Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Is it ok to plan your own bridal shower?

2»

Re: Is it ok to plan your own bridal shower?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_is-it-ok-to-plan-your-own-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:13ab5442-1a18-4280-ac8e-0fe8ee271d31Post:9a613846-cd50-4931-85fb-e70b15d7380b">Re: Is it ok to plan your own bridal shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow glad I asked, I have only been to one before so I didn't really know. I see the "gift grabby" image that it could put off, though originally I wasn't thinking that at all.  As mentioned previously I don't even want gift,s I just wanted the experience of getting everyone together to mingle and have a nice time.  Oh well I'll live without one!
    Posted by blondii428[/QUOTE]
    You can absolutely have a get together where everyone can mingle and have a nice time. Just dont' call it a bridal shower. call it a lunch or a brunch or a dinner or a tea or what ever. Invite some people over and viola! <div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Here's the thing - your situation sounds really different, so I say go for it. I mean, etiquette says not to throw one for yourself. Maybe a girlfriend can step up to the plate? and honestly, it's not a big deal if your mom does it. Three of my bridesmaids hosted my shower in October but it was at my mom's house and you better believe my mom was there every step of the way. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards