Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

PostSecret April 30

13»

Re: PostSecret April 30

• Options
    Did anyone else notice that the Ivy League one is written over a picture of a dog tag that spells out "genius?"

Haaaaa.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    There's one on the niner board that I really relate to.  Something about being jealous about their girlfriends going to movies, dinner, and spa dates with their moms.  ♥ 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:e4ef5987-cc39-4adc-88ac-4d60a7d52e3f">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone else notice that the Ivy League one is written over a picture of a dog tag that spells out "genius?" Haaaaa.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

On my screen it's just a black box with pink writing. I don't see a dog tag.

Edit- nevermind now I see it. My resolution was wonky on my screen. I am not blind.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:e4ef5987-cc39-4adc-88ac-4d60a7d52e3f">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did anyone else notice that the Ivy League one is written over a picture of a dog tag that spells out "genius?" Haaaaa.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

Ugh.  Give me an f'ing break.  I know some geniuses and they don't walk around saying they're geniuses.  They just ARE--if you are, you don't have to tell people.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:9ffc10f0-0f59-44bd-84ad-e5df12453768">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's one on the niner board that I really relate to.  Something about being jealous about their girlfriends going to movies, dinner, and spa dates with their moms.  ♥ 
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

That one makes me jealous & sad too but for different reasons. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:00b93d7d-7429-45c4-8357-342410d0e98f">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you guys see the new one on the Niner PS that says she's ready to have a baby now but not ready to be that permanently attached to her H?  That was sad to me, that she thinks being married didn't really permanently attach them and that she thinks they could split up. 
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Let's be honest though - if they divorce somewhere down the line, the break will be a LOT cleaner if kids aren't involved. Because yes, in some way, you ARE always attached to the person you decide to have children with.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Me too, Mandy & Pinot
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:5ec7d131-1073-478e-a4fb-bf55d9e4d67c">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PostSecret April 30 : Yep, I was just going to write this.  Grad school is different than undergrad where no, they don't give out scholarships based on merit OR athletics. I went to Ivy League schools and there are few things I dislike more than the "I went to an Ivy League school, so I'm definitely smarter that you are." <strong> I definitely went to school with some morons.</strong>
    Posted by Moneypenny424[/QUOTE]

Fi went to an Ivy leage for undergrad and he said there were a LOT of legacies. Maybe some of them belonged there, but a lot probably didn't.

That did surprise me about college in general, and I didn't go to an Ivy. The fact that dumb people are there, wasting their parents' money.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I really wish I could see these from work. 
  • Options
    It's killing me that we aren't supposed to guess who these are (at least, not out loud). 
  • Options
    Although, legacies often threw great parties ;) The just weren't all too sure who the current VP of the United States was. You know, minor things like that.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_postsecret-april-30?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:26eed0fa-4155-4321-a5e0-532497f45464Post:a928d8e2-6802-4f49-b82c-82fbf3e875d2">Re: PostSecret April 30</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although, legacies often threw great parties ;) The just weren't all too sure who the current VP of the United States was. You know, minor things like that.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

One of FI's classmates was named something like James Andrew Williams VIII. The 8th! He HAD to be a legacy.

Edit: However, if my kids are smart enough to get in, I hope that having FI for a dad will help them, too. I'll do whatever I can to pay for college, especially if it's an Ivy! I wouldn't judge my own kids for being legacies, because a degree is a degree!
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards