Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!

• You would think, with the way my dad talks about diets and stuff that he would be skinny. He is always on yoyo diets and has lost and regained the same 80 lbs over and over. He has pants in his closet from a 38 to a 52. It's crazy. He's always giving me "advice" on how to lose weight but obviously it doesn't work for him as far as keeping it off so I hardly pay attention
  • Haha oh I'm pretty sure I've gained all of mine back, plus a lot more.  I've literally done nothing but eat and drink since I've been home.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • What the F?! I just finished the Dexter book - kept getting interrupted - but Jesus. It's so unlike the show. Still good but now I'm baffled.
  • ldy-- I have never read the book, only watch the show. Did you read the first in the series? How far does it go through, like is it a "season finale" type ending?
  • Guys, I don't think we're going to make it to 2011 posts.  This is way too slow.
  • We have to do 57 posts an hour from here out (and I'm going to bed in a few hours) until midnight to make it, and we all know it's going to slow the hell down after 5pm EST.
  • I don't know, I'm sick as a dog and will be cooped up for the entirety of NYE festivities so I could easily just post by myself for hours if need be. That would be completely pathetic, but plausible given my condition at this point. ;)
  • Olives and Figs are both Todd English places.  Both in Charlestown, but I think Figs has a location in Boston too. 

Hilltop is a crazy steakhouse place on Rt. 1. 

Or, the fallback plan is Kowloon.  We're RANDOM.  But, I think I'm going to try for Figs first. 

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • dnb, what's with the third comment on your status?  Is that a joke, or is she that confused about how FB works? 

And, see, if my aunt said that, she'd mean it to be mean and cutting. 

DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • I've been to Olives.  It was good, but I don't know that I thought it was fantastic. 
  • Post to post :)
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • I'd be livid if a relative of mine jokingly accused me of being pregnant on FB.  I'm FB friends with a bunch of my ILs who would be horrified if I got pregnant before we were married.  Luckily I'm not active on FB so it's not an issue.

• Mica, did you ever get to go home?  Or sleep?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Man I hate making cake balls.  Note to self:  never make them again.
    Photobucket
  • Well, it's only 1:53pm here, so I'm at work.  I just knot in between doing other things, not during critical patient time.  It's boring paperwork time.

Sleep -- well, I probably don't sleep enough, but I've been feeling fine.  H says I have unusually high amounts of serotonin that allow me run around with little sleep.
  • ldy-- Hmm ok good to know, lol! I heard that the rest of the book series isn't as good as the show, but I guess that is all opinion.

Geez I'm so bored I'm watching reruns of the RHOA reunion. blaaaaah.
  • I didn't even know there was a Dexter book.  But I've read the Sookie Stackhouse series and it's completely different from True Blood.  It's fine, I don't expect it to be the same, really. :)
  • Ahhh, I for some reason thought you worked through the night last night.  I think you were posting early enough this morning that I assumed you were STILL awake, rather than awake AGAIN. 

AND!  We have a 7 pm reservation. Amazing.  Or, perhaps everyone is eating at 8 or 9 tonight.  I dunno. 

Also, this means I have to go get ready. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• It's 6pm here and I will be all alone all night.  Is it too early to open up the bottle of wine I didn't open up last night?

(really just adding to the post count)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Kelly, how do you make pink champagne cake balls?  I am intrigued. . .
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Lynda, actually, I think your window of opportunity expires in 15 minutes.  Hop to it, woman.  :D 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

• Mmm.  Champagne cake balls.  Cake balls sound dirty. 

The coating part sounds like hard work.

That's the problem with being a good cook.  People suddenly want you to cook more.  It's a blessing and a curse.
  • edited December 2010
    I use this recipe:
    ETA:  I use pink champagne in place of regular champagne.  you can never have enough pink.
    Photobucket
  • I just went and spent $50 on alcohol and I don't even plan on drinking much. Some german reisling, Lambrusco and Jager for H. Not to mention all the fixings for the dip. And the 100 wings that H picked up.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Can you taste the champagne after the cupcakes bake?  Hm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:c24f460c-7eb5-46ce-98a6-8b6b45756402">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda, actually, I think your window of opportunity expires in 15 minutes.  Hop to it, woman.  :D 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Squirrly is in favor of drinking at every opportunity.  You should never ask a pregnant woman when you should start drinking because the answer is always "now". lol!!
  • I have made so much crap today, I still have to make the red wine risotto, but I want to take a break.  At least my house smells good :)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:9ad5a078-6910-4754-8399-f4424bfff5eb">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]missie, did May 11 ever settle down?  Or are they still invading boards and then complaining when people don't gush about how awesome they are?
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Yeah - that was a mess.  It was really only a handful (maybe 5) of posters and it reflected on the whole board.  Being a mod, you know how little power we actually have.  And not being a regular on SB or the E board, I had NO clue who was who and what the hell was going on.  I'm glad it's over, but it does get brought up quite a bit that the May 2011 girls are crazy.  Sometimes I think about taking anything May related out of my siggy so that the stigma doesn't follow me around.  Truth be told, those girls are pretty kick ass and are really supportive. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Post post post!  I'm here at least for another hour, we can do it!
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fft?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6cc65dd7-abf6-4edf-9e40-854c809d282cPost:c7a6f446-e0d6-48c5-9afe-26080ed899d5">Re: FFT?/GOOD MORNING AWESOME EENERS!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went and spent $50 on alcohol and I don't even plan on drinking much. Some german reisling, Lambrusco and Jager for H. Not to mention all the fixings for the dip. And the 100 wings that H picked up.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Do you have Orange soda?

We do a shot called the Candy Corn.  It's a shot of orange soda with a shot of Jager layered on top.  It's really good and you do not taste the Jager.

eta - you can use Cream soda (Yoda), Dr Pepper or Rootbeer (Jager Root)

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards