Wedding Etiquette Forum

Happy Friday!

Re: Happy Friday!

• edited April 2011
    Upside is we get a nice lunch because the boards are here, down side is no jeans on friday :(:(:(

I am going to try and be crafty tonight and decorate a bucket or pail or something to store the umbrellas in with "April showers bring May flowers" on it but who the hell knows how I will accomplish that.

I told that to FI last night and he said, May flowers will not be bringing any little pilgrims for at least 5 years. I KNOW FI I KNOW.
  • Rosie!  Have so much fun at your shower!

I am SO glad that it's finally Friday!  And it's beautiful outside!  I took a different route into work today (more hills) so I'm quite a bit winded, but not as much as I was the first time I attempted it, so yay, progress?

H and I are hopefully going out after work to pick up a loveseat.  We didn't get our tax refund yet, but we figure that can be deposited to make up the difference when it does come in.  Yay for Friday!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• TGIFF! :)

A year ago today we closed on our house.  Woohoo.

I'm ready to leave work because we're headed up to the lake house this weekend. And I can still drink so that's a plus! haha 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• I'm feeling kind of low this morning.  No one at work has given me a birthday card.  My birthday is Sunday.  They all know when my birthday is because we have a distributed list.  :(  I know that's pretty babyish, but it's nice to be remembered. 
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good Morning! Lucas comes home tonight and I'm babysitting our niece tomorrow for a majority of the day. She's adorable and I cant wait to see her.

That's me with her. (Please ignore the red fat face. I don't remember why I'm so pink in this picture, and 30lbs down now so the face isn't so, um, round).
  • Shaddup, MK.  You are beautiful.

And Meg, I'm sorry nobody's acknowledged your birthday.  Happy Birthday in advance!  (And BTW, I like your new avatar pic, you're very pretty :)

• Yay! Thanks, baystate!  Well, maybe folks will bring me something Monday.  There's always hope! 
  • I hear you though.  Nobody at work remembered my birthday last year.  Mainly because I only work with three people, one of them was having surgery, and my boss is really, really absentminded.  He asked me "When's your birthday again?" in March...my birthday is in September.  Oh well!  But I did feel kind of down that nobody said anything.

When are we seeing wedding pictures?  Any time soon?

• Happy (early) birthday, Meg! :)

• edited April 2011
    The pro pictures should be coming soon.  I ordered them last week and we're supposed to get the CD soon.  She blew up one of the photos as part of the package and that was late because we were procrastinating about what picture to use.  I can't wait to have them.

ETA:  Thanks, Fezz!  :)
  • Good morning everyone! I'm working from home today so I can go straight to my final tonight. EEP! So far I'm getting an "A" in this class, so here's hoping the test goes well. Working, studying, having an HP marathon and being stepped on by cats. This will be my day.

• Happy Birthday, Meg!

MK - I have don't think I have actually ever seen a pic of you. You are very beautiful. And your niece is a cutie pie.
  • Psst... MEG.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Happy Birthday Meg!

I am tired this morning.  I drank too much wine.  Ugh. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good luck, Manda! 

• GL tonight, Panda! :)

• Happy pre-birthday Meg!

Andy, you deserve the wine!
  • Morning everyone.  TGIF!!!!!!  I'm so looking forward to this weekend.  Beyond looking forward to it.

I just want to say, I have the best friends ever.  One of them went walking around town yesterday to find me my cake toppers.  She found 3 stores that sold what I was looking for (mini Muskoka chairs) and brought them to my work.  They are perfect and she's amazing!!!

I also finalized my flowers last night with my florist and they are going to look AMAZING and I'm about $1000 under budget!!!!  WEEEEEE.

Okay, that's it for WR crap. 

Happy birthday Meg!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Andy, if passing the bar isn't a good enough reason to overindulge on wine, I don't know what is.

• HI!!  Today is most excellent.  It is GORGEOUS and warm, productive day at work, H comes home (finally!!).  It's a YAY all around.

The only bad thing is that I have had a nasty headache all day from my eyes, so I'm going to have to go to the eyedoctor sooner rather than later. Boo.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!!
  • Thanks Missy & Baystate. The only pic I've got on here of me is in my tiny little avatar, and that's not a great one anyway. I'd probably put more up if I had more of Lucas and I, but sadly we've been together almost 4 years and I have about 5 pictures of us together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-friday-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1412b649-8849-402c-bfe2-e0bd83de8069Post:74972808-13a1-4eeb-934d-e39d85a95d68">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Missy & Baystate. The only pic I've got on here of me is in my tiny little avatar, and that's not a great one anyway. I'd probably put more up if I had more of Lucas and I, but sadly we've been together almost 4 years and I have about 5 pictures of us together.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

How is that even possible? We're picture hoars. Not like I ever do anything with the pictures, but they're right there on my hard drive!!!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Hey everyone!

Happy early birthday Meg! And goooood luck Mamda!!!

The part finally came in for my car, so I have to go and sit there for a few hours while the fix it. Siiiigh. If they didn't have the slowest shuttle service EVAR, I would take it home. But I hear the dealership has free wifi! Car problems are always such a pain. Not only are they super inconvenient, but they always cost so much. So depressing.

Other than that, FI comes home for the weekend tonight! Yaaayyyy!!!! :D:D 
  • MK - well, I guess that means you will have to take up a new hobby. I need a new digital camera even though the one I have takes really good pics still. I guess I am just the opposite of you. We have been together a little over 4 yrs and I think I have 4 or 5 photo albums. Even though there are a few I still need to take the time and sit down and finish.
  • Yay for warm weather and H coming home, Momo!

• sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2011

Yay for a good day, SnippyAmoro! Sorry about the headache, though. THey are definitely le suck.

Meg, I understand the downer of nobody getting you a card, but I hope you have a great birthday weekend. 

Mandapanda, GL on your test.

Andy, nobody deserves a hangover, but you most surely deserved the celebration.

B, if nobody else starts a FFF, go for it!

• Good morning! I think I actually slept last night which is nothing short of a miracle.

Meg, I know how you feel. My birthday is on Monday and I'm pretty sure no one in my office will recognize it. And my FI is out of town at his friend's bachelor party all weekend and on Monday we are going out to dinner with people he knows from work. I don't think my birthday has ever been quite so ignored before. But anyway, happy birthday to us!
  • Yay for April birthdays!  Happy early birthday Annak! 

• emilyinchileemilyinchile member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Morning! No one at work remembered my birthday last year (Aug. 23). It was the day we moved into our new building, so even though a couple people are pretty good friends of mine and knew, they just forgot. One even told me I looked nice and asked why I was dressed up...they felt pretty bad when I reminded them.

I have another busy day and can't wait for the weekend. I've just been really tired lately, even though I don't feel like I've been doing anything unusual.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards