Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW your cute animal

Re: AW your cute animal

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:79b775ed-9663-4742-93a6-a5b302f89c59">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : My H doesn't like boy dogs for some reason. I think he once said that it's because they pee too much on walks, but Ruby is now a multiple-squat dog herself, so I don't know what his beef is. If I get a male boxer, I'm going to name him Cloud.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

The one thing I have to say about male boxers is that it takes a loooong time to grow out of the puppy stage.  Ours is 2.5 and he still does the "puppy run" around our apartment sometimes.  And he often annoys our female with his constant want to play, but I love him.  They're the best. 
  • Options
    Rach, April lays on the top of the couch, too.  We like to ask her if she thinks that she's a cat.  Then she jumps from couch to couh.  This is a 50 lb dog, so it makes us laugh.

Cfas, we're a girl dog family, too.  Doesn't mean that April doesn't pee every 10 feet.  Sometimes she even fake pees, just so she can sniff or eat grass, and she thinks that we don't notice.
  • Options
    Baxter will lie anywhere except any beds or the like we actually purchase for him so that's where I find hair. Everywhere. He's even a short-haired cat. Thank goodness he enjoys being brushed for a least a little while.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:3bbf74a0-69fc-4baf-9100-fc878eb69d3d">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : Awful, but it made me laugh a bit.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I cried for like an hour and then realized it was actually quite a feat for her, considering her vision impairment.

Our cats shed a lot, but the worst thing is we find little Ada nose prints all over the place. She presses her little face against the windows, patio doors and the TV stand doors when she sees something exciting, so we are constantly whipping out the Windex to clean off the smudgy nose marks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My mom's dog, Yoo Hoo, a 60 lb bassett hound, perches on top of the couch too!! Dogs are weird. But I luff them.
  • Options
    Oooh I want to play!!

Tucker at his furriest:

Tucker not so furry:

Max reppin his team:

Keeley at Christmas time:

Not my dogs, but the little girl I nanny for with her "big sisters"

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of our favorite dog moves is the "head tilt".  Does that crack anyone else up?  I always think that April is looking at us like we're crazy when she does it.  My stepmom's dog, a mini-schnauzer, used to give us similar looks, but with raising the eyebrows.  It's amazing how expressive dogs can be without speaking.

Anybody else have funny dog expressions?
  • Options
    Elmo does the cutest head tilt. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I have 2 cats, Asher and Midnight. I adopted them around Christmas 2010. They were 2 and 3 months old.. so tiny and cute! But they've grown a LOT! Asher is about 12 pounds and Midnight is a little over 15. Midnights not even fat, just big!

My babies

Asher decided that video game time was cuddle time

He's obsessed with being under blankets. He pulled the blanket from the couch over so it was on top of him (don't mind the mess.. haha).

Midnight was completely obsessed with this toy for the longest time!

When he was little.. he's still super cuddly, there's just less sleeping on the face :-)

I think they were hot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    H wants a dog very badly and is also adamant about it being a girl because it's all he's ever had.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:d54f3144-84cb-431c-b009-46af37b2545e">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elmo does the cutest head tilt. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

And when you do an impression of him, do you make a noise like "heerrrm?"  Or something.  It's best heard and not written.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Lucy cracks me up regularly.  I love taking her to the park because you just ask her - "Lucy?  Wanna go buh-bye to the park?" And she runs around the house like a friggen maniac, kinda making these weird noises like she can't believe we haven't left yet.  Then when we get there she groans and yips and smacks me in the face with her tail til I get the car door open.  I'm just not fast enough for this dog.
    panther
  • Options
    Jenni, I adore that picture of your kitten sleeping on his face. SO CUTE!
  • Options
    I love weiner dogs so much. My parents have 3, 2 of which we got when I was 13, so they've been around literally half my life. I'm really terrified that my parents will lose their marbles when those dogs finally kick it. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    For Adamar:
    Atticus, aka Devil dog, brat, rotten.etc...

And Tobie, Tobias, Toad, Loverdoodle.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:36997ade-aa51-4918-bd2c-2029122e999c">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : Yeah, my Stewie is 7 and he definitely still does the puppy run! haha. You are definitely right about that.
    Posted by HappinessByTheKilowatt[/QUOTE]

It's really funny to watch, until you see the complete destruction he has caused.  I really can't wait to get to a place with a yard so he can run around outside.  When I take them to my moms, they love running around her yard at breakneck speed.
  • Options
    Rachers, Keeley is small enough to be carried, Tucker and Max, not so much. Although:

Tucker is very tolerant. Max would bite someone's face off if they tried this.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Glad Willow is okay Musu (I'm still on page 2)

No pictures of the family at work, sadly. :(
  • Options
    Adamar, my dog has the same life jacket.  I finally get to actually use it this weekend which is really exciting for me...I'm not sure if she is excited.

This is Nera or as she is often called, piggy pie, bat girl, turtle, black lightening, The Terrorist.
  • Options
    April runs around like that, too.  She recognizes the squeak of the drawer that contains the plastic bags that we use for her day care treats.  The second I open up the drawer, she comes sprinting in!  She does the same thing when we pick up her leash and collar.
  • Options
    Amy, I love little Piggy Pie!  What a cutie!  That is a great nickname!
  • Options
    Doggie life jackets make me think of this:

Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:76a66d49-5576-42b9-a01d-eb9a5036e246">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : And when you do an impression of him, do you make a noise like "heerrrm?"  Or something.  It's best heard and not written.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Haha yep!

KD I want to steal him!  Ahh he's just so cute!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Amy, your frenchie is way too cute.

And I also love that head tilt dogs do. OMG.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:3a65b1a5-c2eb-4eb3-b1c1-2eb7737e5aa9">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : Haha yep! KD I want to steal him!  Ahh he's just so cute!
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

He's thinking all the time. Like what can I do to piss her off next!

Ldy- our cats look similar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:5cdff1ab-da96-47b2-afe1-e78c5affc315">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW your cute animal : Ruby is 4.5 and she still does the 'zoomies' on a daily basis. Usually in our front yard. We'll come back from a 4-mile run. I'm dying, and I'll take her leash off, and then she takes off running in circles as fast as she can for another 10 minutes. It's like she's mocking me.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious.  All it takes is one good walk to completely tire our two out.  They come in, head straight for the water bowl, and then promptly find the most comfy spot on our bed to nap on.
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-your-cute-animal-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5c0d0c8c-c150-4d38-b3e6-43c92478203aPost:d57760b6-1f56-4f60-a73a-fe493a761388">Re: AW your cute animal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doggie life jackets make me think of this: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qB0xTywDAE" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qB0xTywDAE</a>
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>If and when H and I ever get another dog, it will be a Corgi.  They are so cute!</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Between me and the mutts, there is no place in our house that's safe from hair. 

Adamar, I remember getting stabbed by Dobie hair!  Though thankfully Kona's was black so I could at least see it. 

Diego is a master of the Pound Puppy face.  It's usually busted out when we're denying him human food. 
  • Options
    And thanks MP, Jenna, and Cfas!

I love all the doggies and kitties and other animals!  So cute!
  • Options
    I love the dog head tilt! It's so cute. My FI's parents' dog does that a lot. She does it when you do the upward inflection in a high pitched voice. She gets very excited about "car ride", "DQ", and "pizza" haha.

Does anyone else's cat play fetch? Asher does it a lot. He has these ball things that he will bring over to me. I throw it, he runs and gets it, brings it back, repeat. It's hilarious! Midnight loves belly rubs too.. I think we adopted mini dogs instead of cats :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards