Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Short Hair Brides: help!

I have a trim and my first hair trail tomorrow evening. I want a 1920s fingerwave look, or tousled curly bobbish look with a headband. I think I'm going to find an old rhinestone choker to tie together with ribbon at the back of my head. I'm going to post a couple of pics, and ask you to as well of haircuts/styles you are thinking about with your short hair. Do you mind? (you with long hair can too, if you're super bored.)

Re: Short Hair Brides: help!

• Options
    Personally, I thought that Kate Gosselin looked beautiful on The View today. Her hair was great. [IMG]<a href="http://i32.tinypic.com/9qd502.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i32.tinypic.com/9qd502.jpg</a>[/IMG]
  • Options
    Mine will look like this, but instead of that weird spider thing, I will have a veil. [img]<a href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__rztMJjnNlg/SoTKWShG6_I/AAAAAAAAFM8/6tuv49aJLeA/s400/g3.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__rztMJjnNlg/SoTKWShG6_I/AAAAAAAAFM8/6tuv49aJLeA/s400/g3.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    Those are adorable Bec, and you can pull it off. My hair's so short, and I was an idiot enough to drag my feet and get my hair cut AND colored Saturday - as in, 1 week before my wedding. I've got borderline pixie hair (just with a little longer bangs). I'm thinking of poaching some of cew's pics for Saturday's appointment - shhh... don't tell her. :) I've got a small comb and veil for my hair. I wanted something like a chin length veil, and I'm still not sure I'm not going to be chopping some of that length off.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    OK, cew, I'm totally poaching.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I like this one too:[img]<a href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g4yojJjPGi4/Se6brG3LzsI/AAAAAAAAAjo/07htBSAvTC4/s400/bridalhair2short.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_g4yojJjPGi4/Se6brG3LzsI/AAAAAAAAAjo/07htBSAvTC4/s400/bridalhair2short.jpg</a>[/img]
  • Options
    I am so jealous of you short-haired biitches.  I am growing mine out now and it is a PITA. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    My veil is birdcage too, Missy. Like Drew B's pic above. I want to attach it somehow so that I can remove it and leave the headband. I'm leaning towards my bottom pic or Cew's PIP. I love Kate's hair now too though. Thanks GOD she got rid of that mess in the back.
  • Options
    I love that last pic, Cew! I'm going to have a ton to take to her. Thanks so much! Brie, you can cut it! Go for it!
  • Options
    Thanks GOD she got rid of that mess in the back.Yes. I hated her for just that reason and no other.
  • Options
    The porcupine look was not flattering. At all.
  • Options
    Brie, you can cut it! Go for it!I want to, but I know I want to have my hair up for the wedding.  I usually wear it a little past chin-length, so it's not really a cute length for wedding 'dos.Seriously, though, the minute we get home from the wedding I'm chopping that shiiit off.  FI will be sad, he loves me with long hair.  I just feel like a mop.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a pointy chin, so if my hair gets past chin length I look droopy-faced. I hate it! Thankfully, FI loves my short hair. Mostly because it was in a pixie cut when we met eons ago.
  • Options
    I'm printing this whole post before I go to bed. When I made my appointment and it dawned on me that this gal's never done my color, I was ready to book a ticket back to NC for a weekend to see my former stylist. My only "soother" is that it's an Aveda salon, so I feel a little less apprehensive. She's cut it once before. I DO have Claire's formula (from NC); she wrote it down for me. I happened to see it in my wallet. Egad.
  • Options
    FI keeps asking me to grow mine out. I really did try, but I just can't stand it anymore. I'm chopping it off on Thursday.
  • Options
    My Ex asked me to grow mine out, and I got it down past my bra strap. It was the most miserable I've ever been. When he sulked for over a week when I cut it all off and donated it to locks of love is when I should have known he was a douche and dropped him like hair trimmings on the floor of a salon.
  • Options
    I don't so much mind my hair long, it's the GETTING there that drives me nuts.  It's in the awkward phase now where it's just barely past my shoulders and looks like a poofball in this godawful humidity.  Give it another few inches and it'll look fine, but now...not so much.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GETTING there that drives me nutsThis times a billion. I knew when I first cut it all off that I would most likely never let it grow back out just because I wouldn't have the patience to be in those awkward phases. FI and I had a deal, I would let it grow (just into a really short bob) and he would shave his beard into a goatee. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to marry my little Ted Kaczynski. :)
  • Options
    Hah, If FI ever asked me to grow my hair out, I'd pop him one. I love the position of the clip/hairpiece in this one
  • Options
    Bec I'm in love with the 3rd style you posted!
  • Options
    FI's actually pro-short hair. He doesn't want me to grow it out. When we met, I had a chin-length bob I was flat-ironing, and I loved it. I chopped it off, and he loved it. I still wish sometimes I'd grow it back out (it was so shiny....), but FI looks so sad when I talk about it. Then follows it quickly with, "but whatever makes you happy." He did, however, tell me no more boxed color. That was a bad mistake last year. Yeah. Agreed. I'm meant to be a highlighted blonde.
  • Options
    The blonde with the three different headbands? Yeah, I keep coming back to her too. I love her make up as well. I have printed all these out and I'm going to bombard my poor hair stylist tomorrow!
  • Options
    Bec - did I ever tell you that my whole family is from Morganton? That makes you like the meat in a "my family sandwich".
  • Options
    Long hair rules, short hair drools!! :) ::runs from thread::
  • Options
    My dad's family is from Marion! That makes us a double decker meat and cheese family sandwich!
  • Options
    < obligatory Offbeat Bride plug >http://offbeatbride.com/2007/11/short-hairstyles&lt;/ obligatory Offbeat Bride plug >
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    My mom lived in Marion for a while. Maybe we are sisters.
  • Options
    What a teeny, tiny world! I wonder if she knows the Evans Brothers. They're famous. Er, infamous.
  • Options
    I don't think she lived there for long. It's an awful white trash story. Her real dad took the whole family to Florida on "vacation" and left them there never to be heard from again. They made their way back to NC and lived in Marion for a little while before they finally went back to Morganton.
  • Options
    Holy cow! I usually don't claim my dad's side of the family. They make My Name is Earl look like family home videos.
  • Options
    Crazy redneck relatives are the best! They make reunions so worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards