Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My first Ikea experience

2»

Re: My first Ikea experience

• Options
    I have 5 tall wide ones, one tall skinny one and two half-height ones. I'm a book whore. And two with those frosted glass flower doors for dvd's in the living room.
  • Options
    I know some of you might remember but Ikea saved my wedding- I ordered and planned the decor for our wedding months ahead since we had a DW.  The venue coordinator screwed up our order.  I went to Ikea a week before the wedding and bought pewter fabric, plum fabric, and black fabric.  We made all our napkins, runners, and table cloths in a week.  I also bought a lot of candles for the last minute candelabra rental and tea lights and holders for all over the venue. 
  • Options
    Welcome to my apartment during college:Shelving unit (used as a closet previously) [img]<a href="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/485052111_bf06ebbe75.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/200/485052111_bf06ebbe75.jpg</a>[/img]Seating & table[img]<a href="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/485017444_9228395ebe.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/188/485017444_9228395ebe.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    Our whole house used to be ikea.  But we've slowly weeded things out.  I am getting new kitchen chairs but keeping the actually table.  Glass top.  Never doing that again.  Can't wait til we can get rid of it.Our TV stand and coffee table are from there as well.And yup we've got 3 billy bookcases. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Winnipeg is getting Ikea in 2013. Now I'll have one only 4 hours away! I can't wait. We go to Ikea every time we go to Minneapolis. Mark usually gets annoyed 1/2 way through the store though.
  • Options
    I love Ikea... I am slightly scared of their food though. I agree with the poster that said buying a table there feels like winning the lottery.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Heels, you tell me when you are ready to go back. I'll happily go with you! My girls love the meatballs. You can buy them frozen, with the gravy mix and the lingonberry sauce. SO GOOD. Chloe's closet, my kitchen table and my desk are from there. $600 for all of that. You can't beat it!
  • Options
    We had klippan couches in college too! 
  • Options
    Ive wanted the glass doors for the bookcases for so long but my husband says theyre a waste of money. I cant wait for the new catalog to come (I realize I can see it all online, but I love tagging pages in the magazine for christmas).
  • Options
    They already have the catalogues in the stores. I picked one up in Burlington a couple of weeks ago with my mom.
  • Options
    (where I was, ironically enough, buying another Billy bookcase)
  • Options
    Will do, Bec!  I just got a call back for a 2nd interview with a firm so I may be gainfully employed (read: have disposable income) soon!Nugget, some of the $12 tables are now marked down to $7.  I really really really could have used an Ikea in college and while outfitting my first apartment.  I spent way too much on furniture that only got used for 2 years and then got sold at our post wedding garage sale.
  • Options
    Yeah, E, those couches have been with me for a long time. One of our vendors even rented them to us for the wedding. Had I known that was what they were using, I would have rented a uhaul and taken my own.[img]<a href="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/3716709930_51c1c49797.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2675/3716709930_51c1c49797.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    I lusted after Klippan couches in college, but I lived in an attic and had to way to work them up the stairs.Now I have a Noresund bed and a peanut table and a billy bookcase in storage. Buddy has some ikea dresser and I have a bright blog Robin dresser in our bedroom. I think I have an Ikea table stand in storage, and couple weeks ago, we bought these awesome shelves for the office. I think they're supposed to be kitchen shelves. Who cares. I know ikea is supposedly "collegey" stuff but it's so cute and so cheap I don't see how people can resist.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I could probably just drive out to burlington to get mine too, but knowing me I will end up shopping and come home with some shelves or a lamp or something. Its safer if I just wait for it to arrive in the mail.
  • Options
    Congrats on the 2nd interview! Is it local? I'll gladly trek on down to IKEA and help you spend your money. Just say the word!
  • Options
    I know ikea is supposedly "collegey" stuff but it's so cute and so cheap I don't see how people can resist.Exactly. $200 couches that have lasted me through 4 years and three moves thus far.
  • Options
    Our venues looked so much alike, it is so funny.  I tried to pull the site but I can't find it.  We had white couches outside in the garden and in the lounge. 
  • Options
    Jealous. They built the one in Tempe just as I was leaving Phoenix, so I only got to go a couple of times. I haven't the faintest where the closest one to me is now...probably Denver or Chicago. Maybe I'll go visit gkb and we can take a trip to Ikea! :)
  • Options
    Congrats on the 2nd interview! Is it local?Yep!  'Bout a 3 mile drive from my house. 
  • Options
    We'll sometimes go to Ikea just for lunch or dinner.  It's cheap food and really good.Most of our apartment is Ikea.  Bed, couch, desk, coffee table, and probably dining table when we get one.  It's great to have furniture that we can take home with FI's little sedan just by strapping it to the top.Last time we were there, FI picked up a French press.  I was juggling a few too many things on our way out of the store, I dropped it and it shattered.  I figured since we'd already paid, we were SOL and we were just going to let it go.  Nope, they ran and got us a replacement.  Very classy of them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Love IKEA! We are supposed to being going soon cause I need a dresser for FI's place. Right now I just have a drawer in his and it's getting full... The only thing that we bought that didn't last long was a coffee table. One of the legs broke off and now you can't move it without the leg falling off again...oops!
    Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards