Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

if your comfortable sharing...

1235»

Re: if your comfortable sharing...

• Options
    Our wedding is just about 5 weeks away and we are still on our $30,000 budget. This does not include honeymoon or dress and accessories (parents bought dress, etc). My parents gave us about $12,000 and we are paying the rest. My fiances parents are paying for rehearsal dinner. This is for about 175-185 people for a full sit down dinner at a country club with open bar. (The venue was 2/3 of our budget).
    BFP#1 12/10/10, EDD 8/16/11 Missed MC found 1/4/11, D&E 1/7/11 First AF after MC 5/7/11 - 120 days! Starting our TTC journey again... PgAL/PAL Welcome
  • Options
    My parents gave me 10,000. Which was a HUGE and very meaningful gift from them. They are expecting me to have honeymoon money left over too (oops).  I feel like I am on a tight budget, but that is only because we had a huge guest list will have about 350 people there. I think your 9-10k is totally doable. You can have an awesome wedding for that price. My wedding is next Saturday and I am doing ok with mine although I will admit I have spent a little each paycheck out of my own pocket. Also alot of people are doing favors. Don't be afraid to ask people for help most seem to love it.  Here's a rough breakdown of what I've bought with the 10K:Dress: $550Shoes and accessories: approx $250Photographer: $1600DJ: $1000 Rental Fee for Chairs and tables, linens: $1500(were getting married at his parents house)Food: $4000 Flowers: $600cake: $200His parents are supplying: Alcohol approx $1000 (were just have kegs, wine and champange)His Tux $120Rehersal Dinner food ?
  • Options
    My mom and step-dad gave us $15k, my dad and step-mom gave us $15k, anything above that we will pay for. We are getting married in Scottsdale, AZ which is a pretty pricey area. Our venue (ceremony site, food and beverage) will be about $20k for 120 people. I am thinking that after all is said and done it will be about $35k for the wedding and another $5k for the honeymoon, so FI and I will cover that extra $10k over what my parents are giving us.
  • Options
    Our budget is $20k, and the wedding is in 9 days and I believe that we will come in just under...yay!  FI's parents gave us $5k and we are paying for the rest (my parents picked up a couple of random things, maybe $1k worth).
  • Options
    My Fiance and I are paying for it. The budget is 5K; 8 months to go and we are still under.  HM- my parents are paying for and his parents are hosting the rehearsal dinner. My grandma is paying for my dress and my MOHs' dresses. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think this is a great thread!Budget is $12,000 for 200 people in MN. I think I will be able to cut it to under $10,000.FIL contributing $5,000. FI's Dad is in a band, friend is photographer, I'm doing all of the bouquets, centerpieces, etc. for $400 and venue gave us a great deal on open bar. My parents covering RD. Hard to put a price on your wedding day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards