Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter

124»

Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter

• Options
    Mica and Admar, any ideas what is going on in Ft Myers Beach Jan 19-23rd?  We couldn't get a room at our favorite hotel or a hotel even close to that.  Thinking of staying on Sanibel at this point.  Your thoughts?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:1413f717-4e42-4609-a527-743d4f8b7b95">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Stlrz.  Yesterday was AWFUL!!  AWFUL!!!  But VT really needs to win, too.  Plus, I like them better.  It is where I met my husband.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Yesterday was horrible.  Although Wisconsin did better than I thought they would.  I just really wish they would have won.

So far, we have wins from Purdue, Illinois, and MSU.
    Losses from Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

A Michigan win would go a long way toward some kind of respectability.

Edit: Spelling.
  • Options
    I have no idea what's going on down there, Ski.  I was wondering that when I saw your post.  I think we did a vacation on Sanibel one year, but I was younger so I don't remeber very clearly.  Sorry I'm no help!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    For a second, I thought TK had gotten rid of all my posts in this thread. Totally messed up!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:342e97db-d600-450f-b0a9-8a235be39040">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh I'm confused now.
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:1413f717-4e42-4609-a527-743d4f8b7b95">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Stlrz.  Yesterday was AWFUL!!  AWFUL!!!  But VT really needs to win, too.  Plus, I like them better.  It is where I met my husband.

I was in the car for all of it except the 2nd half of the Rose Bowl, which I was too tired to watch.  But when I called to check in on the PSU score mid-afternoon it was pretty ugly then.  I knew it was one of those games where we'd either get killed or play really well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:c47ab7af-8e7e-44a2-8f42-9be121069427">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter : Yesterday was horrible.  Although Wisconsin did better than I thought they would.  I just really wish they would have won. So far, we have wins from Purdue, Illinois, and MSU. Losses from Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. A Michigan win would go a long way toward some kind of respectability. Edit: Spelling.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

I know, Meg.  Until MSU beat UGA (I hate UGA, by the way), we didn't even have any really "respectable wins".  I love Purdue, and was happy that they beat WMich, but a win against a MAC team and a Pac12 team with a losing record (who shouldn't have been bowling in the first place), weren't exactly going to cut it.

I wish that Wisconsin didn't have time management issues and could have beaten Oregon.
  • Options
    I'm sad about Stanford yesterday. That poor kicker.
  • Options
    GO PAC 12. :)
  • Options
    Thanks Admar.  We have been to dinner on Sanibel and Captivia but never stayed out there.  We like to have bars and restraunts that we can walk to and from.  Oh well, looks like I may end up being the DD, this is a quick trip for business with a boat FI is restoring so 1) I can't complain cause I get to go to Florida, 2) good food, great sunsets, 3) extra long weekend and oh yeah, I get to go to Florida in January!
  • Options
    H called it Pac 10 last night. I hate Oregon, but I will ALWAYS root to represent Pac 12. I like Stanford. H's little brother is a kicker and I know he just feels so bad when that happens.
  • Options
    Yeah, I understand the challenge to change your conference's name.  Why do you think we're still the "BIG TEN" even though we had 11 and now have 12 teams.  I like how we used to hide the "11" in the old logo.  It was like a secret.
  • Options
    Of course, I'll always hate Udub more than any other Pac 12 school. :) The games yesterday were pretty fun to watch. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:86da90df-1b92-498e-abb7-9d398d3351db">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I understand the challenge to change your conference's name.  Why do you think we're still the "BIG TEN" even though we had 11 and now have 12 teams.  I like how we used to hide the "11" in the old logo.  It was like a secret.

And the new logo is the worst.  So are the division names.
  • Options
    I liked the hidden 11 as well, MP.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the division names either.
  • Options
    Hello ladies.

TK is broken for me and this thread is a clusterfuuck, but I wanted to say HI

I was in Asheville and NW Georgia for days and have been having TK withdrawals.

Hope everyone is having an awesome New Year.
  • Options
    True Story:  I really wanted to go to UDub for grad school.  Like really, really, really.  I absolutely loved it.  But they messed up my funding, and I wasn't sure if I would get any.  I needed to know before the April 15th deadline.  So I had to go to VT (don't regret at all).  But I remember sitting in a square on the UW campus just crying to my mom on the phone about how I wanted to go there.  The fact that I had slept 11 hours in 4 days may have exacerbated the situation.

Stlrz, did you go to Penn State?  I must have learned this back in November, but then I forgot.
  • Options
    Chrissy - I can see your new ones on here.
  • Options
    MP - I really, really, really wanted to go to Duke for undergrad.  My mom and I shed a lot of tears over my inability to afford that, so I feel you on the tears over schools.  My mom was cooking up all kinds of crazy schemes to come up with the money.

But then I went to Michigan, and loved it, and stayed for nine years.  Life has a funny way of working out.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's how I feel.  It all works out.
  • Options
    TK doesn't like cream of whatever soup either toots. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_pinterest-commentcooking-questionrandom-chatter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:11030ece-d045-4689-8553-948ebe769b23Post:47c9ce46-0bb5-4fac-9375-5471bbfba576">Re: Pinterest comment/cooking question/random chatter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stlrz, did you go to Penn State?  I must have learned this back in November, but then I forgot.

I didn't catch this until now (stupid TK IT), but yes I went to Penn State.  I stuck around for a few years after undergrad, moved away for 6 years, and then moved back in 2010.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards