Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

What do ya got today?

I flame all the regs (don't remember who since there were multiple) who responded Steffi's thread a/b her friends wedding, whether it was genuine or mocking. If no one responds, she will go away. I think its lame to be chastising her at this point because it just encourages her.

I feel the same way about people talking to the AE crazy person in the chat thread after the dog marriage thread. I just think its stupid.

Re: FFF

• Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    First, I don't know what steffi thread you're referring to, but this just goes back to the don't tell people how to post.  If regs want to make the boring a$$ knot more fun by entertaining stupid, then just let them.  Who cares really? 

Also.  The first 4 pages of the dog thread you just hoped it wasn't really but that very well could have been real.  I admit I stopped reading after I stopped posting in it and I heard that she said specifically it was fake - but that stuff really does happen so yea, I'll take my chances, flame if you want. 

OH wait - I misread.  So the AE was posting in a chat thread after she said she was fake?  I wouldn't waste my time, but just goes back to why do we keep telling people how, when, why and who to talk to on here? 
  • Options

Ally always overeacts.

Edie, I flame you and Stage for your judginess over the "holding my hair back at my bachelorette party" thread.  It happens.  People over consume. 

• Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Blanket flame or general irritation here. Ive seen this a lot lately in the AE threads. It bugs the crap out of me when people are all "well I would just leave!" Like it's easy? That's not helpful, you don't know that for sure until you're in the situation, and it makes people feel like shiiit if they're not ready to leave.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I didn't see the thead, but I don't necessarily think that's flame worthy.  We all get bored at times and sometimes some people care more about playing with trolls than others.  As soon as she stops posting another one just as bad or annoying will pop up.  Eh, to me it's just telling people how and when to post, which I think is more flame worthy than what they were doing.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yeah Stacks of course people can post whatever. But I can still flame it if it irritates me. ;)
  • Options
    I also flame Edie for her saying that the pet hater comment in the CC clusterfuck thread was uncalled for. Um thats how TK works. People bring up old shiiit for jokes even if it obviously doesn't apply to the current person.
  • Options
    i2i Stacks.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I don't get why it's a go to flame every single FFF, but I also don't really "go here" anymore so who am I to judge or even state my opinion. There's just always a complaint.  Too much, too little, too boring, too mean.  It's like a bunch of girls hang out here. 
  • Options
    Oh FFS. I just think its stupid to do it, so I flamed it. But if you wanna think I'm trying to patrol how people post, then sure.
  • Options
    Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Wow musu, I'm talking general, no need to go FFS and get all crazy.  I think it's stupid to talk about how to post all.the.damn.time.  Whatever.  Moving on. 

TK should not raise anyones blood pressure. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:14eb1e60-1be5-4578-9b67-c12597930716">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I don't get why it's a go to flame every single FFF, but I also don't really "go here" anymore so who am I to judge or even state my opinion. There's just always a complaint.  Too much, too little, too boring, too mean. <strong> It's like a bunch of girls hang out here. 
    </strong>Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Aren't we a bunch of girls? I mean, except Charmin occasionally.
  • Options
    For me it was more that people were saying Steffi, leave! Why are you here! No one wants you here! And while that's totally true, I would think that completely ignoring her would work better than telling her to stop coming here, because that's just encouraging her.

I flame Jgeers for jumping on LittleMissCutie for being racist when she clearly wasn't.  And then when she deleted it because she realized it could be misconstrued Jgeers just kept pushing and pushing. Then she backed off and she was the mature one for owning up to being a d!ck? It was lame. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:5cc0b402-0723-4c85-a581-ac81914c6dc4">FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do ya got today? I flame all the regs (don't remember who since there were multiple) who responded Steffi's thread a/b her friends wedding, whether it was genuine or mocking. If no one responds, she will go away. I think its lame to be chastising her at this point because it just encourages her. I feel the same way about people talking to the AE crazy person in the chat thread after the dog marriage thread. I just think its stupid.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I've been saving this exact one!

I also flame the schitt out of Helleb, because she was annoying to me in that stupid thread.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:e7207dec-1136-423a-a875-64631e32890d">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Aren't we a bunch of girls? I mean, except Charmin occasionally.

Maybe you should step back.  That was an obvious joke and you're way more irritated than I am right now.  We're not even on the same level.   You're getting genuinely worked up and I could seriously give non fucks.
  • Options
    Hah sorry stacks. I read it wrong (the girls thing). I'm a little bristly today, clearly.
  • Options
    Yea.  I wasn't expecting that from you at all.  Gosh GIRL. 
  • Options
    My thoughts on telling people how to post...all flames are telling people how to post in some way. One person says something is stupid, another says "you can't tell people how to post!" Except person 2 just told someone how to post. It's like a giant clusterfuck of headbanging futility that never ends. So in the future, please only post if you've got something mean to say.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:e7a3094c-b39b-45d2-9bab-e234ef55788b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I wasn't trying to judge people who overconsume.  What I didn't get about the OP in that thread was the fact that the OP seemed to think it was normal to have someone hold your hair back when you throw up  at your bach party.  Like it happens every time someone has a bach party.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

It was this comment that you said that irked me:

"I would think someone who is ready to get married would know how to hold her liquor at a bachelorette party.  It's to have a good time, not get shitfaced drunk."
  • Options
    Unpop op but I totally got what helleb and the other one were saying in that shiiitstorm. Delivery all wrong, but valid points, IMO.

• Options
    Re: Stefffi

It annoys me that the same people biiitching about her were some of the same ones that were talking with her. If you've voiced that you don't like her and wish she'd go away, I find it odd that you would respond to her posts, KWIM?

As far as that stupid AE, I tend to give-in and feed the trolls once in a while, and people can do whatever they want, but I think my flame is actually more for whoever is behind the troll than anything else.
  • Options
    UNCALLED FOR take that back DJ.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:176c8dcf-9ea7-4c54-a81e-029fb9c10fef">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea.  I wasn't expecting that from you at all.  Gosh GIRL. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

haha I think my IRL irritations and feelings are bleeding into the interwebs today.
  • Options
    I like trolls and I like to feed them. But I also giggle at drama and pick arguments for entertainment, so we know how mature I am.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:3cd40b84-5161-4c02-9191-6603a888efaa">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I wasn't sure if we should crossboard, but since Edie posts here to, I'll go ahead and say that that whole thread was ridiculous. Edie, you banned someone because you thought they were going to swear?  Really?  Anytime I go to Chit Chat anymore, it feels like you and Lucy think modding is supposed to control the conversation not just monitor it for actual problems.  That might be more Lucy than you, but the fact that you banned someone for something you thought they might do and tried saying the pet comment was out of line made me think you weren't too far behind her.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. And then the ridiculous tail chasing that followed after trying to act like it was NBD. And then the knotting while driving (Lucy?) and how she tried to defending it BECAUSE SHE WAS IN TRAFFIC. Whatever bro if the police saw that they;d be slapping you with a sweet ticket. </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    This may be more of an I don't get it, but Angel flip flopping on working.  One week she biiitches that she isn't getting any hours, than this week, it seemed she was bitching about working too many hours.  I don't get it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:dee29fad-64f4-4334-9453-6c0ad6174a93">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : haha I think my IRL irritations and feelings are bleeding into the interwebs today.

That makes for a good FFF.  GO FOR IT.  Just not me b/c I like you, I'd hate to hurt your feelers.  :)
  • Options
    MuSu it's not you specifically, and I've said it many many times before.  It just happens all the time anymore it seems.  People flip out basically if something is brought up that has been talked before, or if you're answering someone who they don't like, etc.  It just bugged me more today because I thought it was a weak flame to start out FFF with.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought both sides of the cc thing were dumb and out of line at times. As for Lucy checking the thread while stopped in a traffic jam, I find it hard to believe no one else pulls out their phone when the highway is a parking lot.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:33cf0cfd-899f-4091-8c82-381813ad5438">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]DJ, that whole thing was a misunderstanding.  I thought Lucy had said to go ahead and do it.  I misunderstood her.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>WTF? Why would you need her permission to ban? Shouldn't you be reading the thread yourself and when you see something banworthy, I think you would know it. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:c0234b23-90ef-4b41-862e-550bdab2d564">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : It was this comment that you said that irked me: "I would think someone who is ready to get married would know how to hold her liquor at a bachelorette party.  It's to have a good time, not get shitfaced drunk."
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you fucking kidding me?  I would maybe expect an opinion like this out of Kristen#'s.  MAYBE.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards