken down to us cellular and activated at NO COST & I told him we really needed to do the cheapest when I saw him browsing new phones online- he got upset on Sunday when I said this but he said he knew I was right.(im getting to my point! sorry!) So yesterday I hadn't heard from him all day and at 5:30 in the evening he calls me and had just left US Cellular and instead of activating blackberry we already had he bought a $180 phone!! I instantly got upset and he refused to talk to me about it- he just kept saying we will talk later, talk later, bla! and he had to be at work at 6pm so it didn't get resolved. I told him he had betrayed what we talked about on Sunday and he told me this morning that he only told me that to keep me happy bc he didn't want to argue and that I needed to compromise on things and what a good deal he got. I told him there is no good deal if you are buying things that aren't a need but a want when you can t even pay back your current obligations.   All of his is on top of me finding out two years ago that he hadn't DONE his taxes for like two or three years straight!!!!   I point blank asked him this monring before I left for work if he was returning the phone or not today? he said "no." I told him that this was the last straw and that I was finished. I told him I didn't want him there when I got home and he wasn't welcome to stay the night there anymore that he needed to find his own place and that I would find someone with the same financial goals and someone that would have enough respect for me to respect what we talk about and not just give an anwser bc they think it is what I want to hear or to prevent a disagreement. What do you guys think?????????????????
    Posted by emilysmiths[/QUOTE]

I think you're marrying my ex-husband. Does he shave his head?

Oh, no wait - you said military money - that means he had some gumption at one point. Never mind.

Money is one of the biggest reasons couples split up. You two need to get on the same page financially before walking down the aisle. Try a debt or a financial counselor, and see if showing him minimum payments vs. double payments, etc. will take time-wise (some credit cards are showing this now).
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Thanks Pink. He's hilarious. He gives me that look when I piss him off or call him bad.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards