Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: Makeup

If you wear makeup on a daily or regular basis: 1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. 2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? ------ If you do not wear makeup on a daily or regular basis: 1) What are your reasons for not wearing it? 2) On what occasions DO you wear makeup?

Re: Poll: Makeup

• Options
    1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. Foundation, bronzer/blush, mascara and maybe shadow. Usually lipstick too if it is to work. I think I am the only person under the age of 75 that wears lipstick but I love it. 2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on?Yes of course. But, I wouldn't go to work without it on or out at night without it on. I am self conscious since I had bad skin as a teenager.
  • Options
    1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. no foundation, but I do wear concealer under my eyes. I also wear blush, mascara, eyeliner, shadow, and chapstick2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yes. I prefer not to, but I do sometimes.
  • Options
    I mostly only wear makeup regularly in the winter. When I do it's Bare Minerals foundation with the mineral veil. I do always wear mascara though and a hint of eyeshadow. And yes I often leave the house without makeup. I will never understand those women that get all dolled up for the gym.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I wear mineral powder (I have oily skin), red lipstick and a little black mascara every day.Occasionally I go out without makeup, but not very often. It only takes me about 5 minutes to "put my face on".
  • Options
    1.  Depends on what I'm doing.   Most days I wear foundation, blush, eyeshadow, and mascara, and sometimes I wear eyeliner or bronzer if I feel like it.2.  Yes, absolutely.  I always go to the gym without makeup, and run errands and stuff without it occasionally.  I wouldn't go anywhere job-related or nice without it, though.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    1. Foundation, powder, concealer, mascara. If it's a special occassion or if we're going out I put on eyeliner and eyeshadow. I only ever wear chapstick on my lips. I don't use blush, I probably should, but I never feel like I've done it right (uneven or too much) and I'd rather look pale than like I'm using too much blush. 2. There was a time when I would never leave the house without having showered and put on makeup. My hometown was small and it would always be that one time that I went out looking like a scrub that I'd bump into someone from high school or something. Now, I go out to the grocery store, etc. without makeup on. I don't wear makeup a lot on the weekends unless some event is going on. I just can't be bothered most of the time and I like to give my skin a break. And that was an unnecessarily long answer to a simple question.
  • Options
    1. foundation, concealer, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and at least a lip stain or gloss...and that's if I'm not going to work...2. I do leave the house without make-up but normally I try not to without putting on at least a little evening powder.
  • Options
    I wear mineral foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blush every day.  I rarely remember to put on lipstick but I always have on some sort of lip balm.  I do leave the house without makeup to grocery shop or casual stuff, but not to work or go out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1) Yes: foundation, blush, eyeshadow and some type of lip color2) It happens, but rarely. I had horrible acne as a teenager, and even now my skin is problematic (Though vastly improved from high school), so I'm very self-conscious about it. Plus, I've gotten to the point where I can literally put on full- "everyday" face in like 5 minutes, so its almost silly for me NOT to have it on.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I personally don't wear makeup on a daily basis. My routine involves putting lotion on my face, chapstick on my lips, and walking out the door. I don't wear it regularly because it makes my face feel gross and I don't think that I really need it - I have a redder complexion, but I deal with it. I do wear it for job interviews, a random night out, and to weddings but that's about it. The reason I asked about leaving the house without makeup is because I know many people who refuse to. They HAVE to put on eyeliner or lipstick to get the paper because "you never know who you'll run into." And Salt, I don't go to the gym regularly but I have seen women there all dolled up and I'll never understand it either!
  • Options
    1.  I don't wear makeup regularly, but when I do I wear Bare Escentuals foundation, and then a mix of brands for any other stuff.  I have a lot of Avon- one of the girls I used to work with sold it, and it was so inexpensive!  Not any specific reason I don't wear it, I usually just forget or run out of time. 2.  I usually wear makeup if I'm going out for the evening or for special occasions. 
  • Options
    I'm going to answer both ways because I used to (up until this past spring) wear it every day, and now I don't.1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. I always at least wore concealer, powder, and mascara (except to the gym).  If I was going somewhere more exciting than just class or a quick run to the store (ie, out to dinner, out for the night, etc) I wore foundation, blush, concealer, powder, eyeliner, mascara, and sometimes eyeshadow.  But I assure you, I know what I'm doing and did not look like a clown. 2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Only to go the gym, and sometimes if I had a bad breakout I'd still wear some concealer to the gym (I know, it didn't help). ------ If you do not wear makeup on a daily or regular basis: 1) What are your reasons for not wearing it? My skin is a lot better now, and I don't go too many places on a daily basis aside from the gym.  I'm too lazy to put it on to go grocery shopping or just run out somewhere. 2) On what occasions DO you wear makeup? Out to dinner, lunch with FI, out with friends, job interviews.  I'll likely go back to daily wear when I'm working again.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? I usually wear moisturizer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yes, I do on occasion-usually just to run errands. I don't like going to school or work without it...I just feel "blah"
  • Options
    I wear makeup when I go out for the evening or for a professional function, but not every day - I work from home and the dog is not impressed with my prettifying efforts.  When I do wear it - sometimes foundation, always eyeshadow, liner, and mascara. Oh, and lipstick. Always lipstick.  
  • Options
    For day I don't wear much makeup- chamomile primer is just enough coverage and keeps my skin happy(That Girl, Benefit), mascara, gloss  at night for a club or party- same primer, sometimes I do just mascara, bronzer, and red lip or dramatic eye, bronzer, light lip gloss  I do all the time.  I don't wear a lot of makeup because it isn't good for your skin.  It can dry it out and promote wrinkles.  I am in my very late twenties and have the skin of a twenty year old according to my dermatologist.  Cleansing gently and moisturizing are the most important for me. 
  • Options
    Normally wear makeup on a daily basis 1. Foundation, blush, mascara, some eye brightener and sometimes eyeshadow. Basically whatever I can get put on on the subway to work. 2. Lately I haven't been wearing makeup every day b/c I'm on this topical stuff for my acne that dries out my face something fierce.
  • Options
    If you wear makeup on a daily or regular basis: 1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. Mineral foundation, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, blush, lipgloss2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Only if my apartment was on fire and I just got out of the shower. I get too many uninvited comments when I'm not wearing my usual: "Are you sick?" "Whoa, you look like a totally different person... I didn't know you had so many freckles!"

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Every work day I wear concealer, foundation, powder, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow colour and an all natural honey lip balm. I leave home without makeup on weekends I would never go to work without makeup as I already look much younger than 30.
  • Options
    I wear foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadow and mascar. Somedays Ill do without eyeshadow. Yes I leave the house without makeup, if I am running late or it depends on where I am going.
  • Options
    1A - powder, blush, mascara, usually liner, sometimes shadow. Sometimes tinted moisturizer; sometimes bronzer, occasionally foundation. 2A - uh yeah - quite often. 1B - when I don't wear it, it's when I'm going out non-dressed up (breakfast/lunch, groceries, other errands) or to bike ride. I often don't wear foundation to work because it makes me itchy, and I have my hands on my face so much, it's gone by the end of the day anyway. 2B - when FI and I go out for a nice date night; I try to look nice for work; I try to look nice when I see family - I don't see them often, so at least for the first time I see them on a vacation/trip, I like to look nice. Yes, I'll be wearing the full complement - including concealer, etc (and dermablend to cover my leg tattoo) for my wedding!!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    GG, my skin is very sensitive to the enviroment and my dermatologist said that is why it gets red.  Yours might get red for another reason but That Gal from Benefit has chamomile and really helps. 
  • Options
    1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. Loose powdereyelinermascaraneutral eye shadowchapstickfor a night out I might add foundation, dark shadows, lipstick and blush. 2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on?All the time.  I don't bother putting anything on if I am just doing errands, working out or hanging out.  When I was younger I never went out without makeup, but now I'm like, who cares.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    1) I use Stilla tinted moisturizer, uaually MAC shadow and Lancome blush.  If I  use a bronzer, it's a Bobbi Brown.2)  hmm, I have but would try not to
  • Options
    Oh yeah, and I always wear lipstick. Uusally a neutral color, but almost always have it on, even if I don't have other makeup on. Except for biking. Then its just lip balm.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I obviously put way too much thought into this poll.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Salt, ggmae, in polite defense of those dolled up chicks in the gym, I don't think it's always done for the gym. I know in my case, I go at the end of the day after work or school, so I'm already done up for the day and don't want to wash my face in order to work out, especially since I get all red huffing and puffing on the treadmill. But I have seen the chicks who obviously just reapplied and put on lip gloss, with hairsprayed hair, and that's ridiculous.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    1) Just concealer and a touch of powder. Usually I throw on a little goldish/brownish eyeshadow, but very minimal.2) I would always dab a little powder even though in all likelihood it wouldn't make much difference! It's just my security blanket.
  • Options
    beatlesgirl25  -  It's funny you should say that. Two years ago the apartment above ours caught on fire while I was in the shower! Tim yelled for me to get out NOW. I threw on my nightgown and robe (not knowing at the time how bad the fire was). I stood outside for hours in my nightgown, robe and a towel wrapped around my head. Fortunately, the Red Cross put us up in a hotel for a few nights.
  • Options
    E - That could be the case - my skin is very sensitive in general and makeup just makes it worse. I just have a rosy complexion and my dermatologist said there's not much I can do to get rid of the red and that I have to embrace it. J&K - Nah. I asked too many questions. :)
  • Options
    I see women that put makeup on in the locker room.  You think they are leaving but they are going to work out.  If you are there taking care of your body, take care of your face. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards