Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who can I blame for not sharing?

Re: Who can I blame for not sharing?

• Cs- The first time I went I went with my BFF and her BF so It was amazing then the next time was for T's moms wedding and my friend went with us so that was a blast too...I think w/ friends is better.gg- I'm not huge into partying but I always find vegas to be a blast..
  • Yes, I often had martinis with lunch. And if I went back I'd go ahead and start breakfast with Bellinis/ Mimosas..
  • I'm looking into going to Vegas for Christmas. Through expedia.com for 4 nights at the Luxor and airfare its $407 per person.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I noticed that E. But Anna's lovely picture is still there. Interesting.Nova - When we went on our HM to the Bahamas, we stayed at an all-inclusive resort. I had maybe 2 drinks the entire 6 days we were there, whereas DH was drunk everyday. I dunno what it is but alcohol doesn't appeal to me unless it tastes good, so I was just drinking virgin drinks the entire time. Maybe one day I'll become more fun. :)
  • Wth was the question at the end about what time is it in New York City.  Was she trying to test you?  I think I want to dress up as a vag for Halloween.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Go for it, Sascha. Then make it your new sig pic!
  • Hey CS....I saw your post about the guy on the plane.  Ooooooooohhhhhh!!!!!  What department is he in?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cs- Yea, I remember drinking a keylime martini at 11:30 am...Good stuff.gg- I prefer the sweet drinks like Chocolate martinis, baileys, kahlua, etc...
  • Since I'm not real then of course the not real me is not in NY.  She needed to confirm the time that I'm not really here.  You can figure out the brillo comment hopefully. 
  • Roxy - I love me some strawberry daiquiris. I could drink those all day. Problem is I get brain freeze before I get drunk! I love pina coladas too..mmm. I tried a chocolatini (or something) once and it had way way too much alcohol in it! Good thing I have DH around to finish my drinks for me so I don't feel like I'm such a wasteful person!E - I read what you posted the other day in the "I judge" post. I have NO IDEA how to order a drink. No idea. I usually say "Make me something with strawberry whatever." My friends are pros and always know what to order, and I am always so lost.
  • That carebear chick is definitely on my hit list. It was like she got all pissed off because I wasn't agreeing with her, or wasn't taking her bait, or whatever and then decided to be a douche and go after E. I have no idea what she was thinking,
  • You need to decide on your three go to drinks- your light drink, your party drink(that you will not ask for fruit unless you are asking for Citron vodka), and your vacation drink. 
  • Next time I go to vegas im staying at THE hotel at The Mandalay Bay. THE lounge there makes the best chocolate martinis (gg- not too strong tasting..more like amazing chocolate milk).
  • I dunno E, my drinks choices are always either Chocoltate martini or White russian...
  • I will totally make a vag Halloween siggy pic!!! Haha!E, that is what I thought she was trying to say.  What an IDIOT.  Like if you weren't real you wouldn't be able to figure out what time it was in NY.  It is so complicated, this time zone stuff.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hmm, not sure what would constitute a light drink. Cosmo? I really have no idea.Party drink - I like vodka tonics, but only with 2 limes. 1 isn't enough. See? I need fruit of some sort.Vacation - Strawberry daiq/Pina colada
  • Those are two easy and not annoying drinks, Roxy.  You have it GG and limes are not fruit.  Unless you want eyeroll, don't order a cosmo. 
  • What's wrong with a cosmo? Stereotypical?
  • Cosmos are not that light.  And if you order a martini in a crowded bar, order it on the rocks, so it doesn't spill.  I can barely hold a martini normally so I always spill it in a crowd, or i I am buzzed.  My light drink is a pinot grigio, or a beer.  I think mojitos are kind of light, but many bars don't make them and bartenders HATE them.  Time consuming.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Very, just get a vodka cranberry. 
  • My favorite drinks are Midori Sour, any kind of Margarita and a ASF.
  • You can get away with cosmos in Vegas, but I would not order one in New York.  Cosmos in NY is like Ed Hardy in Vegas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sasha knows from experience, she is right.  You have no idea how many times some airhead dumped out their whole drink before leaving the bar. 
  • See, I don't like vodka cranberries much or wine or beer either. I guess I'd rather be stereotypical than waste my money on a drink I won't drink. Bartenders aren't gonna spit in my cosmo, are they? Haha.
  • GG...cosmos are actually vodka, cran, triple sec or cointreau, and lime juice.  So they are pretty close.  But I actually prefer cosmos to vodka cran because I hate strong cranberry juice, and the cosmo mutes it somehow.  I like my vodka with soda or on the rocks.You can do a cosmo...just not in NY:)And E...I do know of what I speak.  That is why I try to only drink clear drinks as most of them end up on my clothes, haha. Oh, and I HATE when people spill drinks on my shoes!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sascha - I think it's the lime juice that does it for me. With a vodka cran, I can taste the vodka whereas with a cosmo there's other things to offset the taste. In CT, cosmos seem okay to order, but I can imagine that things might be different in NYC!
  • Oh, and I can't tell you how many times I have had beer spilled down my shirt. One time it got into my pants and I was so pissed for the rest of the night! My Uggs have a permanent beer stain on them too from my college days. Never wore them for beer pong after that!
  • I don't mind the vodka...I hate the cran.  Limes definitely cut the vodka taste.  You know what a really good martini is, if you come across it?  Pear martini with pear puree.  Yummmmmmmm.  There is a pear vodka too.  Grey Goose I think.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Now that sounds really good! I'll have to keep that in mind, thanks!
  • Absolut makes a Pear vodka as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards