Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Merry Christmas Eve, E!

Re: Merry Christmas Eve, E!

• Options
    Yeah, I should probably do that, but it just sounds so horrible, haha.  To purposefully wake myself up in the middle of the night.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I enjoy mass, but E HATES it. So luckily we got out of it by going to his family today- he doesn't have to sit through it, and I don't have to deal with his week long complaints about it. Tomorrow we go to my parents house in the Northeast corner of CT for 11-3, then drive back down to the Southwest corner to be with H's family. Lots of driving- hopefully the weather stays nice. Petal- 31 on CE is nice, so stop complaining! Although I would like 70s year round.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh it is horrible, TR. haha!  You get used to it though.  After a while I felt like I was doing it asleep practically.  I would just look at the temp when I got up eventually.  Did you get a BBT that stores the last temp taken?
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    TR, I accepted that the temperature might not be perfect so that I could sleep without setting the alarm clock earlier than I already had it.  I think the cervical mucous is more important a sign anyway, since the temperature spike really happens at ovulation time, so at that point, you've already had a few fertile days.
  • Options
    Haha. Ok Nicki. I wore flip flops last night. Bad choice. It did snow a little so it looks pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nicki, I feel like I've asked you this before, but what part of CT are you in?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    Yeah I was more into watching CM/CP.  That's why I didn't temp the last 2 or 3 cycles.  I was driving myself crazy temping.

• Options
    Your temperature spikes when you ovulate.  So if you are TTC you can track this month after month and maybe see a pattern and know when you're most fertile leading up to it.  You can also use it to NOT get pregnant.   That's the short version anyway.

• Options
    Bay- the Hard Hittin' NB. I grew up in the Manchester-Vernon area. So we are at least central to all the driving. Where are you? Petal- it's hard for me to give up my flip flops, I feel ya. But yeah- bad choice.
  • Options
    Where are you at in Florida Lia?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nicki -- I go to CCSU, and I used to live in NB! 

I live 15 minutes away...M-town.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I graduated from CCSU, but am applying for grad school there! I bet we know some of the same people! I'm excited now. We should meet up over there for coffee or whatever. I'm there a lot still active helping out the theater dept. And I need to visit the history dept to figure out grad school options.
  • Options
    Holly, that's so sweet!  If I were your dad, I would love that. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all, I just returned from a last minute pickup at the mall and a quick stop at the grocery store.  Surprisingly neither were bad. 
  • Options
    That's nice Holly. I'm sure he will love it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Holly I am the same way. I think I'm an amazing gift giver and love giving the gifts the most.
  • Options
    ski2playski2play member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holly, really, really nice. 

We got a dusting of snow last evening in Western NY.  The small pond in the back yard froze over, and brrrrr it is sunny but cold.
  • Options
    Holly that's such a great present for him! 

I wish it would stop raining here.  It didn't rain all week.

• Options
    Aw, Holly, that is really sweet. i'm sure he will love it. My mom did that for me the Christmas after one of my cats died, only using pics of all the cats as well, and it was really touching.
  • Options
    I'm a really horrible gift giver, and I'm so jealous of people that are good at it.  It sucks, because it makes me feel like a bad friend/wife/family member if I can't even come up with a good gift on my own. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I suck at gift giving. 

• Options
    Personal gifts like that are the best.  He'll love it, Holly.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    That's a sweet gift, Holly.

I love giving gifts. 

I confess sometimes I put so much effort into buying gifts that I'm a little disappointed when the other person doesn't do the same with me (that's just regarding H, not anyone else).  I need to get over that pettiness.
  • Options
    Good Morning and Merry Christmas Eve!Smile
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • Options
    Hey Barbie :)

• Options
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_merry-christmas-eve-e?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c561985-e103-41b0-be27-9a5e2077b2b0Post:01a639e1-f319-40ec-8c9a-7bd69e8686eb">Re: Merry Christmas Eve, E!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a sweet gift, Holly. I love giving gifts.  I confess sometimes I put so much effort into buying gifts that I'm a little disappointed when the other person doesn't do the same with me (that's just regarding H, not anyone else).  I need to get over that pettiness.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

That's understandable, Mica. 
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I feel bad because I also suck at gift giving. I always am worried that they will hate it. I get way too stressed out over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My dad is not an emotional person either, and at most you get a "cool" or "thanks." but when I made him a calendar of pictures, mostly of my brother and me throughout the years, he cried and couldn't stop hugging us. Victory was mine.

I love picking out gifts, but I admit I don't always go for the practical. All the stuff I got H this year, he doesn't need at all, but they are all super cool (in my opinion) things.
  • Options
    Hey Fezz and Mica! How are you guys?
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards