Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread-Talk to me

H and I primed our office today, I'm not going to it looks rather spiffy. I feel like it look forever but I can't wait to get the actual paint on it tomorrow. So that was basically my whole day.

Now H and I are house/petting sitting at my parents house. It feels so great to be home. We're being lazy bums and watching the Olympics(NO WAY). I bet we'll both be passed out by 9. 

How was everyones day?
We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!

Re: Night Thread-Talk to me

• I would love to paint our house. It's a weird white-yellow color and totally ugly.

I just woke up from a nap. I still have the headache but the nap was nice. H is playing a video game for another half-hourr, then we're going for a quick store run. I might try to convince him to stop by Subway  because I'm craving a tuna and cucumber on wheat sub.
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That's really nice of her. H and I have a lot of hand me downs in our house. We're waiting awhile until we get new stuff. Furniture is so grossly expensive.
  • wow early night thread! haha.

I just finished both of my papers. Yeeeeah baby. I finished my first one last night and then slammed out my 20 page one today. My brain feels absolutely fried now though.
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:94b4b7e3-42f3-4339-a386-bc26d3a06e54">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would love to paint our house. It's a weird white-yellow color and totally ugly. I just woke up from a nap. I still have the headache but the nap was nice. H is playing a video game for another half-hourr, then we're going for a quick store run. I might try to convince him to stop by Subway  because I'm craving a tuna and cucumber on wheat sub.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>I think our house is the same color. We're only painting one room at a time. The worst part is the taping, but the painting is a blast.</div>
  • That's nice of her Edie.

FI and I did 30DS again today and I feel so out of shape. It didn't help that I came home and did it after being at pole class for an hour. I've cleaned some trying to get the house ready for next weekend. It's my shower and my BF is coming to stay. I'm more excited to see her than for the shower.

We are watching the end of the opening ceremonies and then will probably watch the Olympics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm hanging out until my parents get out of church.  I'm going tomorrow morning with FI.  Currently looking online (Pinterest and other sites) for some DIY ideas for our unity candle.  

Musu-did you get all that mess straightened out with your computer?  I remember all that from the other night.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Hi. I'm browsing Etsy for cute pillow covers and watching Friends. I have no idea what I want for dinner, but H is working late again tonight so I'm on my own. 
  • heb557heb557 member
    Petal- I feel out of shape too. I worked out(stretched and leg exercises) for 15 minutes the other day, I hurt for the next three. 
  • Mushu, what are your papers on?

Heb, I don't think H would let me paint even if the landlords agreed to it and bought the supplies. He'd want just one color, I'd  want accent walls, colorful trim, maybe a mural. And most of our stuff is secondhand. My dad and his FI love to upgrade before the old stuff is hardly used, and we're  happy to take it off their hands.
  • Tex -- Nope, we need a new harrdive. My mom rented a laptop for me from her work for the weekend thankfully. It sucks using Windows but it is better than nothing!
  • Hey there,
    I just sat down with some hibachi and am watching Dawson. I'm killing time until a live draft for FF. It's my practice for the one that some of the TK girls will hopefully be doing. 
  • heb557heb557 member

Here is a before and after, we tinted the primer the same color of the paint we are using. 

I don't know why the photo is sideways..

• I feel ya Heb.

My parents are like that too Sesh. They don't want to take the time to try to sell anything and aren't patient so I have gotten quite a bit of good furniture from them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rowing looks so effing exhausting.
  • I love green for decorating. FI's office is a nice sage green. I love it. It looks good heb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:30558511-40a7-475d-9f4f-e4df516616be">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mushu, what are your papers on? Heb, I don't think H would let me paint even if the landlords agreed to it and bought the supplies. He'd want just one color, I'd  want accent walls, colorful trim, maybe a mural. And most of our stuff is secondhand. My dad and his FI love to upgrade before the old stuff is hardly used, and we're  happy to take it off their hands.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>Right now we're just doing one colors too. I would LOVE to do glazes and such but a friend told me her bill for two rooms ran her $1100. I about had a heart attack.. That's awesome to get hardly used hand me downs. I would be excited about that! Our hand me downs are definitely well used. I'm about to throw our couch out the window. It's soooo uncomfortable.</div>
  • I'll be the dude that shouts at the rowers in the front of the boat. I wouldn't mind the view.
  • I love that color. It came out great!
  • heb557heb557 member
    Thanks ladies. It's the only room in the house with color right now. Our office furniture is supposed to be in this week. I can't wait!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:8a2f1b6c-a0b5-444a-96e0-bfaa00dd9f35">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread-Talk to me : Right now we're just doing one colors too. I would LOVE to do glazes and such but a friend told me her bill for two rooms ran her $1100. I about had a heart attack.. That's awesome to get hardly used hand me downs. I would be excited about that! Our hand me downs are definitely well used. I'm about to throw our couch out the window. It's soooo uncomfortable.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

I saw something online once about making "textured" walls and want to try that. I don't remember exactly how to do it, but essentially while the paint is still wet you either scrape and reapply it with some kind of plastic tool or use crumlped paper to give it a kind of layered look. So you're not really using any more paint, just using it a different way.

Mushu, I could never row. I am a weakling. But I've been trying to eercise more with these resistance bands I got and they seem to be helping.
  • I like that, heb!

My parents are retiring to their house in Florida within the next 5 years (or so they say) so H and I will likely get quite a few good pieces of furniture from them when they move. I already have my eye on things, haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:4dd46503-e5ed-4b76-8fc3-83881f80437e">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be the dude that shouts at the rowers in the front of the boat.<strong> I wouldn't mind the view.</strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Amen! I could handle that job. </div>
  • Oh yeah Sesh I totally would fail at rowing. But dudes have sexy arms thats for freakin' sure.
  • heb557heb557 member
    Seshat- Sounds awesome. I think I'm too nervous to try stuff like that. Maybe one day I'll feel comfortable enough to try fun stuff like that.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:a35ba3b9-7eba-428e-a2bb-e30be6855e31">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tex -- Nope, we need a new harrdive. My mom rented a laptop for me from her work for the weekend thankfully. It sucks using Windows but it is better than nothing!
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ew.  You're right that Windows is better than nothing though.  When I forget to bring my laptop home when I go see my parents, I have to use my dad's HP laptop.  I forget that PCs don't have the two finger scroll, and I get frustrated when it doesn't work </div><div>
    </div><div>Today was my RSVP deadline and I'm still missing about 40% of my responses.  Ugh.  

</div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Leisel, where in Florida? I'd love to live on the west coast, near St. Pete. Or in the Keys.
  • heb557heb557 member
    Rowing does look overly exhausting. I wonder if they ever just want to punt the guy up front? Like hello! who's doing the work here? I do understand that's his job, but still.
  • Sesh, my parents have textured walls in their basement. It's awesome - the walls are painted red, then tissue paper is crumpled and then smoothed out a little and put on, and then a charcoal glaze goes over that. So the color is kind of varied and the texture looks beautiful. I love it. 

Their house is on Amelia Island, off the coast of Jacksonville. It's my favorite place on earth :)
  • Evening. I'm currently cutting out letters for my friend's bulletin board. H and I have been so lazy today and I love it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards