New York-New York City

Rainy day photo location ideas?!? Help!

Just looking for suggestions - we're getting married in late October right near the southeast corner of Central Park, and I want to take photos outside near all the landmarks down there - the statues, the Plaza, FAO, Tiffany, etc...but my fiance is very concerned it will rain, and if it does, he will REFUSE to take pics outside.  He hates the rain.  It is driving me nuts, but I checked the Farmers Almanac, and it may indeed rain that day! 

We will take pics in our hotel on East 57th, and then at the venue, but I want some pictures to show we were married in NYC, even if it rains!  Any suggestions for memorable INDOOR pictures in that neighborhood?  Seriously, we are starting to fight over this!! Help!

Re: Rainy day photo location ideas?!? Help!

• The inside of the Plaza Hotel is beautiful as well as the Pierre a few blocks up- amazing. You can go inside FAO. So fun!  There is also the SONY building (might not be the exact name but SONy is affiliated) on 57th/ 56th  and Park Avenue. It has a nice inside area and usually has a flower display or festive display of some kind. I would also go into Bendels- and Bergdorfs- just for the design aspects.Trump Tower has some nice areas as well and right next to Tiffanys. Hope that helps!
    Any idea if there is rain on July 22nd, 2013??
  • Columbus Circle - go upstairs to Stone Rose and take pics overlooking the park. 
    Also, Grand Central if that's not too far - near the clock - very NY.
  • Thanks!  I think we are planning on Grand Central as our rain plan, as we won't be kicked out.  Our photographer said the other places may pose problems.  But I'm crossing my fingers we won't need to go there!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards