Wedding Etiquette Forum

oh, FB

So a friend comments on some person's status, and I check it out.

Said person's status says, "don't go hatin' on me because you ain't no N-word like me".

Said friend's comment: "you go girlie! Wooooooooh!"

Um...friend of friend is white. And I'm pretty sure no one in this world is jealous of her 7 kids with 5 different dads. This person also complains about not having any money and how tough single moms have it, etc etc. But she's CONSTANTLY updating FB through her blackberry. I'm pretty sure if I were in that rough of financial shape, I would have a blackberry, and possibly would've learned before kid #5 that kids are expensive.

Re: oh, FB

• No kidding, that's ridiculous.

You came up yesterday as a FB recommendation for me.  Do you have a regular page and then a Knot FB page?  Or just the Knot one?  Just curious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow.  She's... probably going to be single for a long, long time.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:3be83f05-dc5a-4be9-9b95-08b6e45066f8">oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I'm pretty sure no one in this world is jealous of her 7 kids with 5 different dads. This person also complains about not having any money and how tough single moms have it, etc etc. But she's CONSTANTLY updating FB through her blackberry. I'm pretty sure if I were in that rough of financial shape, I would have a blackberry, and possibly would've learned before kid #5 that kids are expensive.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

You're wrong.  I'm so totally jealous you have no idea.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think she might be a member of my family.  Does she con the government into giving her money as well, by telling them her live in boyfriend is gay?
    Photobucket
  • Hm. Could've been my cousin, I keep trying to disown... She doesn't have quite that many, but there are at least 3, all 3 different dads. I never thought she was married to any of them, but apparently she's been married at least once (in her half sister's obituary, her last name is different - news to all of us).

And oh yeah - she is also apparently a grandmother. She's 2 years younger than me.

She's the one I refer to paying for food with food stamps and handing them over with freshly manicured french tips, riding off in her new Explorer or Harley (both were repossessed). Klassy.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I made a separate FB account for knotting, Dani. Funny...I haven't gotten you as a recommendation yet. I've gotten everyone else pretty much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:7f129f07-0a90-4184-a161-21e33ab38cac">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made a separate FB account for knotting, Dani. Funny...I haven't gotten you as a recommendation yet. I've gotten everyone else pretty much.

I hate how this will sound, but I'm picky with who I choose to FB friend so I'm only FB friends with a few knotties.  That might be why I haven't come up for you yet.
  • what is the FB group for P&E called?  I tried searching for it the other day, but no luck.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:7dd4d97f-f5d7-42ae-857f-782ec20654a9">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think she might be a member of my family.  Does she con the government into giving her money as well, by telling them her live in boyfriend is gay?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Hmm...not that I know of.

But speaking of trying to screw the government....another girl on my FB - who also sells Epicure (home-based party business) on a semi-full-time basis was bitching in her status about not getting her unemployment cheque yet. Um...you're self-employed also. Why on earth would you be bitching on a public networking site? Makes me want to report her.
  • Oh and P2, I just sent you a PM.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:7ca9e99e-6816-4840-8838-ff3d5cf867ad">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is the FB group for P&E called?  I tried searching for it the other day, but no luck.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

It's called P&E on FB, but I don't think I was ever able to find it by searching for it either.  You have to contact Vogt to get in.  There's never much on it though, just people b!tching about the new format problems.
  • There's nothing wrong with being picky about facebook friends, Dani. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:08c0b1bd-a071-4f48-8b1d-1604f1462bed">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: oh, FB : Hmm...not that I know of. But speaking of trying to screw the government....another girl on my FB - who also sells Epicure (home-based party business) on a semi-full-time basis was bitching in her status about not getting her unemployment cheque yet. Um...you're self-employed also. Why on earth would you be bitching on a public networking site? Makes me want to report her.

Oh brother!
    Photobucket
  • I had a friend once tell me she was going to intentionally ride out unemployment for as long as possible because it was "free money". I took a deep calming breath and explained to her that no, it's not free money, it comes from taxes and from people like me who go to freaking work everyday. I honestly don't think she had ever stopped to think about where that money comes from. Infuriating.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:adba8cfe-e763-490c-a7bb-af54baaadf26">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with being picky about facebook friends, Dani. 
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I agree!  Sometimes I feel like it comes off snotty when I say it to people who are the types to FB friend everyone they ever knew once. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:adba8cfe-e763-490c-a7bb-af54baaadf26">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's nothing wrong with being picky about facebook friends, Dani. 

I agree. I made an entirely new profile just for knotting...so I totally understand.
  • Yeah, I've had people do that to me.  Some I can barely remember ever meeting or knowing.  I'm not sure if they're aware, but there is no prize for having the most facebook friends.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:3d812180-aaf0-464f-8bdf-bf244b31b675">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there some sort of place to report people who sells fake purses and fake Nike shoes?
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Probably their local police department.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:18f470bd-1a25-4d2b-990a-7ffbc4ac7ac6">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a friend once tell me she was going to intentionally ride out unemployment for as long as possible because it was "free money".
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Being on unemployment SUCKS. Your friend is stupid.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My next door neighbor's religion is listed at M.J.I.T.K.O.P. it took me a second, but then I realized it meant Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. I hate her so much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:31437d60-d0f8-44fb-9b9e-09eed44f10b9">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I've had people do that to me.  Some I can barely remember ever meeting or knowing.  I'm not sure if they're aware, but there is no prize for having the most facebook friends.

I know! My littlest sister (the one I don't like) has 1300 FB friends. I can pretty much guarantee you I don't even know 1300 people. She also RSVPs "yes" to every.single.event she gets invited to, even by her friends in Mexico. I'm so tempted to remove her as a friend, ha.
  • 1300, P2? That's insane!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:f2fa4232-a592-474d-8a92-39bbf8f56c75">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]My next door neighbor's religion is listed at M.J.I.T.K.O.P. it took me a second, but then I realized it meant Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. I hate her so much.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I have now become aware that one can subscribe to a statement as definition of one's religion.
  • [QUOTE]I had a friend once tell me she was going to intentionally ride out unemployment for as long as possible because it was "free money". I took a deep calming breath and explained to her that no, it's not free money,<strong> it comes from taxes and from people like me who go to freaking work everyday.</strong> I honestly don't think she had ever stopped to think about where that money comes from. Infuriating.
    [/QUOTE]

Actually, unemployment does<strong> not</strong> come from tax dollars, and it definitely doesn't come out of <strong>your</strong> pocket.  Employers pay  unemployment insurance.  The rates are really low (max 4% in NC, for example), and the rate is determined by how much money is paid out to people laid off by a particular company in any given year.  The company chooses for itself whether it is a good idea financially to lay people off, and they lay people off knowing that there is a good chance in this economy that their laid off employees very well may end up having to max out their unemployment.

And that is your tax advice from Heels for the day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:1f4abae3-1976-4146-9215-750c84e1a212">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: oh, FB : Being on unemployment SUCKS. Your friend is stupid.
    Posted by salt78[/QUOTE]

Oh Salt, the level of stupidity in that whole situation nearly ended our friendship. A) She quit her job in the middle of a recession because she "didn't like it". Tough shiit! Be a grownup and go to work. At least wait until you have another job lined up.  B) She declared she would just ride out unemployment. C) She whined and boohooed when she couldn't find another job after unemployment ran out.

I thought she pretty much got what she deserved and I told her so.
  • My religion on FB is "I can see Russia from my house." It might be time to change that -- not quite so topical anymore is it?
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:08c0b1bd-a071-4f48-8b1d-1604f1462bed">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: oh, FB : Hmm...not that I know of. But speaking of trying to screw the government....another girl on my FB - who also sells Epicure (home-based party business) on a semi-full-time basis was bitching in her status about not getting her unemployment cheque yet. Um...you're self-employed also. Why on earth would you be bitching on a public networking site? Makes me want to report her.
    I'd seriously consider reporting her. But that's just me. I also want to report my nail tech who has told me she doesn't report half of what she earns. I make a lot less than she does AND I have to pay my taxes. It pisses me off.
  • My brother has over 1000 FB friends, the sad part is whenever you look at his wall there are all these "who are you?" posts. That kid, i dunno...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-fb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:64a223eb-860f-449c-aed2-f5762125aa56Post:93a0f5b5-1630-4eed-a85b-2bb85269182f">Re: oh, FB</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually, unemployment does not come from tax dollars, and it definitely doesn't come out of your pocket.  Employers pay  unemployment insurance.  The rates are really low (max 4% in NC, for example), and the rate is determined by how much money is paid out to people laid off by a particular company in any given year.  The company chooses for itself whether it is a good idea financially to lay people off, and they lay people off knowing that there is a good chance in this economy that their laid off employees very well may end up having to max out their unemployment. And that is your tax advice from Heels for the day.
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]
    This is oh-so-true. I second heels's wisdom on this.

Also, pp, I hope you know that isn't really a Sarah Palin quote. That's a SNL quote. She said you can see Russia from Alaskan soil, which you can...a Russian Island is visible from an Alaskan island. And the context was to express that Alaska is closer to Russia than most people realize. I guess I am trying to see the humor in your "religion."
  • Heels - Thank you!  More people really should be aware of this. 

aragx - You must have Superwoman vision to be able to see Russia from Chi-town!  :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards