Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

if your comfortable sharing...

what's your budget? (excluding HM)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if your comfortable sharing...

• Options
    We don't have a budget per se but it is looking like it will come in around $30-35K.  I still don't get why anyone is uncomfortable sharing their budget.  We are all strangers on the interwebs after all.
  • Options
    Ours is $20k. Closer to $24k maybe $25k if we have an open bar (I'm finally starting to win that battle).
  • Options
    Why would you like to know? Are you trying to set a budget?
  • Options
    2nd part of the question- whos paying?
  • Options
    Our budget was 15k.  We went over.  It sucks, but we did.  We paid a little more than 1/3 of our end result, my dad and his wife a little less than 1/3 and ILs 1/3.  Everyone was incredibly happy with that. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Budget - $7,000-8,000 FI and I are paying for everything as of now, his parents will probably end up helping a bit but I'm planning it as though they aren't- I'm a proud person.
  • Options
    Well I have really started to realize ours is small.. very small..9-10,000... but I still feel like it will be very nice. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this type of budget and how its going/went.
  • Options
    Ours is about 20K. Not totally sure, Mom's plan was "try to be as inexpensive, but still nice, as possible".Parents are paying probably 3/4s of it, me the other 1/4. FI's parents are paying for RD and honeymoon.
  • Options
    We came in just over 20k.  My parents paid for about half, and the rest was split between DH & I, and DH's parents.
  • Options
    Not sure exactly what it's gonna cost when we're all said and done, but definitely under $10,000.  Probably closer to 7 or 8. 
  • Options
    9-10,000 isn't small! I'm planning for a beachfront ceremony and reception with an open bar for 7-8,000! It's all about how you spend the money.
  • Options
    Depending on where you are 9-10k isn't that small...

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    btw- 10 k possibly includes hmndzenowski- we're paying too.. except my moms amazingly buying my dress, and his parents may help out later on. Do you feel like your cutting anything out (I feel like I will lack flowers). How many people are you inviting?
  • Options
    $5,000My father put up $2000.I put up $2000.FI put up $1000 + the HM
  • Options
    14k - my parents are giving us 5k and my mom paid for my dress. Once we decided to do something small we didn't really set a budget we just figured out what we wanted to do and added up all the costs. Not the best approach, but whatever.
  • Options
    My mom and step-dad gave us $8,000 (plus some, my mom went nuts with my dress :) I'm not complainin' though...), my father, fi's mother, and my aunt each gave us $1,000. The rest is being paid by us.My father was going to give us more I think but he ended up loaning me some money because I was in a tight spot work-wise.
  • Options
    Oh! And our cake is a gift from my brother-in-law.
  • Options
    My family (my mom, her parents, and my brother) are paying for the majority.  FI and I are hoping to cover as much as we can (hopefully all of the vendors outside of the venue) but he has been out of work since November so money is tight for us right now.  His parents are paying for (at least part of) the RD.
  • Options
    Not quite sure what the budget will be - still working on that.  But -- we're paying for it ourselves.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Missed the second party of your question.  FI and I are paying for about a third, my parents are paying for most of the rest.  FI's parents have offered to pay for the rehearsal dinner, flowers, and the DJ.
  • Options
    Well i love the reassurance:). I am from Maine... not sure how that effects it.. probably a little on the less expensive side. ps-the last post wasnt suppose to be bold. oops!
  • Options
    I haven't totaled it up, but it's prob around 18k.  Def under 20k.My parents gave us 10, which basically paid for the reception, DH's parents gave us 1k and hosted the RD.  It was pretty average for my area.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Right now the tangible number for the things I am able to calculate it's around 18k. That however does NOT include our rehearsal dinner, our rings, our alcohol, BP gifts...or all of the other random stuff I pick up along the way. I guess in the end it will probably be just over 20k. My family gave us 15k (plus my mom bought my dress.) Everything over that we are covering ourselves.
  • Options
    BTW, have you checked out the budget board? You could get some good ideas over there and A LOT of girls will be below your budget. Depending on your area, you can definitely do a nice wedding for that amount.
  • Options
    briefly checked the budget board.. but I think I'll head over right now:) thanks everyone.
  • Options
    $6500 - we paid for most of it - parents contributed small amounts if they wanted to (MIL paid for flowers, dad paid for venue rental)
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    $20K... went a bit over due to guestlist issues ("but they HAVE to be invited")... excluded our honeymoon which we haven't taken yet. Original idea was a DW with a budget around $5K-7K, but the parentals wanted a regular wedding and reception and we gave in (cringe). With a DW we were footing the whole bill, including paying for our parents/ siblings. When we agreed on doing a bigger wedding, we split it in 3rds... us, my parents, and his parents.
  • Options
    $10,000 and we're coming in right under budget! $9,800 with 2 months to go, and just about everything either already paid for or budgeted for. With an open bar. Aw yeah.
  • Options
    In the end, it cost about $20k. We paid 75%, my parents paid 25%. MIL took care of the RD.
  • Options
    We're paying for all of it. We're going to come in around 5-6k for about 80 guests.I think I got a really good deal on everything. We got the hall, which includes 1 hour of apps, 3 hour buffet, 1 hour dessert display, wedding cake and 5 hour open bar for $40 per person.The best man's aunt is doing our flowers for $200 (really) and his father is a photographer who will be doing our pictures for free. He's basically going to give us the film after the reception and we can do whatever we want with it. We're planning to get him a gift certificate for like $200 to his favorite camera shop.The dress I have my eye on is actually a bridesmaid dress and it's only $150 (woot!!)I'm doing the invitations, centerpieces and favors myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards