Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

It makes me want to puke.

No on likes to see those overly lovey, super over the top PDA couples out in public, and no one likes hanging out with the girl who is texting or on the phone with her significant other every 20 minutes.However, as careful as Buddy and I are not to let things spill over into the public eye, there are definitely "cute" things we do that are so over the top into cutesy that if we weren't us, I'd puke. I might anyway.So fess up, what ridiculously, over the top, cutesy stuff do you and your fiance or husband do when no one else is looking?
On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
BabyFruit Ticker
Blog

Re: It makes me want to puke.

• Options
    We make kissy face noises at each other.
  • Options
    Sometimes when we are lying in bed, FI will cup my face in his hands, stare into my eyes, and tell me I'm "such a gift." I love when he does that! I just try to give really good windy occupations to show my affection when no one else is looking.
  • Options
    we have super lame voices we talk to eachother in.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If we catch each other's eye across the room, we mouth "Hi, babe." and bat our eyelashes at each other.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    "Guess what I heard today." "What?" "Tida loves MrTiDa (or vice versa)." I'm embarassed just typing it out - lol.
  • Options
    FI tells me he loves me all the time. Even I want to puke about it :) He's definitely the more affectionate one in the relationship. Me, I'm like "what's up, dude?"  
  • Options
    Butterfly kisses.  But it's an inside joke, so...yeah.  That's pretty much it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    To answer my own question:1. We hold hands when were sleeping.2. We text back and forth all. the. time.3. Show affection by pretending to chew on each other's shoulders going "nom nom nom nom nom."
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    We occasionally pinky-wave, make kiss faces and kiss each others neck.  We are never over-the-top about it in public because he is very reserved and always has been.  I love him for that.
  • Options
    We make 'I heart you' hand gestures when no one is looking.
  • Options
    He's now into this phase where he will pinch my butt all the time.  Other than that, we are generally an affectionate couple, we have so many "pet names" that I don't think I've ever called him by his name.  Not usually anyway.
  • Options
    Sometimes when we are in bed he'll kind of examine my face for a while and go "You're so pretty".  Yeah, we aren't really over the top.  We are pretty affectionate in public though, holding hands and giving kisses and I like to touch his face. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Ugh, we're gross, and no one would ever guess it from looking at us (especially him--tattoos, motorcycles, arms the size of my waist, but all business at work).  I guess one of the weirdest things we do is when one of us will kiss the other on the cheek or something, the person who got kissed says "thank you."  But we definitely talk in stupid voices too much, or talk through the cat ("Minka wants to know how work was today"  Vom.), and we have made up words we use too.  Altered, really.  It's gross.  We're disgusting.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    DH and I pretend bite each other's arms, but sometimes he kind of accidentally really bites my arm.  We also call each other weird made up names.
  • Options
    H calls me mama and I call him popper in really over the top cute voices.  It all started when we got our dog.  And he calls me mama when he talks to the pug in a baby voice.  We make me want to puke too! Ew.  Haha!
  • Options
    1. When H gets out of the shower, I will scream "Heinner!" and try to swat his asss. This in turn makes him run away screaming "no! no! no!" 2. When H is really pissy, I sing Disney songs to him complete with arm flailing and interpretive dance. 3. H hardly ever wears sweat pants on lazy days. He immediately puts on his jeans. When he does walk down the stairs in sweats, I jump up and sing "JAMMY JAM!" again with the arm flailing and interpretive dance.
  • Options
    I am puking all over this thread. Srsly.
  • Options
    Why do I have the feeling that Salty and I would get along REALLY well if we were to hang out IRL?
  • Options
    Soon-to-be-Mrs.Vogt - We're the same way. He's definitely the affectionate one, both physically and verbally. Buddy says "You're cute" about 18 times a day, and we joke that the inscription on his wedding band will be "You're All Right," due to this frequent exchange:Him: I looooove you.Me: You're all right.Also, the pet name thing - I don't think I've ever called him Phil. Did you guys even know his name was Phil? I call him Buddy or Boyfriend. He calls me Girlfriend or Baby. We only use each other's names when we're talking to someone else.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Oh, and our names both start with A, so sometimes when we're tired one of us will say "Ay Ay Tie Tie" (translation: "Ashley (or his name) is tired").  It looks weirder written down than actually saying it, though.
  • Options
    Oh I love this thread. It brings a smile to my face.I'm sure we do plenty of annoying things but what first comes to mind is this voice DH does that makes me giggle. It sort of comes out like DH were about 4 years old. It's not sappy it just sounds like a little kid."Wandall, are you gonna clean da cat's witter box?"He can say the grossest or most boring thing ever, but if it is in that voice I die. It has now evolved into "the voice" being used frequently by both of us.
  • Options
    I haven't called Noodle by his real name in 7 years.  Unless I'm pissed at him, then I do.  Otherwise I call him either Monkey or Noodle.  He calls me Nugget or The Nuge. Oh, I forgot about the songs he makes up about my butt. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    Haha, we have a conversation that stemmed from me accidentally saying "I like you" vs "I love you" one time.  Now when he says, "I love you" I respond with "I like you". 
  • Options
    I picture Salt's picture looking up at SaltyPeanut's like "Ugh, WHY do you have to be cool?"

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    When he's in the bathroom with the door shut, I press my lips up against the crack of the door and yell."Hello? HELLO? Are you in there? Hey. Hey. Hey. What's going on? What are you doing in there? It's really quiet. When are you coming out? Hello? Answer me!"But... now that I think about it, that may be more along the lines of "I'm an a$$hole and even I feel sorry for my FI" rather than "aw aren't we cute."
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Instead of waking up to an alarm every morning...I wake up to him kissing my shoulders and snuggling up... I absolutely love it....makes waking up sooo much easier...
  • Options
    This thread is cracking me up.  Comforting to know that I'm not the only one...FI and I will talk in weird voices on the phone too...one time we were talking and he was on the phone with me, and I didn't realize he was pumping gas at the time.  Some guy at the gas station was staring at him like he was insane.  Oh man.  I still tease him about it.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    When he's in the bathroom with the door shut, I press my lips up against the crack of the door and yell."Hello? HELLO? Are you in there? Hey. Hey. Hey. What's going on? What are you doing in there? It's really quiet. When are you coming out? Hello? Answer me!"Ha!  I love it!  I just yell out "Are you pooping???" really loud until he answers me.  Then when he comes out I ask him if his poop went well or not, and if it didn't we discuss it briefly.

• Options
    He talks to me in a baby voice sometimes.  He says in the cutest voice "Caaare" (and then asks me to do something I don't want to do).  One time at the firehouse it slipped out and I was so embarrassed.  We dance a lot even when there is no music playing and we have to be touching to fall asleep.  When one of us is gone for more than 24 hours we hide notes around the house that the other will find throughout our absence.  I kept all of them last time.
  • Options
    Instead of waking up to an alarm every morning...I wake up to him kissing my shoulders and snuggling up... I absolutely love it....makes waking up sooo much easier... Okay, okay. That did make me throw up a little bit in my mouth. I get woken up to DH pushing me out of bed with his knee so I don't hit the snooze button again.  Followed by, "shut the door so the cat doesn't sit on my face."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards