Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Asking guests to not take pictures during the ceremony

2»

Re: Asking guests to not take pictures during the ceremony

• Options
    Unless your venue/officiant/whatever doesn't allow photography, there is no polite way to police people and their cameras. I would be offended as a grown adult to have someone tell me when I can take pics, what I can take them of, where my mind should be during the ceremony, or when I can post my OWN photos to FB. Holy micromanager! OP, please just let this go and ENJOY your wedding day. You are truly just putting undue stress on yourself and your guests because of this idea of yours. It is really not worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_asking-guests-to-not-take-pictures-during-the-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a09273-6896-4b2c-83af-62ac08a5c381Post:fb5047b1-53d9-437c-84ed-c4e8c773e826">Re: Asking guests to not take pictures during the ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a lurker, but I just had to respond to this post. My parents were married in the 70's and had a professional photographer. Their house burned down in 1980. The only photos of their wedding that sill exist are those that were taken by their family members. Of course, I know that everything is digital nowadays, and this issue is thereby different due to time and space. However, I don't think that it is the wisest plan to put all of your "memory" eggs in one basket. Also, other people may want to remember your wedding as well, especially if they are members of your family.
    Posted by cperez1212[/QUOTE]

<div>Similarly: My sister got married in 2003. Her photographer's camera was brand new and unbeknownst to anyone that day, there was a glitch in the camera and my sister ended up with no professional wedding photos. Her only photos are those taken by other guests. I'm not saying it's /likely/ that something like this will happen to you, but things DO happen, and you would be mighty sorry if you went all bridezilla forbidding guests to take photos and as a result ended up with none.
    <div>
    </div><div>And, yeah, like some others have said, some of my favorite pictures came from other guests. Your photographer can't be everywhere.</div></div>
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm confused about why having a photographer would mean your guests don't need pictures of their own. Is your wedding photographer going to be distributing wedding photos to all of your guests so they don't miss out on the memories of your wedding that they may want pictures of? Do you think your guests don't want pictures of their own to remember your wedding? Or do you just think that guests wanting to remember your wedding is not that important?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards