Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: Makeup

2»

Re: Poll: Makeup

• Options
    obviously I can't read because you said NOT brands.I do wear mascara as well
  • Options
    I don't wear make up regularly. 1) I just never have. I have pretty clear skin and my circle of friends and colleagues has always been filled with nerds, so I have never really seen the need. Now that I'm a grad student there is REALLY no need to put on make up just to study 10 hours a day. 2) At my wedding, I wore make up, but not much. Light primer, foundation, powder, eyeshadow, blush and lipgloss. No eyeliner, no mascara. I also wore it at my bachelorette party. Other than that I never wear it, because I don't own any...
  • Options
    Beatles - That is a very good point.
  • Options
    Try the product or taking chamomile tea bags, three or four, make a strong tea with it, dark.  Bottle it and use it instead of toner.  This is what my asthetician does for herself and she has access to very expensive products. 
  • Options
    I'm about half and half.  If I don't work I don't wear make up.  I don't look that different without it.1) I wear bare minerals and eye shadow and mascara.2) Yes.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I will actually wash my face before working out because I think sweat and makeup together are very bad for your skin.
  • Options
    That's crazy jajph! Thank goodness you guys got out okay. Yeah, makeup would be the last of my worries if that happened. Hopefully you were able to get all your stuff in the end.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I don't wear makeup b/c I used to have horrible skin (acne out the wazoo) and I hate the look of makeup caked over bad skin. I was young so I assumed that was how I'd look if I work makeup, not realizing it was a bad makeup job. I basically don't wear makeup b/c I was insecure (still am) that I wasn't pretty enough for makeup. I'll wear mascara and eyeliner and nothing else if I'm going out or going to an event like a wedding.
  • Options
    My sister puts make up on before she works out because she has acne scars she's self conscious about it.It grosses me out, I wash my face and don't use moisturizer before I work out.  I like my face completely dry.  Except in the winter bc my skin will get chapped.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    E - That's a good idea. I've heard of it before too, the tea. Thanks.
  • Options
    "That's crazy jajph! Thank goodness you guys got out okay. Yeah, makeup would be the last of my worries if that happened. Hopefully you were able to get all your stuff in the end. "They wouldn't let us back in for 2 weeks because the building wasn't structurally sound. We were able to salvage most of our things. The complex lost 16 units.But the funny (and on topic) thing, is that after waiting outside for the first two hours, I went to the complex office to use the bathroom and put on lipstick. You know it's all about priorities :P
  • Options
    I wear makeup about 1/2 the time.1) Usually for work or to go out for the day I just use mascara and fill in my eyebrows as they are patchy.2) I leave the house all the time without makeup. I'm either lazy, rushed or just don't feel the need for it. I always always always use moisturizer with spf 15, though, and have since I was in high school.3) I don't wear it all the time because I don't feel a need for it. I think I look fine without it, I like my freckles and 2-3 days a week I play sports at lunch at work so it's kind of pointless. 4) I like to put more makeup on if we are going out to dinner or to meet with friends. Sometimes I put on eyeshadow during the day because I'm in a good mood and feel like being girly. Then I go the full gamut on my eyes: shadow, liner, brows, mascara. I don't usually wear lipstick because I suck at it and can't keep in on.My mom told us once when I was about 8 how she forgot to put her makeup on one day before work and everyone at work kept asking her if she was sick. I think that anecdote scarred me for life so I don't want to wear too much makeup on a regular basis for fear that no one will remember what I actually look like.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Bajan, you're totally right. I used to wear liquid foundation, and my skin was terrible because I would work out with it on, sweat, etc. I've since switched to Bare Minerals and it feels less congestive to my skin, but I still can't wash it off beforehand because I am self-conscious about my skin tone: very white with very rosy, blotchy cheeks that spreads everywhere when my heart rate gets up. The constant flushed skin looks unhealthy if it's not covered up.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Jajph, that's too funny. I'm sure it made you feel more grounded to at least feel like yourself in that moment. I'd probably do the same thing. :)

• Options
    I almost forgot. I have eyeliner tatooed on, but it's fading so I put regular eyeliner on too.
  • Options
    Beatlesgirl, you should try what I mentioned to GG.  It would help calm your skin.  In the long term, it would improve it and you won't need makeup as long as you stop wearing makeup when you work out and do this.
  • Options
    cew - how long does the tattoo eyeliner last? And more importantly, did it hurt?
  • Options
    I'm of the latter--don't wear it on a daily basis1) What are your reasons for not wearing it?Laziness more than anything. When I was younger I wanted to wear it and my mom wouldn't let me until I was 16. By then I didn't care, so I didn't. Never really learned how to wear it until a few years ago. 2) On what occasions DO you wear makeup?I have something called pityriasis alba (sp?) where patches of my skin are dry and lighter than my face. it shows up more in the summer, and I will sometimes cover it a little with foundation, but usually not for work or everyday things.Special occasions I'll wear a little more with lip stick/gloss and eye shadow. I have to wear it for shows, and I still do the bare minimum that will look good on stage.
  • Options
    If you wear makeup on a daily or regular basis: 1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. a tiny bit of concealerpowderbronzereyelinereye highlight on inner corner of each eyeblushclear glossmascara2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on?no.  i would at least put a tiny bit on to look polished. i am too insecure to not wear makeup anyways.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    It hurt like a mother fuucker. They use the needle to penetrate the skin with numbing stuff first. That part hurts the worst because you are actually numb for the ink. I only had it done under the eye.IMO it's not worth it. It's been about 5 years and you can barely see it anymore.
  • Options
    Good idea, E. Can I keep the tea at room temp in the bathroom or does it need chilling?

• Options
    1) What makeup (i.e. foundation, shadow, blush, etc) do you usually wear? Not brand, but items. Foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, brow fix. 2) Would you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Sure, but only to work out or run weekend errands.
  • Options
    I don't wear makeup on a regular basis1) reasons?  Where to begin.  I have problem skin so makeup will either make it look worse, or make it worse sometimes.  I have no idea what I'm doing when I put it on.  I have no idea what to buy and I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount.  If I knew what to buy it would just bring me back to the aforementioned problem of not knowing how to to put it on.  2) I wear makeup for fancy occasions, or when I dress up.  I also wear it if I'm seeing people that care what I look like.
  • Options
    Leave it in the bathroom in a bottle and apply using cotton like toner. 
  • Options
    Ouch, Cew! I'd be worried about the needle hitting my eye!
  • Options
    Yeah. I cringe when I think about it now. I must have been drunk...or just stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards