Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

• Options
    KW, to be fair, the President didn't praise Vick. He praised the Eagles for giving a second chance to a convicted felon. Nothing about dog fighting or Vick turning his life around. He could have called several teams, actually, and praised them for hiring convicted felons... and that would have been less controversial.

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:709cb5e1-1500-42a5-aa9e-c65d8a350718">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I read about two posts in that thread and decided to close it. Even if people felt the same way I did, there were some many things that piss me off about that particular topic that made me not want to ruin my day. :)
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

This was me. I don't agree with Obama congratulating the Eagles on signing Vick. He did something wrogn, didn't even fulfill his jail term, and is now back in pro-football making millions of dollars again.

Didn't we recently have a thread about how he wants to be able to have dogs again because of his daughter. ::eyeroll:: That man should never be allowed around dogs again.
  • Options
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Cfas, this Saturday Jan. 1 at 7:30pm EST. It has been AWed a few times.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:8d4f5735-c0fc-4d11-a673-1f39057d2bef">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cfas, this Saturday Jan. 1 at 7:30pm EST. It has been AWed a few times.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

I have the sads that I don't have cable to watch this.
  • Options
    That definitely is mery. It was talked about in their SB poll thread.
  • Options
    7:30 you say...time to DVR!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:6983615a-beab-4489-800e-f0352eea0c5e">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember one other FFF that was over 800, but I can't remember how many over 800. Matilda, I'm not touching the part about whether putting a ticker up too early is an issue for m/c purposes, but I think it's ridiculous to say that you can't put one up early because it's hurtful to people who're struggling to get pregnant. First of all I don't understand why you think that's more hurtful than putting one up at 12 weeks, and second of all just the concept that people should walk on eggshells like that is silly to me. I own a home, I know some other people on here are struggling to save to own - should I not have mentioned my House Hunters episode? Is that hurtful? Or is TTC a special category?
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

I didn't say people can't do it. At this point I regret saying anything all. I was offering up an argument and trying to make a point. It's always going to happen, people are going to be hurt, I've acknowledged that. <em>I've also said there's nothing to be done about it.</em> People could get hurt over someone eating meat because they are crazy vegans and protest with PETA. People have been hurt over less important things being said. Everyone has their triggers.

And I'm really done. I'm going home and I'm not talking about this anymore, because I've admitted that I was wrong on some points and I've accepted that other arguments are good (even if it doesn't change my opinion on all of them) and I really just feel right now that I am being ganged up on for things that other people said as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:071dd92d-3608-449a-ba3f-a570b8bea094">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : If you want to talk about the millions of dollars he makes, you should look at what actually happens to his money.  He's in some serious debt, plus the payments he has to send out for his kids.  It's all laid out here: <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=munson/101202" rel="nofollow">http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=munson/101202</a> However, this is not to say that him being able to play again is okay.  <strong>But, if you're going to take a stand on Vick, you need to take a stand on every player in the NFL who is a felon.  And that would be about half the players.
    </strong>Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Agreed. While I understand why people say it would kill the game, I really think all players with felony convictions/serious misdemeaners need to be booted. That could probably be another 700 post thread though ;)
  • Options
    Matilda, I'm not ganging up on anybody.  I said before that I found your posts, collectively, to be different than the "ditto" posts - mostly because of the timing of when they said ditto, and the caveats they put on it. 

Again - you can have whatever opinion you want.  And I'm entitled to find it ridiculous. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I almost wanted to pull out my nerd and explain how IP addresses work, but I refrained. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:053dacec-cf22-4743-b785-ad490e96ff7f">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : Agreed. While I understand why people say it would kill the game, I really think all players with felony convictions/serious misdemeaners need to be booted. That could probably be another 700 post thread though ;)
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

YES. But I've had this discussion before with people and found that not everyone agrees with me :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:053dacec-cf22-4743-b785-ad490e96ff7f">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : Agreed. While I understand why people say it would kill the game, I really think all players with felony convictions/serious misdemeaners need to be booted. <strong>That could probably be another 700 post thread though ;)</strong>

LET'S DO IT!!

Plus, I think that we should just admit to ourselves what college games are-- prep for the NFL.  There is no reason to hold them to stupid standards because, let's face it, they aren't there for an education, why force them to have one?  Do you know how much it costs to keep them with tutors?  Ugh! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:d1a34e5c-9d3c-492c-bcdb-1b8c63a2c3a3">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : Totally agree. I think he's a douche, but is he any worse than players who have been convicted of manslaughter or rape? No, but you would think so from reading some of the recent "I HATE VICK!" posts.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Here Here. It's never made sense to me the vehement reaction against Vick by people that don't seem to care about any of the other convicted felons still playing in the league.
  • Options
    Yeah, same here Birdie. I know, lets get a bunch of people with obvious rage issues (in the case of violent crime convictions), and tell them to hit each other. Weee!!

I guess better they are hitting each other than innocent bystanders?

Ok, I've got to go eat dinner. Night!
  • Options
    1. I can't believe this thread is still going.

2. Gahhh I am SO TIRED of hearing about Michael Vick.

3. I had lunch with Tree. Be jealousE.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Well, goodnight ladies. I'm getting out of here. Unfortunately, I'll be in the office tomorrow, so I'll be around during the day. Have a good night!
  • Options
    Hide your Beagle, Vick's an Eagle! Tongue out

Ok I'll stop now.
  • Options
    I'll see you then Cengle. :) 

This is now the thread that won't die. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : Agreed. While I understand why people say it would kill the game, I really think all players with felony convictions/serious misdemeaners need to be booted. That could probably be another 700 post thread though ;)

See, I'm actually fine with hiring felons. Felons... need jobs when they're released into society. I know in some professions, you can't work with a record. But if very few jobs are open to felons, even talented ones, then the taxpayers will end up supporting them forever.

As for the role model argument, my kid wouldn't be wearing a Vick jersey and they'd know why. I'm not saying he's an awesome person. I just can't get it up enough to care that he's working in his chosen field and that said field wanted him back.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:ee178540-5110-4d37-9f2e-f74e93ecf0bf">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I almost wanted to pull out my nerd and explain how IP addresses work, but I refrained. :)

I bypassed the nerdy stuff for a "there's more to it" post, and took the hit.  But, ya know, the fact that I found the info and sent it to TK gods makes me creepy. 

I KNOW BETTER THAN TO READ THREADS ON SB.  :D 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:6c190150-ff92-45fe-8be1-34b86f93085a">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : LET'S DO IT!! Plus, I think that we should just admit to ourselves what college games are-- prep for the NFL.  There is no reason to hold them to stupid standards because, let's face it, they aren't there for an education, why force them to have one?  Do you know how much it costs to keep them with tutors?  Ugh! 
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I don't "get" college football, because I see it as an extracurricular sport. And the players change every 3-4 years anyway. My dad laughed and said, "Yeah, no. They're not there to go to school."

Except Ivy League players, cause they have to pay their own tuition and stuff.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I should have just quoted mery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:3e420b47-b7dc-44d1-bf27-64498bfa2363">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : See, I don't think going to jail = above the law and consequence. I also think if there were as few people who could work as, say, CPAs, as people who can play in the NFL, that a CPA sure as hell would be able to get his or her job back after getting out of jail.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I know I figured that wouldn't come across as the way I intended. I can't really put my thoughts into words right now.

And CPA's might lose their license to practice if they have a felony. And if they don't, their private employer might fire them. To me the NFL is their private employer and it blindly turning an eye to their bad behavior.

I will also say that there is a big difference in my mind between violent and non-violent felonies. I don't believe a non-violent felon should suffer the repercussions of their actions for the rest of their life like I feel violent felons should.
  • Options
    While I think Vick is scum, I am glad that he's working again.  At least he's paying taxes rather than being unemployed and another burden on taxpayers. 
  • Options
    Still catching up... but one of you all - Nebb, Any... need to bring a box of assorted Timbits to our GTG this weekend.... You have started a craving with the donut talk :).
  • Options
    I think that, in the past, it has seemed as though there was a lot of leniency for players, but I believe that's changing now.  Not to mention, I was on campus with Plaxico Burress and he was a douchenugget.  They covered up so much crap that he did, it was unbelieveable.  But you better believe those NFL teams knew what he was  when they picked him up, and most of the time, the NFL is actually tougher than college.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:3bd50df1-87c0-457e-8f51-28b01e1e53da">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still catching up... but one of you all - Nebb, Any... need to bring a box of assorted Timbits to our GTG this weekend.... You have started a craving with the donut talk :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    Can do!! I sent alix a map to send to you for the parking info at the pub, just so you know.
  • Options
    K I'm about to head out. Bye ladies!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:fc7b9fd5-1458-4539-9937-6516b32b7506">Re: FFT?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFT? : I know I figured that wouldn't come across as the way I intended. I can't really put my thoughts into words right now. And CPA's might lose their license to practice if they have a felony. And if they don't, their private employer might fire them. To me the NFL is their private employer and it blindly turning an eye to their bad behavior. I will also say that there is a big difference in my mind between violent and non-violent felonies. <strong>I don't believe a non-violent felon should suffer the repercussions of their actions for the rest of their life like I feel violent felons should.</strong>

I only think they should if their crimes demand a life sentence or the DP. :-) Once the government is done punishing them, well, that's it. I think sex offender registries go along with part of the punishment, though.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards