New York-New York City
Options

rehearsal dinner location ideas?

hello  - i'm an out of town bride trying to plan our NYC wedding so thank you to all of the new york knotties for your suggestions, so far these boards have been EXTREMELY helpful.

we're trying to figure out where to have our rehearsal dinner.  we will probably have about 30 people, would like somewhere reasonably priced but good atmosphere.  casual is fine, really my only stipulation is that it not be too loud as i want to be able to talk to everyone and hear each other.  we'll be staying in Midtown so that would be my first choice but it certainly doesn't have to be there.  i would be open to brooklyn or anywhere else for that matter.

also, if it could be somewhere that the rest of the out of town guests could meet us after for drinks, or if there is another casual bar/pub that you can suggest nearby, that would be idea.

thoughts?  thanks in advance!
Visit The Knot!

Re: rehearsal dinner location ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfredo's near Rock Center has a nice downstairs area which would be great for a rehearsal dinner.  We looked at it.  Everyone was super nice and I really liked the food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had ours at the Press Box (an Irish Pub on 49th and 2nd) Great private upstairs space.  And bar downstairs-you might even be able to convert to a cash bar upstairs at a certain time.  Good prices, great food and fun!  and, as you're upstairs, not too loud.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

There is a place called The Glass House Tavern you should check out in Midtown West.  I have eaten there a few times and the food and service are good.  Its got good decor and there is a cool room with a fireplace on the 2nd floor for private parties.

As for a bar where everyone can meet for drinks Blue Fin in the W Hotel is always good...very cool space and right in the middle of Times Square which is good for the out of town guests.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks to all!  since we will have guests in town for a few days for our wedding, i'm going to check out the places you mentioned and will most likely end up using a few of them over the course of the weekend!
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try SPQR on Mulberry in Little Italy- we loved having ours there!
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards