Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night Thread-Talk to me

Re: Night Thread-Talk to me

• In Response to Re:Night ThreadTalk to me:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night ThreadTalk to me:I didn't know they made aluminum bottle of pop now. But then again the last time I had a pop, much less from a vending machine was like, 10 years ago.Posted by musicalsunlightYou've never had a can of soda? Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Haha I was wondering this too.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, maybe it is a bottle (I admit, I skimmed). I've never seen that either from a vending machine.

Backstreet Boys was my first and only concert, in 9th grade. My aunt got tickets for my birthday. It was a pretty good show, especially when they tied off to these rope things and swung out over the crowd. But I hated, hated, all the screaming, crying girls.
  • Don't mind me I'm just making up things as I go along.
  • Yayyyy gymnastics!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:928c8eb9-0171-4167-9e27-dfa2141d615e">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]They were my first concert. I bought a t-shirt iron on that said Nick and ironed it on my shirt. It was awesome. 
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

<div>My uncle stood in line and bought me and my family (and his family) tickets to a concert in Houston for their Millenium tour.  My poor cousins lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>This last tour, my mom went with me to the concert in Dallas, and I bought a ticket last minute to the SA concert.  I scored floor seats, so I was extremely excited.  And I got to see NKOTB, which was pretty awesome too. </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:541de078-ad0d-4310-801d-05e644819f41">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, maybe it is a bottle (I admit, I skimmed). I've never seen that either from a vending machine. Backstreet Boys was my first and only concert, in 9th grade. My aunt got tickets for my birthday. It was a pretty good show, especially when they tied off to these rope things and swung out over the crowd. But I hated, hated , all the screaming, crying girls.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>I went to that tour.  That was the closest I got to the guys (I think AJ swung near us) since we were in the nosebleed.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:59ce9814-5c72-48f1-8e88-77e9a071d83c">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread-Talk to me : I went to that tour.  That was the closest I got to the guys (I think AJ swung near us) since we were in the nosebleed.  
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

I hope you didnt go to the Orlando one and screamed, because I probably rolled my eyes at you. My aunt, a reporter, even quoted me in the paper making fun of those girls. Thanks, aunt, ha.

OK, I love this guy's story on the men's team. I hope he does well.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:73b39e44-3cc9-4d04-a26a-167e47cd4abd">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night Thread-Talk to me : I hope you didnt go to the Orlando one and screamed, because I probably rolled my eyes at you. My aunt, a reporter, even quoted me in the paper making fun of those girls. Thanks, aunt, ha. OK, I love this guy's story on the men's team. I hope he does well.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was at the Houston one.  

</div>
  • In Response to Re:Night ThreadTalk to me:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night ThreadTalk to me:In Response to Re: Night ThreadTalk to me : I went to that tour. nbsp;That was the closest I got to the guys I think AJ swung near us since we were in the nosebleed. nbsp;Posted by texasgurly13I hope you didnt go to the Orlando one and screamed, because I probably rolled my eyes at you. My aunt, a reporter, even quoted me in the paper making fun of those girls. Thanks, aunt, ha. OK, I love this guy's story on the men's team. I hope he does well. Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Right? I teared up a bit, lol... Not like me.
  • I think I like seeing the parents reaction the best. I love them sitting in the crowd just being super pumped and beaming with pride. So cute.
  • I just saw that too.  It was a good routine and his mom's reaction was adorable. 
  • This guy is so little. He could be my pocket friend.

That probably only makes sense to me and H. We say that about tiny guys stemming from a TV show we saw once.
  • I have to say, I had no idea male gymnasts were so jacked. I like it.
  • Hiya!  Went to dinner with H and then for ice cream.  He thought he'd be off until tomorrow afternoon, but they had some issues so they have to redo some stuff tonight and he has to go back :( so he just left.  Just got home and put the Olympics on.  Men's gymnastics awes me.
  • G'day. Do you guys like these shoes, and if so, should I get orange or yellow?

• I would get orange, daff. But I'm not a big fan of yellow anything.
  • Honestly, they're NMS, but with the right outfit, the yellow could be cute.
  • I wish I would've stuck with gymnastics. I hate my mom didn't make me stick to any of the sports I did.
  • I'm just in awe of gymnasts in general.  They are amazing athletes.  
  • Yeah mens gym makes them super muscular. I mean the majority of the sport involves being able to hold your entire body weight for long periods of time, hah.
  • I was involved in dance throughout elementary school and junior high.  That's the only extracurricular activity I wish I would have stuck with besides band.
  • I was in gymnastics as a kid and was really good at some stuff, but I could never get over the fear of the bigger events, like the bars and flips on the balance beam. Images of falling and breaking my neck scared me too badly. But I could hold a handstand like you wouldn't believe, ha.
  • edited July 2012
    Ok seriously, guys.  I'm about to start crying sitting here watching Ryan Lochte and listening to the national anthem. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:e45d7f81-12a9-489f-b030-1953fb73cbf8">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Images of falling and breaking my neck scared me too badly.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    That's a legit fear.
  • I was scared of a lot of it too, Sesh. So aside from being too tall for gymnastics, it was probably best that I quit and stuck with dance. I like watching it in the Olympics because it is the closest we get to dance, just like figure skating in the winter.

It must be the coolest feeling to know that the national anthem is being played because of you in that moment.
  • I am not a fan of those shoes Daff - they are NMS.  I'd go with the yellow over the orange though if you like them.
  • I like them for some reason. I don't know why. But I can't decide if it makes more sense to get orange or yellow, or if it even makes sense to get a pair of orange or yellow shoes to begin with.
  • Seriously?  Is Meredith Viera wearing a a kind of track suit and heels?  WTF?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-talk-to-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4a16dcd2-c6a8-48e8-b16f-1eb68be6bc4fPost:a5339840-b42e-40f8-8c3a-b7a240093dc8">Re: Night Thread-Talk to me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was scared of a lot of it too, Sesh. So aside from being too tall for gymnastics, it was probably best that I quit and stuck with dance. I like watching it in the Olympics because it is the closest we get to dance, just like figure skating in the winter. It must be the coolest feeling to know that the national anthem is being played because of you in that moment.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Women's gymnastics is my favorite event in the Summer Olympics, and figure skating is my favorite in the Winter.  Something about the grace of the movements in those events.  I love floor routines in gymnastics and the solo routines in figure skating.</div>
  • In Response to Re:Night ThreadTalk to me:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night ThreadTalk to me:I was scared of a lot of it too, Sesh. So aside from being too tall for gymnastics, it was probably best that I quit and stuck with dance. I like watching it in the Olympics because it is the closest we get to dance, just like figure skating in the winter. It must be the coolest feeling to know that the national anthem is being played because of you in that moment.Posted by musicalsunlightWomen's gymnastics is my favorite event in the Summer Olympics, and figure skating is my favorite in the Winter. nbsp;Something about the grace of the movements in those events. nbsp;I love floor routines in gymnastics and the solo routines in figure skating. Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

Those are my favorite events as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards