Wedding Etiquette Forum

Let's clear the air.

Re: Let's clear the air.

• SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:01dfceff-91cb-4da0-a004-ced29f1418b0">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am confused as shiit as to why you think that people think you're BC becasue you left their OB. I feel like I'm missing something. Since when does bouncing from an OB = instant troll blamage?? And I missed a lot of whatever dramz went down in the FFF friday thread because I stopped 1/3 of the way through but I was under the impression people are blaming you for BC based solely on the KPS entry. <strong>It didn't seem to be any weirdo underlying hostility that caused that train of thought- it was the KPS entry. Wasn't it?</strong>
    Posted by AlmondWhittle[/QUOTE]

what made me laugh was the transparent way the people who probably MADE the KPS pretended to have revelations of what was in the photo after it was taken down because they realized nobody got their dumb bare feet they had as the graphic.

from what i can see, heels wanted to explain why a handful of posters were going after her like rabid pit bulls and then calling out anybody who jumped in to ask why the fuuck they were overreacting about anything with her name in it. it got to the point on friday where people actually attacked east and said they didn't like her anymore because she simply stated that there was no proof heels was BC and that she didn't get why everybody was running with it as if the KPS was the end-all truth. apparently, not jumping on the overreaction bandwagon means you are no longer fun. people deserve to know why they are being mocked for standing up for someone when the attacks on her don't make sense. and if i believed that everything on the KPS was the truth, i'd have to believe that most of the people on your OB hate it there, that someone wants to eff a horse, that someone effed their dog, and that 50% of the ladies on here are cheating. awesome.
  • Jessjo- <3 Isn't Ob also a pregnancy test? It just makes me think obgyn
  • Jessjo- <3 Isn't Ob also a pregnancy test? It just makes me think obgyn
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:98b1b6ef-fdcd-469e-a1c5-e8702feec7c8">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : what made me laugh was the transparent way the people who probably MADE the KPS pretended to have revelations of what was in the photo after it was taken down because they realized nobody got their dumb bare feet they had as the graphic. from what i can see, heels wanted to explain why a handful of posters were going after her like rabid pit bulls and then calling out anybody who jumped in to ask why the fuuck they were overreacting about anything with her name in it. it got to the point on friday where people actually attacked east and said they didn't like her anymore because she simply stated that there was no proof heels was BC and that she didn't get why everybody was running with it as if the KPS was the end-all truth. apparently, not jumping on the overreaction bandwagon means you are no longer fun. people deserve to know why they are being mocked for standing up for someone when the attacks on her don't make sense. and if i believed that everything on the KPS was the truth, i'd have to believe that most of the people on your OB hate it there, that someone wants to eff a horse, that someone effed their dog, and that 50% of the ladies on here are cheating. awesome.
    Posted by SarahSmile23[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I also suppose, that along with having an...erm... how did you see it? A totally contrived '<span style="font-style:italic;">aha</span>' moment - because god forbid we actually take notice of things that go on around here that we haven't in fact, orchestrated and are able come to a inference about them - we also took it upon ourselves to report every post we made in my thread in an attempt to...what exactly?

Tin foil hat, party of you. Once again you show that fine talent you seem to have for coming into a thread, surmising everything that's already been said and drawing a totally ludicrous conclusion from...absolutely nothing but your own prejudices and, as you so aptly put it, over-reaction<span style="font-style:italic;"> </span>bandwagoning. Gold star for effort though.
  • and here come the same worn-out party lines and recycled jokes. "if you don't agree with me you are crazy." that's why this board is so much fun these days.

there is nothing ludicrous about the observation that you posted and asked where the KPS went, then pretended like you didn't understand it, and then 5 mins later posted that you got it because of the FEET. maybe it was you, maybe it wasn't. but don't pull the tin foil hat shiit because you disagree. people are allowed to have observations.

• The whole "you were reporting my posts" notion is ludicrous. I don't get why its ok for a bunch of people to accuse someone of being some rude AE but if that person states it wasn't them its suddenly a problem.
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:4d68a27d-5249-4c9a-bd1d-b5fdd7d8f99e">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's clear the air. : I'm feeling that. I've also always been about 68% sure that BC is real. Or at least not an E reg. <strong>Edit: Just saw your response Beatles, and I get that. But I think she could have also approached it in a "xxx and xxx have a beef with me, which is why they're flaming the BC thing" and left the OB out of it period. Having an issue with specific people wouldn't compromise the identity of everyone on the OB, which is what she originally sort of implied.</strong> Honestly, I'm not sure why we're talking about this. No one, AFAIK, has brought up BC since FFF.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Just saw this edit.

I get what you're saying, but it seems as though Heels feels that leaving her former OB is what may have created the bad blood that would put a target on her back, re: BC by the members of said board. It sounds like that's what she wanted to share with all of us now, since we've all observed the petty back and forth bitching and attacks these past couple months and haven't known the whole story. Thus, she had to mention the offboard as a crucial part of the story, but that also prevented her from naming names.

I think it's pretty obvious from the drama here lately who has beef with who regarding Heels, so her just stating those folks' names would be a pointless rehashing of things at the same level as before. Does that make sense? I don't think anyone's identity has been compromised. The only names revealed here were voluntarily revealed by the parties themselves. I admit I'm curious now who else is on that board, but I don't need to know and I don't get the sense that Heels is going to tell us.

/novel

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I'm sorry, did you read the actual thread in question? Probably not, in which case, these aren't your "observations" anyways. a) I asked - legitimately - what had happened to the feet KPS because it disappeared overnight and then b) said that it's not feet, it's heels; which if you'd actually read the thread, you'd have then seen me say was not something I came up with; it was suggested to me because I didn't get what man-feet had to do with anything. But thanks anyways, your reading comprehension level, as ever, remains dismal.

And where you got the erm... "if you don't agree with me you are crazy" from is completely beyond me; but we've established that you're very good at reading things and somehow gleaning from them meanings that weren't actually there to begin with. Go you.

I'd almost think here that the, um, "recycled joke" here would be you replying to every counter-argument to your posts with "people are allowed to have opinions" which is, in itself, uproariously hilarious seeing as what you are refuting in this thread is, in fact, the opinion of some people as to the identity behind AE's.
  • Just for clarification, which side here is rubber and which side is glue? 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Can I get a flow-chart or a strategy map or something?  I'd like to know who the players are before I end up having to choose sides.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'll be rubber. Safety first.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:44592cbd-212a-4e5b-bf9f-3320d15ef5e1">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be rubber. Safety first.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Well-played.
  • In Response to Re: Let's clear the air.:

Sarah, I think you misunderstood me. Or maybe you were replying to this thread in general and not just me. I don't read the knot every day- I pop in a few times a week, if that. I happened to catch the FFF thread and I wasn't jumping on the heels is/isn't BC band wagon- I was just asking a question. I didn't get why Heels thought there was some sort of underground group of people out to get her becasue TO ME it looked like the whole "Heels is BC!!!" stuff started from the KPS entry. Maybe there were other times when it was brought up, as someone else said, but I didn't see any of that because I don't read every thread. And what I did get to read, it seemed like a lot of stuff had been deleted.

I'm not sure if you were singling me out with the "your offboard" comment, but like Lala, I'm a dual boarder and have been for almost 3+ years now. I don't get why everyone is so weird about admitting being on an OB. Obviously I am- 3 knotties traveled across the country to be at my wedding, Lala came to visit me once, and I have a knottie staying with me for the summer. So if the "half the people on your board hate it there" thing was a jab at me, its kind of weird and misplaced.

• I think by the "half of your people hate their offboard" comment, she was referring to all the different KPS and NPS referencing offboards, usually complaining about them.  I don't think she meant any specific boards here.  That's how I read it anyways. 

• For a second there I thought I had a house guest who was secretly PMing people to tell them how much she hated the burritos I made the other night.
  • Rubber sounds better than glue. Glue just sounds sticky.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:865addc1-9a81-4d8b-8de8-d6c3c2fad156">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rubber sounds better than glue. Glue just sounds sticky.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Sticky wasn't the way I wanted to go with a sex joke. ;)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:865addc1-9a81-4d8b-8de8-d6c3c2fad156">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rubber sounds better than glue. Glue just sounds sticky.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Well now that rubber has been used in the "safety first" concept, sticky just sounds all kinds of wrong.  *shudder*
  • All this tin foil hat talk makes me want to watch Signs.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:39f1d6ba-a70a-473b-bd3f-105ba78efea3">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]All this tin foil hat talk makes me want to watch Signs.  
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]

I am sending glasses of water your way as I type this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:39f1d6ba-a70a-473b-bd3f-105ba78efea3">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]All this tin foil hat talk makes me want to watch Signs.  
    Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]
    One of the scariest thing in any movie ever is that brief glimpse of the alien at the kids birthday party. NIGHTMARES. I can handle zombies, serial killers, vampires...but aliens? Nuh uh. I know how to kill all the other ones, but there is no definitive alien murdering method.
  • That scene gave me nightmares for WEEKS. When the fuucker bolted past the window at the end of the alley I nearly had a seizure. Oh man. Terrifying.
  • I'm so glad I've not seen that movie. You know what alien movie creeped me out? Dreamcatcher. *shudder*
  • I've never watched Dreamcatcher but I read the book. Do they show them pooping out aliens? I hope so.
  • Yes they do. I was terrified to go to the bathroom after that. Oh man, I want to cry just thinking about that creepiness.
  • Huh. I did not realize that was an alien movie; I never got around to watching it but that vibe was TOTALLY missing from the advertising I saw.

Know what's the worst alien movie in the history of ever? Knowing - with Nicholas Cage. Because it starts off, you think, as an alien movie. But then it turns into this (no offense religious people) go god! deal and it's just... strange. Epicly strange.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-clear-air?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:279c2c78-ac46-4647-b3ab-5778032bc481Post:9daf05b3-0212-423d-8853-9bfd8ba1925f">Re: Let's clear the air.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry, did you read the actual thread in question? Probably not, in which case, these aren't your " observations " anyways. a) I asked - legitimately - what had happened to the feet KPS because it disappeared overnight and then b) said that it's not feet, it's heels; which if you'd actually read the thread, you'd have then seen me say was not something I came up with; it was suggested to me because I didn't get what man-feet had to do with anything. But thanks anyways, your reading comprehension level, as ever, remains dismal. And where you got the erm... "if you don't agree with me you are crazy " from is completely beyond me; but we've established that you're very good at reading things and somehow gleaning from them meanings that weren't actually there to begin with. Go you. I'd almost think here that the, um, " recycled joke " here would be you replying to every counter-argument to your posts with " people are allowed to have opinions " which is, in itself, uproariously hilarious seeing as what you are refuting in this thread is, in fact, the opinion of some people as to the identity behind AE's.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]
    where did i refute the opinion of some people as to the identity behind AE's? i don't care who people think is what AE. i was addressing the way a handful of posters goes out of their way to attack heels and when they are called out on it they go after the person who questions them. that has nothing to do with AE's. so what you have deemed "uproariously hilarious" is actually quite the comprehension fail on your end. in fact, you proved my point.

if you say you didn't make the KPS, great. honestly, i don't care if you did or if you didn't. it wasn't true, and i doubt that most secrets on there are true at this point. however, it's no more of a conspiracy theory for me to assert that the people who felt the need to rehash and spell out the meaning of that particular KPS may be behind it than it was for you to assert that heels was behind BC.

you and i don't like each other, but we tend to ignore each other instead of baiting each other at every opportunity we get. i actually respect that about you, alix. we've obviously found another instance where we disagree, and neither of us is going to get up and move to the other side of the lunchroom. i get it and i'm ok with it. we don't all have to like each other. i just wish more people would take the approach you and i have taken instead of the pit bull approach.

sorry for the delay in my response. i typed it and then ran off for 20+ mins to grab some insecticide and try to find a spider my cat was playing with. i couldn't find it. :*(
  • edited June 2010
    Seeing a spider and then not seeing a spider is the worst thing ever.  EVER.  Because from that moment on, it could be anywhere.  Watching.  Waiting.  Planning.

I'm probably not helping. 

• If I can have the Cullen table, I'll gladly move to the other side of the lunchroom. Just sayin'.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards