Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday night

Re: Monday night

• Options
    Thanks strlz! My phone is about to die, and I'm going to be enthralled in the Gossip Girl and Smash season finales when I get home, so I'm going to say good night! See you ladies later.
  • Options
    Hmm. Sorry it's not working for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Random vent -

One of DH's coworkers told us today that he refuses to give his kid any vaccinations.

Now I've had Whopping Cough as an adult.  I would not wish that on my worst enemy.   It took all I could not to get pissed at him. 

One reason is because kids cry for a day or 2 after.   Umm, while that sucks, it sure beats having Whooping cough for 4 MONTHS (like I did) or worse dying from it.   But another reason is he trusts his doctor sister who says don't get them.  Then I found out she was a chiropractor.   Now, I have nothing against chiropractors, but I'm not sure they would be my go-to-person for vaccination issues. 

IDK,  this is one issue I have a problem with progressive thinking.   I admit I could be wrong.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Lynda, I'm with you on that. I have a friend who is going against her pediatrician's advice on vaccinations for her son and I just can't get on board with that. Plus, kids that aren't vaccinated can pass those sicknesses to kids who are too young for certain vaccinations.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heeeeeey! My internet is working again! Fecking windstream. On the up side, I used the down time to go to Kroger and get some of that Red Velvet ice cream. Mmmmm. I'm going to start reading the parts of the thread I missed.
  • Options
    And then I kill the thread : p
  • Options
    I'm still here... I just got home.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    How goes it with your FI, Angel?

• Options
    Oh, and it's not jus tyou. Every time I post it brings me to page 7. Silly TK.
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Team Historical here too. We had the same problem, but since the historic homes in our price range are in not great areas, I can live.
    Back from Target with more stuff than went in for. The stop at World market didn't help.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome back. I didn't get much at Kroger. Two salads on managers special and some Red Velvet Cake ice cream. 
  • Options
    Erin, we basically got things out in the open, but it's going to be a process, since there are a lot of issues. I don't really know what's going to happen. We have some time to think about it, but we may end up postponing the wedding. I hope it doesn't come to that, but we'll see.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:88188839-7dd1-4783-90d9-bb03e0e83277">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, we basically got things out in the open, but it's going to be a process, since there are a lot of issues. I don't really know what's going to happen. We have some time to think about it, but we may end up postponing the wedding. I hope it doesn't come to that, but we'll see.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw Angel, I'm so sorry. I hope you get it all worked out. Do what's best for you, though!</div>
  • Options
    So what is everyone up to?
  • Options
    Thanks Erin... it's kinda tough right now, but luckily I have people here to lean on. It's hard for me to talk to people IRL about stuff like this.

Poke, I'm not up to much... drinking a diet pepsi, lol.
  • Options
    Ha sounds like a good time Angel. But I'm glad you know you have people you can talk to here. 

And I'm considering getting more ice cream. I only had a few bites earlier. 
  • Options
    What kind of ice cream? I need to stay away from ice cream... and all fattening food. Usually when I'm stressed, I don't eat much and I lose weight, but this time around, it's been the opposite. I need to stop eating, lol.
  • Options
    Red Velvet from B&J. Nates was talking about it earlier and I had to go out and get some haha.
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
     Poke,hope the ice cream is good. Angel, is that your dog in the sig photo? If so, adorable. Also, I'm sorry for your troubles.  I'm just watching TV.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The ice cream is VERY good. 

Sooo. Tell us a little more about yourself Zizibet. Do you plan on continuing to post here, or were you just bored tonight? lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:0b1205c7-8e44-4b90-8595-e7b457ca01b4">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE] Poke,hope the ice cream is good. Angel, is that your dog in the sig photo? If so, adorable. Also, I'm sorry for your troubles.  I'm just watching TV.
    Posted by zizibet[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's my dog. His name is Max and he's a huge brat, haha. But yes, very adorable.
  • Options
    Angel - is he the one that bit you the other week?
  • Options
    Why yes he is, Poke. I still have that huge bruise on my leg, although it's fading. I'm hoping it's gone by Saturday... I'm hosting a bridal shower and I'm hoping to wear a dress... I don't want to gross everyone out with my huge bruise.
  • Options
    Haha, naughty puppy. I hope it goes away soon! I love wearing cute dresses to parties.
  • Options
    I hope everyone doesn't jump ship to that other site... I don't feel like going elsewhere, way too much hassle. TK is so easy and all my boards are here... even if TK IT sucks, haha.
  • Options
    I hope so too. I don't like change. And I'll admit that TK is prettier than proboards haha. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-night-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6974c1ff-0dd3-4b5c-b1b0-ffc159a5732aPost:6c493ac9-0ac5-489f-b71d-420164148755">Re: Monday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope so too. I don't like change. And I'll admit that <strong>TK is prettier than proboards haha. </strong>
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Hahaha I totally agree with that.
  • Options
    Plus, TK has it's problems but it's not too bad. I have a feeling that the proboards will be a little more vicious. 
  • Options
    zizibetzizibet member
    Ugh. Sorry about the bruise. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards