Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: What were you going to be named?

The famous baby names got me thinking, because I am named after someone on TV (Jessica from Murder She Wrote), but originally I was going to be Angela, after Angela Lansbury.Were you going to be called something else, and then had it changed at the last minute? If so, what did your parents originally want to name you? Would it suit you?

Re: Poll: What were you going to be named?

• Options
    Yeah my mom thought I would be a boy. My name would have been Christopher. Then I was almost Jennifer.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If I was a boy, I would have been Zachary Gordon.Other girl names my parents had in mind were Natalie, Claire, and Emily.
  • Options
    RuthMy maiden name is 4 letters, starting with R and it would be a tongue twister or an obscenity
  • Options
    From day 1 they were convinced I was girl and Amanda was their only option. They did decide on Matthew if somehow I was a boy.
  • Options
    My dad wanted to name me Sarah, which alone is ok, but he wanted to name my brother Abraham. No, just no. My mom won that argument. I'm named after her MOH which she never spoke to after the wedding.
  • Options
    PS - I used to watch Murder She Wrote all the time with my dad!
  • Options
    Mom says if I was a boy I'd be named Ben.
  • Options
    If I was a boy, my would have been Charlie. And that's FI's name.*cue Twilight Zone*
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    They chose to not know my gender. I would have been Adam.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    If I was a boy my name would have been Israel.  BARF.  My mom just liked my name.My sister was named after one of John Lennon's wives :)

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    If I was a boy, my name would have been Jonathon.  And my mother would not have allowed "Jon" for short.  She wanted to name me Jenna, but my dad won with Jessica.I have no idea why my parents love the letter J so much.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I was supposed too be Mary.There were three other Jessicas in my 10th grade math class.  Guess how many Mary's there were?  Yup, zero.Thanks for the originality, Mom & Dad.
  • Options
    Ha, my old best friend was named Ben, and I was convinced, in the silly school girl way, that we'd get married someday even though we never dated and my other best friend chased after him constantly.  We would have been terrible together, in hindsight.
  • Options
    I have no idea why my parents love the letter J so much.Duggar style, yo.
  • Options
    If I was a boy, I would have been Jason... which is DHs name. It was between Jessica and Jennifer, I'm glad they went with Jessica.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    funny, we never got around to discussing names in detail when my daughter was born.  She was 27 weeks and not expected for another 13 weeks at least.My ex was out of town when I went into premature labor and didn't get there until a few hours after she was born.We're Catholic so she had to be baptized right away and the priest asked me what her name was.  I just said the only girls name we had ever even thought about.  And that was it :)
  • Options
    Oh yea, my parents didn't find out my gender until I was born. They had no doubt about me being a girl though.gg-I used to watch Murder she wrote all the time too. I loved it
  • Options
    My dad said he liked the name Penelope. My mom said, "Huh? He never told me that."My mom also liked Maura, Jillian (which was a cousin's name, first) and Shawna. I got Meredith, which I like the best.If I was a boy, I would have been Matthew, which is my brother's name. If he was a girl he would have been Jessie Elizabeth. Not Jessica, just Jessie.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Michael.Then I popped out a girl (thank god, euw to boy-parts) after my parents were told I'd be a boy and they switched the "would-be middle name" of Alexander to Alexandra, Alix for short :)
  • Options
    If I was a boy, I would have been John David. Same for my sister. My brother is, of course, John David.My dad named me and my mom named my sister. I don't actually know if the names were prepared beforehand like the boy name.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    If I was a boy, my would have been Charlie. And that's FI's name.haha. i have a similar story. if i'd been a boy my name would be stephen matthew. guess what my husband's name is? steven matthew.
  • Options
    My parents thought I was going to be a boy as well. They had chosen either Jonathan or Christian as my name.Weirder still, I married a Jonathan and his BFF is named Christian.
  • Options
    It was always Amanda.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH is Jason Robert, I would have been Jason Theodore because my mom likes teddy bears. Silly 80s parents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ws going to be Gilbert. The nurses told my mom I was going to be a boy so they were in for a surprise when I was born.
  • Options
    My name is Sarah Michelle. I was named after my great-grandmother Sadie. My mom had my named picked out ever since my great-grandmother passed away, and I think it's very fitting. However, if I were a boy, my name would've been Andrew Stephen, which is very funny, since my fiance's name is Andrew and his father's name is Stephen.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My mom wanted to name me Emily but apparently my dad read this weird story about a chick named Emily who killed the person she liked because he wouldn't be with her and then jumped his dead bones. It was weird. So my name is Rachel because it was the only name they could agree on.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sapphire, I wonder if that story is "A Rose for Emily"? It's a short story by William Faulkner. It's really gothic, but I love it!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    My mom wanted to name me Emily but apparently my dad read this weird story about a chick named Emily who killed the person she liked because he wouldn't be with her and then jumped his dead bones.That's the funniest thing I've heard in a WHILE.
  • Options
    It's possible mery but I can't remember the title of the story but that's the gist of what happens.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards