Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone around?

2»

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    wow Lynda, I remember when you were moving!  I can't believe it has been a year.
  • Options
    Wow Lynda - a year already.

Autumn would be so annoying if we tried to keep her out of our room.  We have a dog bed in there for her.  once in a while we'll let her on the bed in the morning if we're trying to get another hour of sleep or something, but she thinks her place is IN THE MIDDLE.
  • Options
    I know it's crazy.

Chef starts out under the bed.  That is his 'safe place'.  Then sometime in the middle of the night he ends up in bed.  Sometimes on my side, other times on DH's.  Sometimes he gets scared and started licking DH to death. It wakes me up.  After DH's cleaning, he comes over and snuggles up to my head.  It's like he has nightmares and gets comfort from mom and dad.  Never does he want to play.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Pepo mainly thinks we are his playmates, so unless our backs are to him, he will try to interact ALL. NIGHT. LONG.  Isabella will sleep all night long, if Pepo leaves her alone.

Berkeley is a good dog and sleeps when we sleep (and sometimes when I am awake before the sun rises).
  • Options
    All I want to eat is chips and salsa.  That's ok, right?  Haha.  The salsa needs to be eaten in the next couple days before I have to freeze it or cook it, anyway.  Never in my life have I made salsa and had it last thing long.  Weird.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    My SIL and her ex boyfriend had a bulldog.  His sleeping place was at the end of their bed.
  • Options
    J&K - the salsa is healthy - just portion your chips and don't just eat them mindlessly out of the bag.
  • Options
    Yeah, I ate like 10 chips and decided I was done.  Ha.  My stomach just isn't thrilled with me tonight.  I don't feel like sick to it or anything, just....not hungry.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24dfefd0-5a61-4fdd-ae7e-e2321a177ebePost:bcbb655c-7b43-4884-8593-fdea3764e271">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All I want to eat is chips and salsa.  That's ok, right?  Haha.  The salsa needs to be eaten in the next couple days before I have to freeze it or cook it, anyway.  Never in my life have I made salsa and had it last thing long.  Weird.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

You can never have too much salsa. Did you consider bottling it so it will last? We used to make HUGE batches of it and bottle it so it would keep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24dfefd0-5a61-4fdd-ae7e-e2321a177ebePost:0906ee68-8fb8-4bf8-aebe-71930cf2dc97">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : You can never have too much salsa. Did you consider bottling it so it will last? We used to make HUGE batches of it and bottle it so it would keep.
    Posted by jennylee813[/QUOTE]

You mean can it?  I don't do canning.  Too much work.  Plus, I greatly prefer it completely fresh so I don't even enjoy my canned salsa as much as I should to justify the PITA that it is.

• Options
    I've never made my own salsa.  I do make my own jam (strawberry and strawberry rhubarb) and marinara sauce.  When I have more space again I'd like to do some additional stuff too.
  • Options
    Mmmm, salsa. Can't wait to make some! Soon!

Emmie Cat had to go to the vet today and stay over. She's been having loose stools, (ew, I know) and so they need a sample to see what's going on with her. I sure hope she doesn't have anything serious. Little Glinda Kitty is lonesome for her. She keeps looking around for her and meowing her funny little meow. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:24dfefd0-5a61-4fdd-ae7e-e2321a177ebePost:806b2c29-f674-48a7-98a1-13929414c829">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never made my own salsa.  I do make my own jam (strawberry and strawberry rhubarb) and marinara sauce.  When I have more space again I'd like to do some additional stuff too.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Yum, can I have some strawberry rhubarb jam?  Our friend's mom makes it like crazy in early summer and hands it out but it never lasts long. 

You should totally make your own salsa.  SO MUCH BETTER than the store bought. 

• Options
    Aw, poor little Glinda kitty :(

• Options
    I don't like salsa that much.  I buy fresh made salsa for H at farmers markets in the summer though.
  • Options
    Oh, well that makes more sense then.  Though now I'm confused as to how you don't like salsa ;)

• Options
    I dunno.. I dip my chips in it, but then I pull them straight out without scooping any of the salsa onto the chip so I get a little salsa juice with the  flavor, but not actual salsa on my chip... I'm weird.   I like the tomato, but I don't really like chunks of onion (too strong) or peppers (too much spice if you actually eat one).  
  • Options
    Yeah, canning. I found that it didn't change the taste, and one evening's work got me through a whole winter. I haven't made it in forever, since my food processor broke and I didn't replace it. Now I want to...

I'm a dipper, not a scooper too, Loopy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I put salsa on lots of things besides chips. Carrots, fish, chicken. Sometimes I use it like salad dressing. 
  • Options
    Have you ever had pureed salsa?  I process mine until the chunks are teeny tiny, so you don't ever get any big chunks.  You might like that better!  Sounds like you like the salsa taste, but not the chunks.

• Options
    hi ladies!  Loopy, i do that with bruschetta.  I don't like chunks of things either.  I am a very strange eater.  
    I am going tailgaiting Saturday for the first time in about 10 years.  I might die.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    KJB, that sounds fun. Why do you think you might die?
  • Options
    J&K - I do like pureed salsa better and am more likely to scoop that a little more.  I found a mexican place here that has a real smokey flavor to their pureed salsa and I really like it.  Of course H doesn't... LOL :)

I LOVE bruschetta, and scoop tons of that goodness onto my bread :).
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    The smoky flavor is likely from ground chipotle pepper.  It's one of my favorite seasonings.  I buy it in bulk from Penzey's when I run out of the stuff my dad gives me (he smokes and grinds his own chipotles).

ETA: or just from chipotle peppers

• Options
    Whatever it's from, I like it :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards