Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's still here?

It's Thursday night, and I've been studying statistics for hours. Once I'm caught up I'm going to start getting stuff together for when I visit FI next weekend!

What are your plans for the night?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who's still here?

• Options
    I'm here for a few more minutes. I've got orchestra rehearsal and then get to go home and collapse after. I'm wiped.
  • Options
    Hi I'm here.  trying to convince H to go on a walk with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:43dcdb2a-c6b5-4706-b2bc-43680120daa1Post:34fc1feb-1e22-4d6f-9626-2d556135fc61">Re: Who's still here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here for a few more minutes. I've got orchestra rehearsal and then get to go home and collapse after. I'm wiped.
    Posted by opalsky007[/QUOTE]

what instrument do you play, opal?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm still at work. FI has been wanting orange rice with corn so I have to go the market and pick some stuff up. He's having a bad day at work. That's the life when you work in entertainment.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:43dcdb2a-c6b5-4706-b2bc-43680120daa1Post:0f15c405-2d66-4a54-8bca-86ec139040ff">Re: Who's still here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's still here? : what instrument do you play, opal?
    Posted by sclams[/QUOTE]

Mostly tuba, but I assist on percussion too, since a lot of works don't have tuba parts. This concert, I'm playing the triangle. That thing's harder than it looks!
  • Options
    Opal - where do you play in Boston? Is it through school or a community group?

Sclams - just read your bio and
    (a) Your dad is NOT the bad aero professor that everyone complains about! (His name starts with an "i")
    (b) I think that you are correct in your assessment that the dress looks better on you than the model.  It's awesome on you!
  • Options
    I have class. I kind of hate class. It's not a bad class, it just gets in the way of the rest of my life. And I won't get home until 10:30. Blah.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    MP, it's through school. Anyway, gotta go!

Have a great evening everyone!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:43dcdb2a-c6b5-4706-b2bc-43680120daa1Post:730c792a-7546-40a8-8916-1bfd259a991c">Re: Who's still here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Opal - where do you play in Boston? Is it through school or a community group? Sclams - just read your bio and (a) Your dad is NOT the bad aero professor that everyone complains about! (His name starts with an "i") (b) I think that you are correct in your assessment that the dress looks better on you than the model.  It's awesome on you!
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

1- haha, it actually took me a bit to remember how you could've figured that out. I guess that's a relief, but now I'm curious if my dad knows the other guy!
    2- thanks! It's totally not what I thought I wanted, but I love it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here - I got out of work early again, which makes me happy.  My paycheck will suck, but I hate to be there too much to stay.  
    I have no plans for the night.  H is at work on hs day off.  He needs one more half sale to hit his second tier bonus, and that would be VERY helpful.  He's got three hours... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm still at work.  Silly PST.

It's my FI's birthday.  I'm taking a break from wedding stuff to take him out to dinner.  :)
  • Options
    Ah, I'm here but you just reminded me that Community is on at 7. Phew.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    i'm watching "Bones" and waiting for SO to call me.  then i'm going to start reading a 217 page report on infertility for work.
  • Options
    I'm here. Just got home from work and am really tired. I need to be packing since we are leaving early in the am, but knotting is more fun.
  • Options
    I'm here.  Its only 6pm here, so I have a whole night ahead of me before all my shows start for the night.  I'm staring into the kitchen waiting for dinner to start making itself.  Enjoying a beverage while knotting is much more fun than cooking.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Whatcha drinkin
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Whipped cream vodka and diet coke.  Its delicious, and dangerous because I chug it like its cream soda.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm working on a nice yummy glass of chardonnay.
  • Options
    Vodka has become my new best friend.  Vodka soda with a splash of cranberry.  I was not aware there is a whipped cream vodka...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My taste for vodka has come a long way since my days of $5.99/handle Hawkeye vodka. Wow that was not good.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Alcohol makes me mean and crazy. I prefer beer and wine anyday - except scotch. 
  • Options
    Andy, I have to say I saw your post about TTC and a little upset that KJB and I will be losing our alchy buddy.  But congrats on that! 

I love vodka.  Hmm, maybe more than my H!  Haha, shh!

KJB thats funny my drink of choice is usually vodka water with a splash of cran.  Its delicious. 

Pinnacle makes the whipped cream vodka.  I first tried it when our GMs put it in their flasks for the wedding.  They also have a cotton candy flavor which is also delicious.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I usually stick to wine, but since I started calorie counting, I switched to something with less calories.  
    Now calorie counting, that makes me mean and crazy :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am also a big fan of beer and wine.  I like sweet wine though, I'm a baby.  My favorite is Moscato.  I haven't craved beer in a long time though.  Usually in the summer though thats what I mostly drink.  At my softball games, I usually put back a 6-pack.  My mom was very frightened about that when I was drinking and playing a week before my wedding.

We drink vodka a lot.  At home its usually regular vodka and crystal light (low-cal!).  But since we've found the whipped cream vodka here too we've been buying that. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dnb - omg I totally thought about that too.  Its so funny how we've gotten used to chatting together about what we are drinking!  I'm not going to be one of those people that quits drinknig because they are TTC though.  I think its going to take awhile.  The thought of not drinking anything for 9 months scares me.  Is that bad?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-still-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:43dcdb2a-c6b5-4706-b2bc-43680120daa1Post:46291e9b-3776-4478-b2f6-2a19fdc7f2bc">Re: Who's still here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Andy, I have to say I saw your post about TTC and a little upset that <strong>KJB and I will be losing our alchy buddy</strong>.  But congrats on that!  I love vodka.  Hmm, maybe more than my H!  Haha, shh! KJB thats funny my drink of choice is usually vodka water with a splash of cran.  Its delicious.  Pinnacle makes the whipped cream vodka.  I first tried it when our GMs put it in their flasks for the wedding.  They also have a cotton candy flavor which is also delicious.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Don't worry, I won't leave you.  We're not really planning on having kids.  Though I am completely irresponsible about that, so we'll see.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Good to know KJB!

Yeah its really funny how the 3 of us generally always turn our convos into drinking.  Where's our old friend to tell us how its not a laughing matter?  I think bitteroldhag was her screenname?

Yeah we are planning on kids eventually, but I want to get back on the east coast first.  So you got at least a year and a half before we start. 

9 months scares the hell out of me too!  I've already told H many times that he owes me 9 months of being DD after each kid.  I think I'll be that prego who enjoys a glass of wine every now and then.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ALCOHOLISM IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I for sure thought of my potential sobriety issues when I made H buy me a bottle of wine today - even though he was supposed to be studying tonight and didn't want to drink.  I feel like I should live it up. 
  • Options
    We STILL have leftover wine from our big BBQ in July.  We are down to 2 bottles of red (there are about 20 bottles of white if anyone wants them :)  I'm going to be sad when I have to buy wine again.  We did just join another wine of the month club, so I'm excited about that!  Pickup day is tomorrow!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards