Wedding Etiquette Forum

Let's clear the air.

Since I got home from surgery last week, I've been doing some thinking, and reading FFF sealed the deal for me. 

I'm not Blame Canada.  As you guys know from Bride2be2Pretty, I'm not focused enough to manage the logins properly, so obviously I would never make an AE that is so controversial.  As you also know, I've been pretty forth coming with my true feelings for certain posters here on E, so no, I wouldn't "hide behind an AE" to say what I've been saying for months anyway.  I would never make an AE for any other purpose than to have a little fun.

What I am about to do really sucks, but with the petty bullying and mudslinging, you've left me no choice, I have to do this to clear my name.

The reason certain regs think that I am BC is because I left their OB a few months ago.  I wasn't really that into it; I'm on other OBs that I spend much more time on, and it felt to me like there was some tension over some E regs they didn't like who I did like, so I left.  It wasn't a good fit, and it wasn't fair to me to keep my login active.  It really wasn't that big of a deal, but after I left, a couple of them started being really nasty to me, and then a few others jumped on that bandwagon even though I've never had any beef with them before.

So now you know. 

Re: Let's clear the air.

• Oh yeah, that's totally clear, if when you say "clear" you're using the definition that states "to explain something without really explaining it with the poorly concealed motive of taking a public stab at people who have hurt your feelings, even though you have no intention of revealing who those people are and know full well you're starting a whole THING with your post and thus had no intention of making anything very 'clear' at all."

If that's the definition we're using, then yeah, totally clear.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:fe51c039-d70f-4007-9ed0-9d9afca9f5ae">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, that's totally clear, if when you say "clear" you're using the definition that states "to explain something without really explaining it with the poorly concealed motive of taking a public stab at people who have hurt your feelings, even though you have no intention of revealing who those people are and know full well you're starting a whole THING with your post and thus had no intention of making anything very 'clear' at all." If that's the definition we're using, then yeah, totally clear.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]
    Dude, I think I think I need a translation for that part!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Is the OB stuff supposed to be shocking? 
  • You're only making yourself sound more suspicious Heels.
  • I'm not trying to be cryptic, but it's not fair to those who haven't been complete asshats to name names or to be any more specific than that.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    This whole situation is just the dumbest, most overly dramatic load of crap I've ever read in my life. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • P2, I don't giveashit what you think.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.  Everyone here knows how you feel about me, so it's not like you are saying anything new. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:aeed02c4-ad25-41f3-916b-b7a64dec854a">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the OB stuff supposed to be shocking? 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]
    That's what I was wondering. I don't get how Heels being on an OB is huge, shocking revelation.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:2ea46b0d-0da6-4bd0-9640-b5bd7ccf69d7">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This whole situation is just the dumbest, most overly dramatic load of crap I've ever read in my life. 
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. This is probably the most High School shiit I've ever seen on here.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:fd5cede1-6dc2-4a47-a1dc-85ca4aa18813">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not trying to be cryptic, but it's not fair to those who haven't been complete asshats to name names or to be any more specific than that.
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

This isn't the Red Scare.  If people are "outed" as being on an off-board, who cares?  It's just like people e-mailing each other, they can do whatever they want.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Salt, I can see why you think that, but put yourself in my shoes.  How would you feel if you were being accused of things you didn't say or do, and you couldn't defend yourself because "it only makes you look more suspicious?"
  • Who cares who BC is? Whether she was a random troll or an AE... she is gone now, isn't she? Can we move on from that or are there still scars?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:7f70723c-b8a6-44dd-b811-00a650056221">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]P2, I don't giveashit what you think.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.  Everyone here knows how you feel about me, so it's not like you are saying anything new. 

Actually, I used to really really like you. Then you turned on me, sweetheart.

But yes, you're making it even more suspicious, AND playing the victim card.

I don't giveashit who BC is either...but you seem to be doing a lot of work to make sure people know it's not you. Where, if it really weren't, you wouldn't giveashit either.

Now. Didn't you have me blocked?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:e518d44f-8aa7-481f-8c06-9cad0c0516d0">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who cares who BC is? Whether she was a random troll or an AE... she is gone now, isn't she? Can we move on from that or are there still scars?
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]
    It was here just on Friday. Still being a biitch.
  • It's not supposed to be shocking.  OB's are hardly a secret. 

Like I said, I read FFF last week, and it really bothered me that I even came up.
  • This is the first time I've seen her 'defend' herself about BC. I think a lot of people would get really frustrated if they were being accused of being a biitchy troll when they really weren't. I don't know what I think, but I can understand her defending herself if she really didn't do it. But then again I can also see it to throw everyone off. Hmm.
  • And you do realize that the only reason people thought you were BC was because of a KPS post, right?  It wasn't something people pulled out of their asses to be mean to you. 
  • Heels, I love you buddy, but if you aren't really naming names or clearing anything up... well, this is just the beginning of a shiitstorm, IMO.

Not that naming names wouldn't lead t oa shiitstorm, but it would be a hell of a lot more interesting to watch.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:5286d684-d273-46d2-9e75-363aeb3f664e">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And you do realize that the only reason people thought you were BC was because of a KPS post, right?  It wasn't something people pulled out of their asses to be mean to you. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read about the KPS before it was taken down, but what difference does that make?  Someone obviously created it to stir the pot. 
  • Honest to god I can't believe we're talking about grown ass women.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I agree that I would be hurt if people thought that I was an AE I wasn't, but I'm not sure what good can come of this post.

It will only confirm whatever each person already thought.

I don't hang out here nearly enough to even pretend to understand the dynamic, but for what it's worth, I doubt you're BC.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:d4a23945-49dc-4a99-8675-c050fee166e8">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : It was here just on Friday. Still being a biitch.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]
    meh, I would just ignore this user. It's a shame there is no wy to check IP. Not that it's always accurate, but it's fun to see when they slip up using a proxy, lol.

Who ever BC is, is just looking to raise drama, which is the sole function of a troll. Ignore it, they go away. Well, actually, at first they try harder a few times, but eventually they stop.
    I think because so many people react to this troll (from what i saw teh lst time I was on when BC was) she keeps coming back.
    I mean, look how many people are upset by this troll? It's winning, lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:b7135027-b56d-441a-bb34-3f223ac35a5c">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : Yes, I read about the KPS before it was taken down, but what difference does that make?  Someone obviously created it to stir the pot. 

Yeah, because it totally isn't possible that it's true and someone actually feels that way.
    Not.Possible.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:4f7ae04a-6d79-4df3-a25e-fd0cd22a7dd7">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : meh, I would just ignore this user. It's a shame there is no wy to check IP. Not that it's always accurate, but it's fun to see when they slip up using a proxy, lol. Who ever BC is, is just looking to raise drama, which is the sole function of a troll. Ignore it, they go away. Well, actually, at first they try harder a few times, but eventually they stop. I think because so many people react to this troll (from what i saw teh lst time I was on when BC was) she keeps coming back. I mean, look how many people are upset by this troll? It's winning, lol.
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it's about the TROLL itself, it's about whoever is behind it. If it's true that it's a reg, then she/they are being extremely two faced and that's what's bothering people.
  • What is BC? And why am I so confused?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:2bf0fbdc-ea17-4c48-97f9-6448b47bc830">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : Yeah, because it totally isn't possible that it's true and someone actually feels that way. Not.Possible.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Unless the picture of the heels is supposed to be something other than my SN, then no, it isn't possible that it's true and someone feels that way, because it isn't.   
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:8586d788-f33d-48b6-8718-57f955fdaa03">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is BC? And why am I so confused?
    Posted by arthomas82[/QUOTE]

BlameCanada. Bitchy troll.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:8586d788-f33d-48b6-8718-57f955fdaa03">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is BC? And why am I so confused?
    Posted by arthomas82[/QUOTE]

You ask this about everything. Lurk, you will figure it out. If you dont, its probably because it has nothing to do with you so it doesnt matter.
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:22671295-7b09-4c62-a32d-65fd08d8b280">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Salt, I can see why you think that, but put yourself in my shoes.  <strong>How would you feel if you were being accused of things you didn't say or do, and you couldn't defend yourself because "it only makes you look more suspicious?"</strong>

This is soo silly. I haven't been posting much, but have been reading, and good God this situation is so third grade. I literally feel like these are word for word lines from a really bad lifetime movie about teenage bullying.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:a17ba0d5-87b1-4b76-8825-7d464857d655">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : You ask this about everything. Lurk, you will figure it out. If you dont, its probably because it has nothing to do with you so it doesnt matter.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Dude. Seriously. Maybe I don't have time to lurk 10 hours a day. If it bothers you, don't answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards