Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...

13»

Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...

• Options
    I'm peeved at Lowes. I bought kitchen paint on Saturday because my contractor started today. Yesterday, I tested out the paint next to my sample swatch and it didn't match. Sent H back to Lowes to get it fixed. Turned out that their color system got screwed up over the weekend, and they were getting a lot of complaints about colors not being right. Anyway, the Lowes employee tried to fix it manually, but the color still didn't match. As of last night. With my contractor coming in this morning. So I worked it out with him that he's gonna do all the prep work and paint when we actually procure the right paint. But who knows when that's gonna be at this rate. And I've got other shitt to do. And I just want my kitchen DONE.

Eff you, Lowes.
  • Options
    I live with 4 male roommates. I am beginning to hate the lot of them! The pop cans leaked all over the floor because no one took them out, the 3 bags of garbage by the door stink, and their junk is everywhere! We have an agreement that I wash dishes and clean the public areas, in turn for them cooking, taking out the garbage (I collect it and they just have to take it outside), getting rid of the pop cans (again - I collect them), and them rinsing their dishes when they bus them back to the kitchen.

The house is clean, except for the dishes they have not taken to the kitchen, the garbage they have not taken out, and the leaky bag of recycling next to the couch. Their saving grace is that they can cook deliciousness for supper (we don't usually eat dinner since everyone has different class schedules). I've mentioned it many times and I get nothing. I'm trying not to nag, but they are treating me like their mothers!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Peeve of the day: Unsolicited advice that FI and I should wait to get married because I'm too young and "the younger you are, the more babies you'll have, and then you won't have any money"
    I barely even knew the person that said this!
  • Options
    On the "cover your plate" thing... I had an ex co-worker who flat out told me that she expected each and every one of her guests to give a gift of at least the value of their plate. And then she went on to do the math, and indicated that she would use all the gifts to pay the bill for her wedding.  Her wedding had several other major etiquette no-no's too. I usually give cash for weddings, but in this case I specifically bought a tangible gift of what I could afford at the time.
  • Options
    Oops, I just realized I only hid her last particular story instead of completely unsubscribing when I saw this:

"FYI, we are registered at XYZ under ____... this info isn't in the majority of the invitations since I already sealed them. This is for online shopping only.  I'm sure I'll remind you all a couple other times. :-)"

Maybe I won't unsubscribe just for the entertainment value like Tigers.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shouldnt-let-peeve-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:16fc08b2-0249-472a-858f-ce657510cb9cPost:37e5559b-d61a-4f08-9a2d-d707fbd902b7">Re: I know I shouldn't let it peeve me, but...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get annoyed when people constantly post stuff like this on FB, too.  I would either just ignore it as best I could or block her if it really gets on your nerves.
    Posted by rebarobert2012[/QUOTE]

I know.  The other thing that amazes me is how many other engaged friends talk about wedding planning on FB.  I know I am not inviting all 600 of my FB friends and aquaintances so I don't talk about it.

As far as the shower, I had a co-worker that invited our whole huge department to her baby shower.  Even people she barely knew and it got out she wanted gifts.  Needless to say, it didn't go over well.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards