Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Interview Thank You question

So I had a job interview today, and she told me they wanted me back for a second interview, but she'd just have to talk to the supervisors to pick a time.  She said she'd call me tomorrow with a time, probably on Monday or Tuesday.  So do I send a thank you note today, and another one after the second interview?  Even though with the way mail is crappy around here, they'll likely get it the day of my second interview, if not after?  Or just wait and send it after the second?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Interview Thank You question

• Options
    I have always sent my thank yous via email.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Is the second interview with someone different or additional? If so, I'd go ahead and send the TY note to the person that interviewed you today and then send another one to who ever interviews you on Monday or Tuesday.
  • Options
    I think that since they've already expressed their interesest in a follow up interview, you can just send one after the second interview. I could be abosolutley wrong, though, as I've never sent a TY after a job interview - : /
  • Options
    Personally, I would mail one today.At my office, if we invite someone in for a second interview it is usually to meet with the President of the company and that basically means a job offer is coming. So my guess is a TY won't be necessary after the second interview. But that is just based on my experience.Glad that they want you back for a second interview :)
  • Options
    Oh and to add...I send them after the first interview and then again after the second.
  • Options
    I never had either until I just interviewed for the promotion at work and my co-worker suggested I do it.  I sent it by e-mail though, that way they got it right away and before the second interview.  Is that an option J&K?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well that's not very helpful to me Stage ;)  I never have either, but I've never had a "real" interview before.  They've all been part time college or high school jobs, and my last "real" job kind of fell into my lap.

• Options
    I would send a thank you email.
  • Options
    If you took their business card after the interview, there should be an email addy on there. Just send the thank you that way.
  • Options
    An extra thank you note never hurts, even if you know you're going back for a second round already. But definitely email it.
  • Options
    I have always found that mailing a TY makes an impression because so many people either e-mail a TY or don't send one at all.
  • Options
    Mail one today, so that it's postmarked today. Trust me, people will notice. I'd also send one after the second interview, if you don't get an offer that day.
  • Options
    I don't have an email address, just a mailing address.  So I don't have a ton of choice.  Someone asked--I interviewed with someone from HR today, and I'd interview with the people who would be my direct supervisors and their direct supervisor next week.  So yes, someone different.  So, go ahead and send one today, and send another one next week if I don't get an immediate job offer?  Is that the consensus?

• Options
    Even if it's not the consensus, that is what I would do, so doooo eeeeeet.Good luck, by the way.
  • Options
    So, go ahead and send one today, and send another one next week if I don't get an immediate job offer? Is that the consensus?I say yes.
  • Options
    So, go ahead and send one today, and send another one next week if I don't get an immediate job offer? Is that the consensus?Yes, I agree too.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    Stage, I hope you know I was just teasing you.  I'm sorry you're grumpy!Would it be complete overkill, if I can find an email, to send a thank you email today to be sure it's seen before my second interview AND to mail one?

• Options
    I think it's overkill to e-mail and mail one yes.
  • Options
    No, not overkill at all. It's about standing out. Hopefully the e-mail is read, but even if it is lost in a sea of e-mails, they will still notice that you sent one.I guess I'm old-school with mailing TY cards, but at my office when we receive one from a candidate it gets oooohs and aaaaahs.
  • Options
    Ok great.  Then I'll mail one off right now, and see what happens next week.  Thanks!  You ladies rock, as usual :)

• Options
    Great! And congrats on getting the second offer.
  • Options
    but at my office when we receive one from a candidate it gets oooohs and aaaaahsOurs too. Everytime I get a TY card from a candidate, I post it up on my bulletin board. It may be cheesy, but it makes me feel good to receive them and really makes the candidate stand out. The email TYs, I just delete and forget about.
  • Options
    I usually handwrite my thank you notes and send them out in the mail the same day as an interview. I have never not sent a thank you after an interview either, but that's just because one of my professors had told me that it's a must - especially in today's sucktastic economy.
  • Options
    Oh and congrats!
  • Options

• Options
    Congrats on the 2nd interview!  So what's the job?  Something you are really excited about or just 'meh, it's a job'?
  • Options
    It's a mental health counselor position for a non-profit that does adult foster care for people with serious mental illness.  It started out as 'meh, it's a job' but I'm actually really excited about it after the interview today.  There's tons of opportunity for advancement and they have their own training institute so I can get a bunch of education and even a few certifications through them, for free (actually, paid to be there, above my normal hours a week).  And the benefits are really good.  So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• Options
    Well that's great!  I'll keep my fingers crossed as well :)
  • Options
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards