Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What weird rituals do you have?

I always have to rinse out cuts and bowls before they sit in the sink to be washed.I also pet both my dogs, take off the collars, and kiss H, before turning off the light for bed.H never leaves for work in the morning without filling to dogs water bowls and putting a sticky note on my nightstand saying good morning.Any one else have lame rituals?

Re: What weird rituals do you have?

• Options
    I feed the cats the same way every morning while they sit in the kitchen and yell at me the whole time.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    No outside clothes in the bed. If you were outside in your clothes they can't come in my bed. Only inside clothes in the bed. It's weird. I know.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • Options
    and putting a sticky note on my nightstand saying good morning.This is too cute!
  • Options
    We do 3 final quick kisses before saying good night.
  • Options
    When I take a shower, I wash hair first, then body, then shave, then wash my face last. In that order. Every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I each have our before bed rituals. Same with in the morning. Before he leaves for work we say the same things "have a good day, love you, be safe."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Gretch, even cuter I have them saved in a mini scrap book... going on three years now. It is kind of funny to look back. Like the ones after we had a fight just say, "good morning," while other ones have inside jokes on them I have even completely forgotten.Rach, I pretty much do the exact reverse of you in the shower. Every time. Weird.
  • Options
    I will never back track. If I have to back track, I won't do it. I have to plan out my shopping trips with zero backtracking. I can't do it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I always come home, take out the dog, then take off my shoes for the rest of the night. I always feed the cat a can of wet food right before bed. If I ever forget she will literally sit on my head until I remember to feed her (she has free feed dry food all day).In the morning I have to, in this order: go to the bathroom, go put on clothes (minus socks), wash face, brush teeth, make-up, put on socks, brush hair, make lunch, say bye to dh and leave. I get really messed up if say, I put on clothes first  or make lunch before being dressed.
  • Options
    haha Rach that is funny, I was just going to talk about my shower rituals....my order, wash face, shampoo hair & rinse...conditioner, wash body, shave & then rinse conditioner out.  I like to have the conditioner sit on the hair.  FI & I always kiss goodnight & before he leaves for work in the AM.....
  • Options
    I have to shower in the same order every time.  I start by shampooing my hair, wash that out and put in conditioner.  My hair tangles really easily so I have to leave that in as long as possible.  While it's working I shave, wash my body, wash my face, and then rinse everything off and the conditioner out last.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Rach, betrothed and I have the same shower ritual. If I go out of order, I forget something.
  • Options
    Me too, Julez.  My H makes fun of me for it.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Another night time one: our dog knows when we are getting ready for bed and jumps up to lay at the bottom, near our feet.  He leaves during the night and returns when the sun comes up.  We start our morning giving him and eachother a kiss.(our dog is a bit spoiled...he also gets burped after dinner)
  • Options
    I also abide by the betrothed shower order.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Morning routine is identical. Get up, turn on coffee, then I do the same order in the shower. Shampoo, cream rinse, face, body. I also must kiss FI goodnight or I feel weird just laying there.
  • Options
    I used to leave my conditioner in forever too--but when my hair started to fall out, I thought my conditioner was bad for my hair. So, instead, I put conditioner in, and then use a pick to comb through my hair in the shower--and rinse it out instantly. I get so messed up if I do something out of order.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will never back track. If I have to back track, I won't do it. I have to plan out my shopping trips with zero backtracking. I can't do it.oh, fishy, never go to the grocery with me.  I forget stuff all the time and have to back track. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Ah yes, shower order. Shampoo, conditioner, wash face, soap up, shave, rinse, wash face again. He has a ritual when he gets home too. Walk in, take off shoes, pet dogs, put down lunchbox (which I empty), kiss wife. Everyday.
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    When FI gets out of bed, I roll over and sleep on his pillow, every morning.Shower is, face, shampoo, cond, body. everytime
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh shaving haha...like once a week while the conditioner is.
  • Options
    I also hate backtracking.  Drives me nuts.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    Fish - I backtrack in the grocery store all. the. time. Even when I make a list and separate it into sections! My mom is so ashamed of me - she said that she though she'd taught me better! Haha.For me, shower is put shampoo in hair, face, shave, body wash, rinse shampoo out, done.
  • Options
    Really, if I have to back track, I wont get it. I'm married to the most patient man in the world, so I bring him with me so if I forget something I can keep moving forward and he can go back and get whatever we may have forgotten.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    When FI gets out of bed, I roll over and sleep on his pillow, every morning. I do this too. And I spread out my arms and legs to take up the whole bed. It's amazing, but I only do it if he's been there and left. I don't do it when I'm alone the whole night.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • Options
    but when my hair started to fall out, I thought my conditioner was bad for my hairI just recently (3 months or so) starting leaving a strong conditioner in... and I guess this is when I noticed more hair falling out then I remember. Constantly cleaning out my hairbrush and finding hair in the shower for the first time. ugh.
  • Options
    I do this too. And I spread out my arms and legs to take up the whole bed. It's amazing, but I only do it if he's been there and left. I don't do it when I'm alone the whole night.Me too! same thing. If fi is gone I don't do it.I also brush all angels of my teeth (top, front and back) in three sections on my top and bottom teeth, for 5 seconds.. so I brush for.. exactly a minute and a half.
  • Options
    I have to take off my clothes and put PJs on the second I walk in the house. I feel anxious if I have to wait 5 minutes. I cannot be in my house in jeans or dress clothes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My book of the lame:When I wake up, I go to the bathroom, wake the dog up (she's deaf, so if she doesn't see/smell/feel me go by her, I have to wake her) and take her downstairs to let her out.While she's outside, I make cheese/peanut butter toast and a glass of milk and either get leftovers for lunch/make a sandwich/get a frozen meal and put it with my bag. Get the dog in, back upstairs.  Tuck her in her bed (cover her up).  Shower. Make-up. Teeth brushed.Wake up DH to talk for a couple of minutes and tell him goodbye. Kiss him, find out what time to call and wake him up, love on the dog, and out the door I go.Pajamas or at minimum, sweats go on immediately when I come home.Nighttime:  I go to bed before DH, usually right after he gets home from work.  DH comes up with me and we chat for a few minutes, I have a heated thing he heats up for me, and he "tucks me in." I have long-term chronic insomnia and take medication for sleep, so usually there's a familiar movie now playing quietly (when I wasn't medicated there wasn't). Heat thing goes on eyes/forehead. Yep, nightly. OK, and this is the weirdest one:  I shove a stuffed animal under my left ear/jaw to keep me from sleeping with my mouth open/snoring....
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Whenever there's something that me and DH don't want to do, we "rock paper scissors" it. Examples would be getting water for the two of us for bed, turning off the light, turning on the alarm...etc
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards