Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: Getting on your own nerves.

2»

Re: Poll: Getting on your own nerves.

• Options
    Brie, what do you eat for breakfast and lunch everyday?
  • Options
    I'm happy to know I'm not alone in my weird writing quirk.  I've only done it for the past 2-3 years (and the finger-writing for the past 6-7 months).  I think the only person I told before now was Mr. Arb.
  • Options
    I say "you know" a lot. I've gotten better, but I still catch myself sometimes.

I also hate when I'm uncomfortable or nervous in a conversation I say "so..." at the end of a sentence.

Person:  What did you do today?

Me: Oh I went to the store and bought this...bla bla bla...sooo....(and then I sit silently)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-getting-own-nerves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60b52eb0-4ae2-4bd6-b080-88f0105202b0Post:b97858f3-6666-4fb3-983b-11ba68d99790">Re: Poll: Getting on your own nerves.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brie, what do you eat for breakfast and lunch everyday?
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

For breakfast, I mix together raw oats, peanut butter, whey protein, coconut, a few dark chocolate chips and a little milk the night before to make a 'breakfast cookie.'  I hate hot oatmeal, but oats really fill me up so I like it.

For lunch, on work days, I usually pack a pita with hummus, spinach with balsamic, a bowl of cut fruit (whatever's in season), and Greek yogurt with a little granola.  In the winter, I'll sometimes substitute soup somewhere in there.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I do the finger writing thing too.  I've never known anyone but myself to do that!  I also cry at eeeverything.  I seriously hate it and give myself a lecture on how stupid it is afterwards but I can't help it.   
  • Options
    I make this, like, clicky sound in my throat. I hate it.
  • Options
    That sounds yummy to me. I might have to steal your lunch; I have a hard time putting together lunch menus for work.

How does the breakfast cookie work? Do you shape it and refrigerate it?

My neighbor has eaten a PB&J every single day at work for as long as he's had his current job, which is about five years.
  • Options
    I'll get a word stuck in my head for a few days and spell it in my head over and over in weird random ways that almost sound like a song.
  • Options
    Georgia, you just mix all the dry ingredients together (I use 1/2-2/3 c. oats, depending on how far I'm running that day, and 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder) and then splash in milk bit by bit until it's crumbly and press it onto a plate (I use a salad plate).   Then you refrigerate it overnight.  I'm not too concerned about being able to pick mine up since I eat it at home with a fork anyway, but if you get the consistency right you can pick it up, wrap it, and take it to go.  It tastes like a no-bake cookie!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Awesome. I will be C&Ping this recipe. As I don't really do any form of exercise at the moment, would you recommend leaving out the protein powder?
  • Options

Oh I talk too much/take too long to tell stories.

And I let things build up til I am at the breaking point then have a breakdown. Like last week, FI & I are sitting at the table and as I'm shoving pasta in my face, I'm crying and bitching about stuff that has happened in the span of a few days up til a month ago. 

Oh and I interrupt people too. I reallllly have been trying to work on that, I don't know what it is, but it's like I'm going to explode if I don't say it RIGHT NOW. 

Crosswalk
  • Options
    I speak like an uneducated teenager. "like" "you know" and the like. it annoys my H more than me, but it annoys me as well. when I already speak with a lisp, it just makes me sound like a lilttle girl, and not the educated 26 year old I actually am.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Before I type something in my address bar I go over the keys without pushing them.. it's strange.

Pooh, I do that too. I also speak in text language (H calls it that). I say "OMG" all the time... I actually got my dad doing it, too. :D
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I begin way too many sentences with ohmygod.

I say "like" constantly.

If I am telling a story, I will say an annoying "I was like"  before repeating a quote or emotion.  Example:  Instead of saying "You were so drunk last night", I will say " I was like, ohmygod, you were so drunk last night"  It annoys the bejesus out of me.

I tell really, really long stories.  I feel like I cannot tell a story without telling the story behind each part of the story.  So often that I usually forget what story I was trying to tell in the first place.

I say I'm sorry too much.

I giggle too much, and come off as nervous.

I interrupt a lot.

Everytime someone tells me a story, it makes me think of a similar story that happened to myself and I always supplement conversations with stories about myself.

See...I am very annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I interrupt a lot too, Sascha.  Like, all the time.  I'm trying to stop and it's kinda embarassing.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    It is Moose!  I come from a family of people that never shut up, so when I want to say something I feel like I need to say it at that exact moment.  Or else I start to talk and cut myself off and the other person notices and it makes for awkward conversation pauses.

What is worse, is that I am usually interrupting to tell them a story about myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me too.  Heck, on the weekend, I interrupted H at the garden center where we were trying to figure out what we wanted to buy.  He started to tell me what he was envisioning.

I interrupted to tell him what I was envisioning.  Good wife I am not.

• Options
    I have terrible, year-round allergies and I clear my throat constantly. It bugs me and I know it bugs the people around me to the point where one of my coworkers told me I need to stop doing it or get a cough drop or take medicine or something. Yeah, dude, it's not like I enjoy it, I just feel like I can't breathe all the time because there's stuff in my throat. I'm terrified I'm going to do it throughout our wedding ceremony. :(

I interrupt a lot and when someone else is telling a story I always have to think of a similar story in my own life to tell, kind of like I feel like I need to bring the attention back to ME. I hate that about myself, it makes me seem really self-involved.

I talk a LOT and when I get nervous I start babbling. When out in public or meeting new people I always ask FI afterwards if I talked too much or embarrassed myself.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Haha!  Yes, I find myself occasionally forcing myself to ask him questions about things going on in his life and just listen instead of always talking about my life.

But he has told me things that are important about his past, and I usually wasn't listening good enough and I forget his answers and am too embarassed to ask again.  Like what his tattoo stands for.  I have asked probably 20 times and cannot remember if it is the symbol for courage or strength.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I can't believe I just used "envisioning" twice.  In one post.  About gardening.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-getting-own-nerves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60b52eb0-4ae2-4bd6-b080-88f0105202b0Post:af661557-769f-4065-8969-be1015c393cc">Re: Poll: Getting on your own nerves.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cry about everything. I'm one of those people who cry when I'm upset, sad, mad, nervous (especially talking in front of people). It'll be about the littlest freaking thing, but I can't stop it! I know it's coming, I try to talk myself out of it, but I fail, every. single. time.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

This! It annoys the crap out of dh, and me! And is SO ineffective when in the middle of an argument and I start crying instead of screaming like I want too lol!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-getting-own-nerves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60b52eb0-4ae2-4bd6-b080-88f0105202b0Post:6cabd6c3-6a40-449e-a43c-82dc5c0f9a36">Re: Poll: Getting on your own nerves.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've also started using my index finger to "write" out words/phrases that I hear on television or in conversation.  And always in cursive.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally do this too!  And sometimes, it's not even words I hear, sometimes it's the words I've been thinking in my head when I'm almost talking to myself.  I'm such a weirdo.</div>
  • Options
    I cry for every major emotion. Am I flustered? Tired? Depressed? Angry? Sad? Frustrated? I cry for all them. If I get hit with an unexpected bill I cry too which has got to stop because that's just life.

I start almost every story with "So". I'm sure I've done it here a lot and I know I do it in emails. Such as "So yesterday I was doing blah de blah" or "So I was thinking..."

I pick at my nails if I am bored or anxious.

I bite my lip if I am bored or anxious.

I take really deep breaths that sound like sighs randomly. Scott always asks me what's wrong and doesn't believe me when I say nothing, I'm just breathing.
  • Options
    I'm that obnoxious person that constantly clicks "clicky" pens.  Especially if I'm on hold or reading something.  I don't even realize I'm doing it until the girl in the office next to me yells.  That, and I'm OCD about plucking my eyebrows.
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-getting-own-nerves?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:60b52eb0-4ae2-4bd6-b080-88f0105202b0Post:fd725cea-f858-4fec-935b-cb39a80735ce">Poll: Getting on your own nerves.</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about yourself irritates the snot out of you? You catch yourself doing something and you're just "Uggh, stop it!"  There has to be something. I completely abuse quotation marks for pointless reasons.<strong> I use them for "everything" under "the sun." </strong> AND I CAN'T STOP.  It's a sickness.  I need help. Ok, now you go. 
    <p>Posted by eastunder1[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>I totally understand you reserving the usage of quotation marks for adding emphasis to the hot stuff that ends up under me. </p>
  • Options
    I talk too much about myself and sometimes fail to ask the other person how they are doing.  I used to be much worse about this, but it seems to be getting better.

I am also a massive slob.  I don't mess up the areas we share together, but I tend to be super-messy in my own areas.
    White Knot Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards