Wedding Etiquette Forum

Poll:

I'm sick of my 30 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes of treadmill routine. So, any ideas would be appreciated!Favorite workout at the gym?Favorite way to mix things up?Favorite workout songs?

Re: Poll:

• I do not workout at the gym. I switch between Wii Fit and Wii Active Whatever song is playing on the Wii. Sorry I'm not much help.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    [b]Favorite workout at the gym?[/b] I prefer using an elliptical over running on a treadmill because I have bad knees, hips. My gym has 4 different kinds of elliptical machines, so I mix it up depending on the day. [b]Favorite way to mix things up?[/b] Yoga and spin class. [b]Favorite workout songs?[/b] Normally when I'm doing cardio, I watch the news.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Favorite workout at the gym? [b]22 minutes bike, 22 minutes treadmill, 5 sets of crunches, some stretching on a ball.[/b] Favorite way to mix things up? [b]Work out outside in the summer, I jog along the river when it's nice. I also like to skip the gym altogether and do laps in a pool on occasion - when the weather's nice... which has been never this summer.[/b] Favorite workout songs? [b]There are way too many to count, but Britney and Lady Gaga are always on that list ;)[/b]
  • I do the lifefitness eliptical for 45 minutes, and then 15 minutes on the stairmaster if I can still stand. Best way to mix things up?  I try to do 30 minutes of cardio, then 30 minutes of weights, and then a little more cardio when I really need to kick it up. Favorite current workout music - Black Eyed Peas newest album....GREAT beats on it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I went to the gym I had a trainer.  My favorite workout ever (don't tell her this, because then she'll just torture everyone with it) was the day we went out to the river valley and ran stairs.  Serious stairs.  I ran stairs for 45 minutes.  I thought I would die.I don't have a gym membership or trainer anymore, but I do have a wii fit (no, I didn't stay at a holiday inn last night so take this with a grain of salt) and wii Active.  I'm loving the Wii Active because it is hard work.  I tend to switch things up by going for a walk, switching from Wii Active to Wii Fit and doing stuff around the house like building fence, deck and painting stuff.Ummm, I've got nothing.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Favorite workout:Spin and latin impact class (zumba)Mix it up: Go for a run along the lakeshoreSongs:Anything with lyrics that I know - usually bad 80s songs.
  • I do different things every day.  I love kickboxing and spin classes and do a lot of heavy weightlifting as well.  If you're only doing elliptical and cardio at the gym, you're doing yourself a huge disservice--weightlifting has incredible benefits.I just set out never to do the same thing two days in a row at the gym.  Classes help.I love the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack and Jillian Michaels' podcast and the Savage Love podcast.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I Jazzercise.  Yeah, it sounds goofy, but some of those routines tear you up.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• I have nothing to add but I am glad you posted this because I have wondered the same thing.  Usually I try to do as much outside just for a change of scenery. 
  • Favorite workout at the gym?I like classes - there's a hip hop class offered at my gym and it is really fun.  Favorite way to mix things up?I like to shake it up by doing Couch to 5k - it is challenging week-to-week and changes things up a bit.Favorite workout songs?Anything with a good upbeat tempo, I listen to hip hop mostly, because that's what the gym plays.  I particulary like, David Banner's, "Run, Girl..."  When I'm on the treadmill, it definitely getts me moving.
  • I'm not much help I either run on the beach or ride my bike on the boardwalk in summer, in winter I powerwalk on the boardwalk.  I can't do the treadmill I get very dizzy and have fallen more than once. 
  • I can't do the treadmill I get very dizzy and have fallen more than once. This is funny.
  • I should have video taped it.  I won't get on again the last time I fell I burned my leg pretty bad.
  • Favorite workout: Intervals on the treadmill, high inclines with slower mph, low incline with higher mph. Way to mix things up: I never do the same workout two days in a row. I do cardio a couple days a week, and bootcamp class, an aerobics/sculpting class, and yoga/pilates once each per week. It keeps things from getting boring and from my body getting to used to anything.Workout songs: 80s stuff, chick rock, basically anything fast.
  • I do p90x but when I did go to the gym Favorite workout at the gym? I like spin class. Favorite way to mix things up? I take classes or I get online and learn some new free weight moves. Favorite workout songs? I have a lot but here are a few Smack my B!tch up- Prodigy Dance, Dance- Fall out boy Rough Sex -Lords of Acid Twisted Transistor- Korn Breath- Prodigy Tears Don't Fall- Bullet for my Valentine All these things I hate- Bullet for my Val, Crawling in the Dark- Hoobastank Breaking the Habit- Linkin Park In the End- Linkin Park Faint- Linkin Park
  • (You can mix it up on the elliptical this way: 45 sec sprint, 1 min normal pace, repeat - I got bored then I kept changing my pace and I still get beat up on the elliptical)Favorite workout at the gym?Elliptical + weight lifting. I can't run - bad joints.Favorite way to mix things up?See above plus different machines for liftingFavorite workout songs?Anything hip hop, techno, house, pop
  • workoWoops, my bad.
  • Weird.  I responded to this, now it's gone.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Favorite workout at the gym?I don't use a gym, but I'm tempted to join one just to have access to a pool.Favorite way to mix things up?FI and I are in heavy duty hiking training to prep for our vacation in Sept.  Hiking with weighted backpacks 3 days per week.  bike riding 1 day per week.  Stairs 1 day per week.  i supplement with some crunches and short Tae-bo DVD's.  In the winters I rotate through about 8 Tae-bo DVD's.Favorite workout songs?I have a few playlists with some high energy stuff, but it runs from "Cecelia" to Metallica, to country.. anything with a fast tempo can get thown into the mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards