Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Couples Party

2»

Re: Couples Party

• Options
    Same-sex couple is a totally legitimate reason to choose NYC over NOLA.  In that case, if I were you I would cut the NYC wedding down as far as you possibly can (as in, just parents and siblings), then let everyone know that the main festivities will be in NOLA.  Especially given the legal reasons, I'm sure your families will understand.Or, you could just elope to CT.  I know of a lot of same-sex couples that get married in a state where it's legal and then get weddinged back home.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    75 could be small and intimate - it depends on what you/your family/ in your location is considered large. I think 75 is very small and intimate Wedding where I'm from are easily 400 + I think the pre-party is more like and engagement party vs a reception per se. I think you should consider throwing one party. But if you really want the two parties, definitely go for it But I do not think throwing two parties is gift grabby like others have said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards