Wedding Etiquette Forum

Every few months

I really wish for a bathtub.  *sigh*  I'd love nothing more than to sit in a tub with a glass of wine and my book.

What do you wish for?

Re: Every few months

• A fireplace!!!  I will trade you a fireplace for a bathtub...actually, never mind, I need the bathtub to wash the dog...
  • A dog, no snow, my tv show to always be on with new episodes.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I have both a fireplace and tub and don't use either.  If you come to Little Rock, you're welcome to use them, lol.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • About 6 fewer inches of hair.  Every. Single. Day.  I'm dying to chop it all off and dye it.

Another cat.  If it wasn't for FI, I'd have about six by now.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • A new car.
  • You can have my tub Amoro. I haven't taken a bath in at least 10 years. I don't like them.
  • A job. Well, a part time job that would allow me the time off I'd need to care for DH.
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63ac43c0-a899-4c64-aa23-ec57fa8e489bPost:e01520e6-06cb-4ec1-9ece-63b7c7107bf0">Re: Every few months</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>About 6 fewer inches of hair.  Every. Single. Day.  I'm dying to chop it all off and dye it.</strong> Another cat.  If it wasn't for FI, I'd have about six by now.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I am doing both on Friday. :) Thank goodness because I haven't had a haircut since July and my color is so blah right now.

ETA - And when we originally went to get a cat, we were supposed to get 1. And came home w/ 3. Yeah, I'd get a few more if I could too!

• That's my tub. Just to make you jealous :)
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • A whole new freakin' apartment!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  A fenced in yard, probably at least half an acre.  With really big trees! And a hammock!
  • LaurenClaire that was not nice LOLOL.

Someone send out a picture of a fireplace because it is freakn COLD up here!!!!!!!
  • I wish for a new set of knees and that I didn't have such a sweet tooth.
  • Um, Lauren, remind me never to help you with shoes again.  BTW, my younger sister's name is Lauren, and she's mean too.
  • gg, amoro, what are you guys doing to your hair?  I already have my post-wedding chop scheduled and I can't wait.  I want to do a really short, really dark bob, kind of Katie Holmes-ish, but minus the crazy.  I'm dying with long hair.  I hate it so much.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, and I've also acquired a strange love of D&G's new fragrance, "L'Imperatrice".  It's really abnormal for me because I don't do florals, and this is floral but ILURVEIT.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63ac43c0-a899-4c64-aa23-ec57fa8e489bPost:032ae1e4-b6b8-42e0-a497-e80ec29abfd6">Re: Every few months</a>:
    [QUOTE]gg, amoro, what are you guys doing to your hair?  I already have my post-wedding chop scheduled and I can't wait.  I want to do a really short, really dark bob, kind of Katie Holmes-ish, but minus the crazy.  I'm dying with long hair.  I hate it so much.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://www.shorthaircutstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Short-layered-hairstyle.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.shorthaircutstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Short-layered-hairstyle.jpg</a>

WEE!!  I've had my hair cut like this before and I can't wait to go back.  I grew my hair out because it is fucking expensive to get it cut here.  BUT now that we'll be moving to Sweden in a couple of months and I'm hopefully going to be going for job interviews soon, I can justify the expense. YEAH!
  • That was mean. I's sowwy.

I wish for a Roomba. My life is a race against dog hair piling up on my hardwood floors.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:63ac43c0-a899-4c64-aa23-ec57fa8e489bPost:5e834c79-686e-44ab-88ba-119b828b2fda">Re: Every few months</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Every few months : BUT now that we'll be moving to Sweden in a couple of months and I'm hopefully going to be going for job interviews soon, I can justify the expense. YEAH!
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Are things still on track, Amoro?  Sounded the other day like you weren't sure -- hope everything is working out!
  • Ooh, that's really cute.  I looove short hair--I can't wait to go back to chin-length.  I feel like a Yeti with all this length.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cute cut, Amoro. 

Brie, that sounds super hot.

I'm also wishing for shorter hair.  This is the longest my hair's been in my entire life.  I think I'm gonna cut it like this and go back to blonde right before we move: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/michelle-williams-BA-0707-de.jpg
  • HAHA dog hair...awful...

Anyone else getting pushback on cutting their hair short??  I mentioned how much I loved an old pic of myself with shorter hair and my mom freaked.  Also, FI would LOVE for me go back to blond but I can't afford it anymore!!  Almost $200 every 6-8 weeks is TOO much! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_months?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:63ac43c0-a899-4c64-aa23-ec57fa8e489bPost:8cb892e2-cfa7-4e7e-945e-7b5954a6fbba">Re: Every few months</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cute cut, Amoro.  Brie, that sounds super hot. I'm also wishing for shorter hair.  This is the longest my hair's been in my entire life.  I think I'm gonna cut it like this and go back to blonde right before we move: <a href="http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/michelle-williams-BA-0707-de.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/michelle-williams-BA-0707-de.jpg</a>
    Posted by julezlee[/QUOTE]

*gasp* I REALLY want to go for a pixie cut, but I recently found photos of myself from when it was nearly like that and it was baaaaad.  OMG, you have to do a before/after.

H knows better than to say anything about my hair.  Cause the more he says he likes it long, the shorter it gets. :D
  • I hate long hair too, Brie. Mine is just past my shoulders now and that is too long for me. All of the ends are split and it's unhealthy.

I am hoping to just dye my hair a rich dark brown - my natural dark brown is very boring. I want to cut it about an inch or 2 and add layers. I am hoping for it to look like this, but a bit shorter:

• Kate, things are back on track now.  Stupid HR getting everything hung up and making it more difficult than it needs to be!
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    I actually wish for my long hair BACK.  I loved my shorter hair after the wedding, but it just doesn't style right anymore and I can't figure out the best way to find a GOOD hairstylist in our new area (since clearly the last time I tried that-for the wedding- it didnt' work out so well). And I really miss being able to put it in a ponytail or bun if I'm lazy or running late. I've never in my life had to use this much heat to style my hair every single day and it's taking its toll. I guess that's also just part of the whole job and no more college style thing.

ETA: I don't know many people in this area to ask about hair stylists, but I think in a few weeks I'm going to have to just pick a place and get it cut. It's just so blah right now. I also want lowlights just for fun.

I also wish for more trees. We have 2 really large trees, and compared to the rest of the houses we looked at our yard is huge, and I love that its fenced in, but I grew up on 3 acres of trees trees trees, and I miss pretending like I lived in a huge uninhabited forest.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Zoe - Which area of CT are you in (without getting too specific?) I am in the New Haven area!
  • I wish for tax season to be overrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards