Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday Night

Re: Friday Night

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:3134c27b-e0eb-47f9-a6b5-26e4d6023e6d">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still haven't gotten myself to like coffee. I'm a hot chocolate girl all the way. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>My Aunt isn't a big coffe lover. But she knows all the employees at the local Starbucks by name. She's addicted to their hot chocolate. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:05323c02-f4d0-4d08-b676-73f46807e2ac">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night : Heck yes, AATB hooked me UP!
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Our minds are in the same place :) I want some more of those bad boys.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:50640632-c9ea-443e-987e-46b3c5af6cb1">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night : That's sweet, but you don't have to do that : p Anyone in my family could send me some should I want any, but you obviously like it a lot more than me so I would hate for you to break into your stash.  <strong>But one of these days we are going to have to GTG. We MUST make it happen!!! *stamps foot*</strong>
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I totally agree!  I really hope we can. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:3134c27b-e0eb-47f9-a6b5-26e4d6023e6d">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still haven't gotten myself to like coffee. I'm a hot chocolate girl all the way. 

<div>I sometimes wish I didn't drink coffee as much as I do because I'm literally addicted at this point. I'm trying to drink more hot chocolate instead. </div>
  • Options
    Ditto. Hot Choc or Tea. I wish I liked coffee but I hate the taste.
  • Options
    What is up with all the celebrity tragedy lately? First Usher's step son gets brain dead and now Sylvester Stallone's son is found dead. Apparently some kind of OD. 

Am I the only one that things Sage Moonblood is an interesting choice of name for a child?
  • Options
    Dunkin' is my favorite coffee to buy for everyday drinking. I don't like Starbucks blends very much. I love coffee.
  • Options
    LDY, <3 thank you for showing me that loveliness. 
  • Options
    Can people remind me why being a BM sucks? I am being really stupid and being kinda sad that one of my BFFs isn't gonna have me as a BM in her wedding next summer. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:44321f1d-d1aa-4899-9fed-20960ce532a1">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night : I sometimes wish I didn't drink coffee as much as I do because I'm literally addicted at this point. I'm trying to drink more hot chocolate instead. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    zomg COFFEE ADDICT!!!!! Don't let Brandi see that!
  • Options
    Being a BM is expensive as balls sometimes. I love being one though. Why isn't she having you, MuSu?

And I don't get the Dunkin love. At. All.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:a7f78eac-4982-480f-a279-7af16424b59e">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is up with all the celebrity tragedy lately? First Usher's step son gets brain dead and now Sylvester Stallone's son is found dead. Apparently some kind of OD.  Am I the only one that things Sage Moonblood is an interesting choice of name for a child?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Really? I hardly watch the news...that's so sad.</div><div>
    </div><div>And, yes to the Sage Moonblood thing. Unless you're a Native American, then it would make sense. Or a hippie.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:99b19d79-cb76-4006-a87e-25cbc1c1482f">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can people remind me why being a BM sucks? I am being really stupid and being kinda sad that one of my BFFs isn't gonna have me as a BM in her wedding next summer. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

It costs extra money between the dress, possibly throwing parties, paying an extra night of hotel because you have to go to the rehearsal....?
  • Options
    My husband has been at work all day. We went and opened a bank acct, went to Fuddruckers, came home and he went upstairs to play Diablo immediately...am I allowed to be sad?
  • Options
    LDY - I have never really tasted a difference in the store bought coffee. Then again I put a lot of sugar and milk in it. My MIL loved the Dunkin though.

Musu - being a BM sucks because you have to pay a lot of money for a dress you'll only ever wear once that you don't even get to choose. Right?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:56490c46-8ffc-4e65-8516-2e1664d3a626">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband has been at work all day. We went and opened a bank acct, went to Fuddruckers, came home and he went upstairs to play Diablo immediately...am I allowed to be sad?

<div>I wouldn't be. He ate dinner with you, right? And he probably wants to relax. I don't know, I would only be sad if there was discussion before getting home of a movie or something.</div>
  • Options
    I think she purposely did not choose any of her HS friends as BMs because we had a really tight group of the 5 of us (see the ladies in my sig photo, all 5 of us) and this particular friend is the type to have a million really good girlfriends. She makes best friends wherever she goes. I think (from what I know of her personality and the way she works) she probably knew she couldn't choose us AND some of her college/after college friends because she would have 8 billion BMs. And she couldn't just choose one of us because it would hurt the other 3's feelings. So I think she just chose a few roommates and college friends along with her sister. Which is fine obviously but I just love her a lot and would love to be part of her day. I'm just being whiny. 
  • Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I actually don't like Starbucks hot chocolate that much. But their white hot chocolate is amazing. 

There's a little coffee shop all over U of I's campus that has the best hot chocolate I've ever had. It's beyond words. 

Poke, I agree, Sage Moonblood is a weird name. He also named a son Seargeoh. Which I'm thinking is pronounced like Sergio. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:56490c46-8ffc-4e65-8516-2e1664d3a626">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband has been at work all day. We went and opened a bank acct, went to Fuddruckers, came home and he went upstairs to play Diablo immediately...am I allowed to be sad?

<div>For my cousin's wedding, the priest gave this advice to her (during their rehersal).</div><div>
    </div><div>"Should you ever find yoruself in a position where you feel your husband is not spending enough time with you, and too much time with the TV - don't be angry. There is a better solution. Walk up to him in the nude, stand in front of the TV, and wiggle."</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Sorry for the novel. I understand why she did it but I still have a stupid feeling of bummedness. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:f4512a42-04eb-4baa-8856-bc1614c614d5">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think she purposely did not choose any of her HS friends as BMs because we had a really tight group of the 5 of us (see the ladies in my sig photo, all 5 of us) and this particular friend is the type to have a million really good girlfriends. She makes best friends wherever she goes. I think (from what I know of her personality and the way she works) she probably knew she couldn't choose us AND some of her college/after college friends because she would have 8 billion BMs. And she couldn't just choose one of us because it would hurt the other 3's feelings. So I think she just chose a few roommates and college friends along with her sister. Which is fine obviously but I just love her a lot and would love to be part of her day. <strong>I'm just being whiny. </strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Don't worry.  When SIL got married, I was the only one out of us "kids" (i.e. the biological kids and their SO's) that wasn't a part of the wedding party. She more or less made me her unofficial biiiitch for the day.  Then this fall we have some friends getting married (the groom is H's best friend from HS) and the entire WP is the group of guys from HS and their SO's...except me.  So basically the whole group is part of the WP except for me.  I felt like such a whiner for being left out of those WPs, but it's still okay to feel that way as long as you  don't bring it up lol.
  • Options
    Leisel - I think white hot chocolate in general is just amazing.

Musu - if whatsherface can have 10 junior BMs then your friend can have your whole group. Tell her you'll help make everyone's sash. 
  • Options
    Musu, I have a couple of BFFs from HS that I couldn't ask to be BMs for that exact reason. I would still be bummed if a couple of them didn't as me to BMs. Hyprocrite, party of me. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:a7503db5-1e48-4875-a9c4-c52ed4bb560a">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night : For my cousin's wedding, the priest gave this advice to her (during their rehersal). "Should you ever find yoruself in a position where you feel your husband is not spending enough time with you, and too much time with the TV - don't be angry. There is a better solution. Walk up to him in the nude, stand in front of the TV, and wiggle."
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>THAT is awesome!

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:31bdbf85-c4a1-4c98-83f7-98a857b0ad9dPost:a7503db5-1e48-4875-a9c4-c52ed4bb560a">Re: Friday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Night : For my cousin's wedding, the priest gave this advice to her (during their rehersal). "Should you ever find yoruself in a position where you feel your husband is not spending enough time with you, and too much time with the TV - don't be angry. There is a better solution. Walk up to him in the nude, stand in front of the TV, and wiggle."
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

LOL!
  • Options
    Oh, I absolutely do not plan on bringing it up at all. I know I'll get over it and I feel embarassed to even feel this way at all. I think a part of it is that I really would love to repay the favor that all my BMs did for me because it meant so much to me. I don't have any sisters or female relatives so I really do not foresee me being a BM for anyone but these 4 because I don't have many friends and literally only hang out with people I knew from HS. This sounds really pathetic but its pretty much true. 
  • Options
    MuSu - that's understandable.  If MN is anything like WI, if you're a bridesmaid odds are you won't be sitting with your H for dinner, expensive dress, paying for pre-wedding parties.  This way you just get to go, have a nice dinner with friends and your H, and dance your heart out.  No other worries.
  • Options
    I understand why you are bummed Musical, I would probably be bummed too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    Musu - there is no shame in feeling that way. It's totally understandable. 
  • Options
    I like that Poke! However, I'm out of commission right now. BOOOO. 

I'm not too upset about it, because I know he wants to relax, but I'm like "Duuuuude, I've been here alone not talking to anyone (IRL) all day...please have a conversation with me!! I've been talking to DOGS all day...I think I'm losing my mind!!"

I'm effing OVER this SAHW shiiiiit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards