Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My first Ikea experience

I went to Ikea yesterday with my brother and his gf.  I knew they had cheap furniture and housewares, but I had no idea that they had 2 restaurants, a show room that takes up a whole floor, an open warehouse, Swedish food, and frozen yogurt as you leave.  I got a child's plate of Swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes and gravy, some lingdonberry (sp?) drink, and a almond torte for $4.  The adult plate was only $5 but it was 3 times larger and my stomach hurt just looking at it.  The balls were pretty tasty though.  (THATS WHAT SHE SAID)

Re: My first Ikea experience

• Options
    Did you go to the one in Charlotte? I loved my first Ikea experince. I'd like to go back on a weekday because it was so crowded when I went.
  • Options
    I WANT AN IKEA IN ST LOUIS RIGHT NOW.  I'm actually stomping my feet. Is there someone I can call to suggest a new store location?
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I love Ikea.....I don't have one close to me anymore, I think the closest is in IL.
  • Options
    i LOVE idea.their stuff holds up pretty good too!my husband is addicted to the swedish meatballs.. i had them for the first time a couple weeks ago and they are pretty tasty i agree :)
  • Options
    haha i've never actually tried their food. my favorite part is they have a section on the wall where you can just go take extra screws and bolts that were originally missing from your furniture no questions asked. that's how often their furnitures is missing pieces.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lol.. IKEA, not idea.
  • Options
    In NY, we have a ferry that goes from Manhattan to Ikea.  I buy their storage boxes- damask flowers with black tops. 
  • Options
    They're finally opening an Ikea in Colorado and I can't wait to go!  I think it's still about 2 years away, though :( 
  • Options
    Well hello there, fellow Carolinian.  I like you more and more each day.Yes, I did!  It's been open for months but after I lost my job I promised I wouldn't go until I was employed again.  I broke the promise but didn't buy anything and my bro paid for lunch, so I think it was ok.Yeah, way glad we went on a weekday.  It was still fairly crowded, I can't imagine it on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Options
    ikea = LOVEMy FMIL got me a 200$ giftcard to them as a graduation gift from college. She knows how addict I am to that place. It was THE sweetest thing ever. <3
  • Options
    I <3 Ikea.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I love Ikea.  There is one about 5 minutes from me. Besides having great stuff, they have a program in the afternoon where they have higher functioning students with disabilities in to work.  They gain some very valuable work experience.  I worked with this program for a year when I was doing job placement for special education students.  They were great to our kids!
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    I love Ikea, but never tried their food (dying to try the frozen yogurt). Ditto on going there during the week, there is no parking on the weekend at the one near me. We got a few furniture pieces from them a couple of weeks ago and it's great (as long as you know how to put crap together). The kids furniture and play areas are the most fun, but I love the room example spaces there, but they need a better way to find stuff that's online and in the catalog.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I bought a bunch of votives for the wedding from Ikea. Love the prices.
  • Options
     but didn't buy anything and my bro paid for lunch, so I think it was ok.I'm impressed. I could not have done this.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was tempted several times, but I want to get Mr. Heel's opinion first.  His family is in furniture so surprisingly enough, some of that stuff I can get even cheaper (i.e., free).
  • Options
    And ditto on the kids stuff.  I ran off ahead of my brother so he wouldn't see me eying the baby stuff and start asking questions.  Not planning on TTC anytime soon, but it's never early to start getting ideas!
  • Options
    Our entire living space is thanks to either Ikea or the BX.I have had one item from Ikea in storage for months and months, still in the box, waiting for the day when I finally have enough space to break out my bright red table shaped like a peanut.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    We've got three around us. I love Ikea. If we're ever bored on a weekend and there's nothing going on, we go to Ikea. It's great.
  • Options
    It's only downhill from there.  It's a nightmare when you just want one or two things.  You HAVE to wander around following the arrows moving with traffic until, just until you get to the Marketplace.  Then you notice all this really inexpensive...junk that youjusthavetohave NOW!!!  Now, that you have your junk, you have to wander over to the checkout that's right through a warehouse.  You have to pay for bags (okay 5cents, who cares) and then somehow make it to your car.The only reward: the ice cream cone. I love Ikea, but mostly avoid it unless I've been smoking crack the night before.
  • Options
    TJ - what is the BX?
  • Options
    Sorry, Base Exchange. Like an on base Wal Mart, sort of, except tax free.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Sadly enough almost all of our furniture (minus our sofas and bed) are from ikea. Even our computer chairs are from there. I love it. I now have a craving for sweedish meatballs. I love theirs, so tasty! I live 20 minutes from one and I need to go soon anyways for christmas gifts so maybe ill just go sooner!
  • Options
    I'm actually thinking about getting some side tables from Ikea for my lounge area - at 12 bucks each it will be cheaper to buy than rent, and I can resell them afterwards in Craigslist.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I got my bedside tables from there for $20 a piece. I felt like I had won the lottery. I just knew they'd be  biitch to put together, but they weren't.
  • Options
    Nugget - I had a bunch of those Lack side tables. They're pretty sturdy and very cute. They were about $10 at the time so I think I tossed them when I moved. Good idea.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Our furniture isn't from Ikea but little items, decorating stuff and, of course, bookshelves are. I love me some Billy bookshelves. Most of our furniture is PB or Structube.
  • Options
    We always get hot dogs when we go.  I have never eaten in their restaurant.  I heard the breakfast is awesome.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    The one dollar breakfast is fantastic Mandy.
  • Options
    Who in their right mind DOESNT love billy bookcases?! We have 4, and I want more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards