Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Seeking advice

I posted this on my local board but since this is an etiquette board I wanted to seek your advice. Thanks in advance.   This is my first wedding, FI's second. He had a shower with his first wedding. My aunt is hosting one for me this coming weekend. We were unsure if we should invite his family since they attended his first so we ran this by his mom who thought we should. So we invited her, her sisters, and his dad’s sisters. About 10 people, close immediate family only.   Now the RSVP date has come and gone, no one has replied or said anything either way. We are now concerned we have offended people - - FI thinks that maybe its because they already went to his first.What is the etiquette on this? Should we have not invited them?

Re: Seeking advice

• Options
    His first wedding has nothing to do with your wedding.  That shower was for a different person entirely.  I don't think his family was offended, I think they probably just suck as rsvp-ing.  People are terrible at rsvp-ing in general.  Whoever is hosting the shower just needs to call anyone who didn't rsvp and ask if they are planning to attend.  You'll probably run into the same thing when you send out wedding invitations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto dani.  I'd just assume they suck at sending back RSVP's.  I'd just call them to see if they are attending or not, and enjoy your shower!
  • Options
    Ditto what Dani said. Don't worry about it...if they were really offended, I would think they would have made it a point to RSVP "no." But, plan on some extra time between the RSVP date for your wedding and the day you actually need to know numbers. It looks like you will be calling a lot of people to find out if they're coming to the wedding.
  • Options
    Yes, you should have invited them.  Sounds like they are the suck at RSVPing.  Not uncommon.I don't understand why this would have anything to do with this being his second marriage.  You are totally overthinking stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards